Crow’s Feet Study
Westlake Dermatology Clinical Research Center is seeking qualified males or females with moderate to severe wrinkles around the eyes (Crow’s Feet) to participate in a clinical research study. This 26-week study requires 8 in-office study visits.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Males and non-pregnant females, 25 – 65 years of age
- Must be willing to have their face photographed
- Must have moderate to severe wrinkles around the eyes (Crow’s Feet) when smiling
- Must have adequate vision without the use of eyeglasses to assess facial wrinkles in a mirror (contact lenses are OK)
- Must not have a history of non-response or adverse reactions to botulinum toxin treatment
- Must not have had any botulinum toxin treatment in the prior 6 months
- Must be willing to refrain from the use of fillers, botulinum toxin, laser treatments, or any product affecting skin remodeling (e.g. retinoids) in the treatment area during the course of the study
- Must not have had treatment around the eye with filler in the prior 12 months, dermabrasion or laser treatment in the prior 6 months, topical prescription-strength retinoids in the prior 3 months, and any other topical prescription medication in the prior 14 days
- Must not have a history of eye surgery, brow lift, or related procedures
- Must not have present or history of neuromuscular disease, ptosis, muscle weakness, or paralysis of the eye and eyebrow.
- Must not have present or history of “dry eye”
Qualified participants may receive:
- Study related examinations by Daniel P. Friedmann, MD, FAAD, Board Certified Dermatologist
- Compensation up to $450 for time and travel
No insurance needed. Participants must agree to adhere to study guidelines and protocol for the entire duration and will be required to attend all visits at specified times at the Westlake location 8825 Bee Caves Road Suite G Austin, Texas 78746.
If you are interested in learning more about participating please email Research@westlakedermatology.com