Amber Follis, RN is a board certified registered nurse. She completed her undergraduate degree at The University of Texas at San Antonio where she also participated in the women’s basketball program. Following graduation from UTSA with a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Amber pursued a second degree in Nursing. After graduating from nursing school, Amber relocated to Austin where she worked in the operating room at St. David’s Hospital.
Amber has pursued her lifelong passion of aesthetic nursing since 2002. She is an expert aesthetic nurse injector in Botox, Dysport, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, and Radiesse. Amber previously served as a national trainer for Merz Aesthetics, one of the leading dermal filler companies and makers of Radiesse. Along with extensive training with world renowned Sally Hayes in permanent cosmetic enhancement treatments, she also has advanced training in laser procedures such as IPL, laser hair reduction, laser resurfacing and laser skin tightening. Amber is also very well educated in anti-aging products.
With a natural compassion and ability to listen to patients’ needs, ongoing continuing education classes in the latest advances in aesthetic medicine has allowed Amber to deliver satisfying results that help patients look and feel their best. Amber is a member of the Associates of Medical Esthetic Nursing, American Society of Plastic Surgery Nursing and Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals.
Amber sees patients at our Four Seasons location in downtown Austin.
What Our Patients Are Saying About Amber
- “Everyone is delightful from start to finish!” — Amy S. (January 5, 2015)
- “I feel like I can really trust Westlake Dermatology’s staff and medical providers. It’s worth the extra money to receive quality care.” — Barbie C. (July 1, 2014)
- “Great atmosphere. Very friendly and knowledgeable.” — Jeannine H. (June 19, 2014)
- “The entire appointment was terrific — from the front desk greeting, the gracious and relaxing office environment, and the knowledge and procedures by Amber Follis, RN. I am thrilled to be a new patient of Westlake Dermatology and look forward to future appointments and treatments by the professional staff and physicians at the Westlake Dermatology Four Seasons office.” — E.B. (August 20, 2013)
- “Could not have been more enjoyable. Amber is fabulous…professional, smart and takes time with her patients. I would never go to anyone else!” — Nancy B. (July 27, 2013)
- “My visit was great! Amber has been doing my Botox since I moved to Austin in 10/11. Amber is very professional, and I trust my treatment to her. At today’s visit, both Amber & your receptionist assisted me in choosing skin care products, and I am very pleased. I asked Amber to recommend some other cosmetic procedures, and I plan to follow up when I can. I have recommended Westlake Dermatology to others!” — Diane H. (February 23, 2013)
- “Amber was very thorough and had already reviewed my chart. That almost never happens when you go to any provider for any reason, anymore. She was very knowledgeable and provided me with information which was very helpful. Finally, I did not have 1 single bruise from my injections – a first!” — Kerry H. (December 21, 2012)
- “I thought Amber did a really good job of answering my questions and explaning every thing to me. She was excellent with the treatments I had.” — Arlette S. (December 12, 2012)
- “I had the very best experience with Westlake Dermatology today. My appointment was for cosmetic Botox services with Amber Follis. I got lost on the way to the appointment and the receptionist went way above and beyond, actually giving me directions as I drove! Also, I have been receiving cosmetic treatments from Amber Follis for over 2 years and would not see another provider. She is an exceptional nurse, extremely compassionate, and very skilled at doing Botox, Juvederm, and fillers such as Radiesse. Thank you Amber for another great result, and thank you to the kind and professional staff at Westlake Dermatology.” — Patricia G. (August 20, 2012)
- “It was fabulous; I love amber!!!!” — Trish H. (July 30, 2012)