Nicole Mathis, MD received her undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. She then completed medical school and her dermatology residency at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans.
Dr. Mathis has been involved in multiple clinical research projects. In addition to her interests in adult and pediatric medical dermatology, skin cancer prevention and treatment, and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Mathis enjoys community service and has volunteered with Day with the Docs, Habitat for Humanity, Pediatric Homeless Clinic, S.M.I.L.E., and Trinity Hospice.
Dr. Mathis is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology, and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and Women in Dermatology.
Dr. Mathis sees patients at our Four Seasons location in downtown Austin.
Here’s what some of our patients have to say:
- “I couldn’t make any suggestions for the clinic or Dr. Mathis! She was absolutely wonderful and went above and beyond her scope of duty!” — Sean D. (May 10, 2013)
- “I appreciate the high level of professionalism combined with friendly behavior – a rare occurrence in medical offices!” — Angelique R. (March 28, 2013)
- “Dr. Mathis and her team of medical professionals always seem to exceed my expectations. Only at Westlake Dermatology have I seen such a beautiful facility along with the most courteous staff I have encountered in the medical/beauty industry.” — Kellianne R. (March 20, 2013)
- “Loved Dr. Mathis and her assistant. They were both great and explained everything to me very well. I would recommend them to anyone.” — April G. (February 19, 2013)
- “I enjoyed my appointment very much. Dr. Mathis is just GREAT! Very knowledgeable and personable. I look forward to my next appointment with Dr. Mathis. :)” — Lisa S. (January 23, 2013)
- “Beautiful, clean office. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Dr. Mathis was very nice and gave me plan to address all of my concerns. I’ll be back for sure!” — Molly R. (December 13, 2012)
- “The staff was super friendly and welcoming. Dr. Mathis’s nurse was great and made me feel at ease. Dr. Mathis, herself was amazing and I will continue to go to her in the future.” — Eva J. (December 6, 2012)
- “Very wonderful first time experience. I was a bit nervous the dermatologist would push a highly expensive skin care line on me, but the options she gave me were very reasonable. The quality of staff was great, and very welcoming, both Dr. Mathis, and the front staff. I will be returning, and have also recommended the location to my sister and friend who are also looking to switch dermatologists. Thanks!” — Stephanie A. (November 2, 2012)
- “I was very impressed with the attention to my condition and of the attitude of Dr. Mathis toward my concerns. I am very optimistic that the outcome will be satisfactory, and I intend to see Dr. Mathis in the future.” — Angela T. (September 24, 2012)
- “Dr. Mathis was a breath of fresh air! She instantly made me feel comfortable and relaxed with her smile and personality. She was attentive and listened to what I had to say. She was very thorough, and if she was in a rush I never knew it. I just hate feeling like I’m just a number and I sure didn’t. I understand Dr. Mathis is a recent addition to the practice; I sure hope she can keep her wonderful attitude!The receptionist and everyone I came in contact had great attitude too with a smile and a hello! Gosh, I felt like I was back in Texas again, lol.” — Linda W. (August 3, 2012)
- “Dr. Mathis made me feel comfortable and listened to my concerns. This was my first experience with Westlake Dermatology, and it was wonderful.” — Amanda K. (August 3, 2012)