Dallas Eyelid Surgery
February Special: Save $500 on any eyelid surgery Procedure. Contact us today to learn more.
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that reverses the signs of aging around the eyes by correcting sagging, puffy or droopy lower and upper eyelids. The surgical procedure removes excess skin and fat tissue and tightens muscle for a vibrant, more youthful look. In some instances, eyelid surgery is performed to correct loss of vision due to lax skin around the eyes.
Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of eyelid surgery in Texas. Our Highland Park location in Dallas offers a full range of blepharoplasty procedures. Our skilled plastic surgeon and caring staff are dedicated to helping you safely reverse the signs of aging, for results that ensure you’ll look your best at any age.
What Results Can Eyelid Surgery Provide?
Blepharoplasty can enhance the appearance of the eyes by addressing a variety of aesthetic issues, including the following:
- Under eye bags or puffiness
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Drooping or sagging upper or lower eyelids
- Creases and wrinkling around the eyes
- Excess skin that interferes with vision
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, can correct both the upper and lower eyelids to enhance the eye area, making the eyes dramatically younger and vibrant.
Types of Eyelid Surgery Procedures
Eyelid surgery may be performed to correct issues with the lower eyelid, upper eyelid, or both.
- Upper Blepharoplasty: This procedure targets the upper eyelids to remove excess fatty tissue and tighten sagging skin and loose muscle. The lower area of the eye is not affected.
- Lower Blepharoplasty: This procedure corrects under eye bags, dark circles or wrinkling in the lower eyelid by removing excess skin or fatty tissue beneath the eye.
- Upper & Lower Blepharoplasty: Sometimes called a quad blepharoplasty, an upper and lower eyelid surgery procedure corrects issues that affect the entirety of the eye area.
How Is Eyelid Surgery Performed?
For an upper blepharoplasty, a very fine incision is placed in the natural crease above each eyelid and allowing for repositioning of fat deposits, tightening of muscles and tissue, and/or removal of excess skin. For a lower blepharoplasty, an incision is made just below the lower lash line and excess skin in the lower eyelids is removed. The incisions are closed with very fine sutures.
What Is Eyelid Surgery Recovery Like?
Eyelid surgery is an outpatient surgical procedure, but does require some downtime. Most patients can return to work and normal daily activity within a week of surgery, and full recovery is achieved within 6 weeks.
While everyone heals at their own pace, the following timeline is typical of most patients:
1-3 Days: Patients may experience mild pain and discomfort which can be managed with prescription pain medications.
5-7 Days: Visibility may be reduced during the first week of recovery, but will begin to improve by day 7. At this time, any sutures used will be removed.
1-2 Weeks: Most patients feel ready to return to work and light daily activities within 7-10 days after surgery.
2-3 Weeks: During this time, patients may return to wearing makeup around the eyes, and can resume moderate activity.
6 Weeks: Within 6 weeks of the procedure, most patients are normally fully recovered and all restrictions on activity are lifted.
Who is a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Anyone in good overall health who wishes to enhance the appearance of their eyes is an ideal candidate for blepharoplasty. Outcomes are generally best in non-smokers who are without serious eye or vision conditions.
A consultation with Dr. Jonathan Nathan will determine if you will require a lower, upper or quad blepharoplasty to achieve your desired results.
About Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Dallas
Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of facial plastic surgery procedures in Texas. Our Dallas team is dedicated to providing the best care to our patients. We use the latest techniques in state-of-the-art surgical centers to safely provider our patients with their desired end results.
Meet Our Dallas Plastic Surgeon
- Dr. Jonathan Nathan: Jonathan Nathan, MD, MBA is a board certified plastic surgeon with over ten years of rigorous training. Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Nathan completed his undergraduate studies at Southern Methodist University (SMU) before completing medical school at Texas Tech University and plastic and reconstructive surgery training at Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois. He went on to complete additional fellowships in Oculoplastic Surgery and Facial Aesthetic Surgery with Mark Codner, MD in Atlanta, Georgia and Rhinoplasty and Facial Plastic Surgery at the Warner Aesthetic and Reconstructive Institute with Dr. Jeremy Warner in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Nathan enjoys combining his passion for science and the arts to enhance the facial aesthetic of his patients.
How Much Does Eyelid Surgery Cost?
The exact cost of an eyelid surgery procedure can vary from patient to patient depending on need and the blepharoplasty technique performed. An in-person consultation is necessary to determine the exact cost. Learn more about blepharoplasty prices