Alison Lowe, MD
Alison Lowe, M.D. completed her doctorate of medicine at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, where she graduated with the distinction of Magna Cum Laude. While attending medical school, Dr. Lowe was recognized with the Thomas B. Freese Award for Overall Excellence in Dermatology, and was elected into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She remained at the University of Texas Medical Branch to further her medical education, completing an internship in Internal Medicine, and subsequently fulfilled three years of specialty training in Dermatology. Dr. Lowe was awarded for excellence in medical student teaching, and was selected to serve as chief resident during her final year of residency. Throughout this time Dr. Lowe was involved in various research activities, authored several scientific publications, and presented at multiple state and national scholarly meetings.
Prior to pursuing medical school, Dr. Lowe graduated Summa Cum Laude from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Science in Sociology. She is thrilled to be back in Austin and is committed to serving the community of Lakeway and the surrounding areas. Her interests include adult and pediatric medical Dermatology, skin cancer prevention and treatment, including melanoma, and cosmetic Dermatology.
Dr. Lowe is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is active in various medical organizations, including the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatology, the Texas Dermatological Society, the Texas Medical Association, and the Travis County Medical Society.
Testimonials About Dr. Lowe
- “The whole team over in Lakeway is absolutely top notch. Dr. Lowe puts you at ease from the get go. You leave there knowing that you were very well taken care of. I’m not going anywhere besides Westlake Derm in Lakeway!” — Ricky C. (November 6, 2018)
- “Everything was fantastic.” — Monica V. (October 12, 2018)
- “Dr. Lowe is exceptional.” — Michael F. (July 18, 2018)
- “Everyone is always so professional! I have no suggestions!” — Jeff M. (June 3, 2018)
- “You folks are great!!” — Wincil M. (April 5, 2018)
- “I was very happy with my visit. All my questions and concerns were answered to my satisfaction.” — Elissa D. (March 22, 2018)
- “All services were great!” — Jennifer S. (March 8, 2018)
- “I was totally satisfied with everything & the service!!” — Elise G. (February 27, 2018)
- “Dr. Alison was friendly, exuded confidence and was very kind and informative. As a Canadian, this was my first USA medical treatment, and I was totally pleased.” — Ann G. (February 21, 2018)
- “Everyone was very friendly. Dr. Lowe listened to my son’s concerns and helped us come up with a solution.
Thank you!” — Zachary S. (February 15, 2018)
- “I was very surprised by the outcome. It looks great!” — Karen G. (January 29, 2018)
- “Dr. Lowe was great! Wouldn’t change a thing!” — Kathleen S. (January 23, 2018)
- “Dr. Lowe was so great with my 14 year old son. She had great medical insight while putting him at ease with his visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Lowe.” — Catherine K. (November 27, 2017)
- “I was apprehensive about making an appointment to see a dermatologist. I am overweight and uncomfortable with that fact. I did not get that feeling at the Lakeway office. My father had skin cancer areas and I had a few places that I wanted a doctor to view. Dr. Lowe made me feel very comfortable and reassured me of the areas that I was concerned about and informed me of what to look for in changes in color and size. It was a refreshing experience. She did treat one area and prescribed an ointment that has helped with a few places on my arm. I am glad I decided to make the appointment. I will return in a year for a followup. Thank you for having a Lakeway office.” — Kathy B. (October 28, 2017)
- “You did everything possible to make my visit as comfortable as possible.” — Mary B. (October 24, 2017)
- “She was very concerned with my situtation. She’s also very helpful.” — Jamie H. (October 9, 2017)
- “We were extremely pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of all the staff members. Appointments are handled in a very timely manner. Things are explained clearly–and all questions are answered. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if all doctors’ offices were handled in this same manner?” — Mary K. (September 20, 2017)
- “Dr. Lowe was professional, warm, likeable and knowledgeable. She made me feel completely comfortable.” — Donna C. (September 6, 2017)