Breast lift surgery, also known as mastopexy, restores breasts to a more youthful position by addressing the changes that commonly take place with aging, weight fluctuations, or after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Westlake Dermatology offers breast lift surgery in Dallas at our location in University Park. Our experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Jonathan Nathan and his entire staff are dedicated to making sure you look and feel your best.
What Is a Breast Lift?
Breast lift surgery is a plastic surgery procedure that raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Breast lift surgery can also reduce the size of enlarged areolas.
A breast lift procedure will not increase breast size or alter the upper part of the breast, those results require a breast augmentation surgery. For those who desire both a lift and enlargement, both breast lift and breast augmentation can be performed simultaneously using the same incisions.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
Anyone who is in good general health and seeks to correct one of more of the following issues can benefit from a breast lift:
- Breasts with flat, elongated or pendulous shapes
- Nipples that fall below the breast crease when breasts are unsupported
- Nipples or areolas that point downward
- Sagging breast skin
- Enlarged areolas
- Unevenly hanging breasts
How Is a Breast Lift Performed?
Breast lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedition. The procedure typically takes 2-3 hours, and patients may return home the same day.
Incisions are hidden around the areola, and may extend downward from the areola to the breast crease, or horizontally across the breast crease. In the later 2 cases, scars will be hidden underneath the lifted breast. Excess skin is then removed and the breast is reshaped and lifted to the desired position. Incisions are then closed with stitches.
What Is Breast Lift Recovery Like?
How quickly you recover from breast lift surgery depends on the extent of your surgery and your body’s natural healing ability. In general, patients can expect to heal along the following timeline:
- 1-3 Days: Patients may experience mild to moderate pain for several days following their procedure. Pain may be mitigated with prescription medications.
- 5-7 Days: Sutures will be removed approximately one week after surgery. Most patients feel comfortable returning to work and other light daily activities at this time.
- 2 Weeks: Normal to moderate activity can resume 2 weeks after surgery, excluding chest exercises.
- 4 Weeks: After one month, chest exercises or upper body workouts may resume, as well as any other moderate activity.
- 6 Weeks: The healing process is normally complete after 6 weeks. At this point, swelling and bruising and any numbness or tingling sensations in the nipples will have resolved. All restrictions on activity are lifted during this time.
A consultation with an experienced, skilled surgeon can help you determine if breast lift surgery is right for you.
About Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Dallas
Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of breast augmentation procedures in Texas. Our Dallas team is dedicated to providing the best care to our patients. We perform the latest techniques using the finest implants in state-of-the-art surgical centers to safely provider our patients with their desired end results.
Meet Our Dallas Plastic Surgeon
- Dr. Jonathan Nathan: Jonathan Nathan, MD, MBA is a board certified plastic surgeon with over ten years of rigorous training. Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Nathan completed his undergraduate studies at Southern Methodist University (SMU) before completing medical school at Texas Tech University and plastic and reconstructive surgery training at Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois. He went on to complete a fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery with Dennis Hammond, MD in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Nathan’s unique training has provided him with a very specialized skillset in plastic surgery that allows him to provide his patients with a very customized and high-quality experience.
How Much Does Breast Lift Surgery Cost?
The total cost of a breast lift procedure can differ from patient to patient and is based on the type of mastopexy technique performed, how extensive of a lift is required, and whether or not an implant is utilized. Learn more about the cost of breast lift surgery