Amy Bekanich, MD
Amy Sanders Bekanich, MD is a board-certified plastic surgeon by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Bekanich earned an undergraduate degree at Westminster College in Salt Lake City. After helping run a cognitive neuroscience research lab at Washington University in St. Louis, she continued her education to obtain her medical degree at Oregon Health and Sciences University. She then completed residencies in both General Surgery as well as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency at University of Utah Health Sciences Center.
During her 5-year residency, Dr. Bekanich had the opportunity to work alongside top breast surgeons at the Huntsman Cancer Institute where she learned advanced techniques for aesthetic & reconstructive breast surgery. Dr. Bekanich furthered her focus in aesthetic surgery & fat grafting in the capital of cosmetic surgery, Miami, Florida, where she completed additional fellowship training in aesthetic surgery with two internationally recognized plastic surgeons. Dr. Bekanich brought this specialized skillset back to Austin, Texas.
Since 2010, she has been in private practice in Austin, specializing in minimally invasive facial rejuvenation, cosmetic breast enhancement, and body contouring. Her philosophy is to develop real relationships with patients that create tailored results with improved confidence. Dr. Bekanich has served two Clinical Teaching Appointments, volunteers with the Austin Smiles Foundation, and continues to further her experience with participation at national conferences and meetings.
Dr. Bekanich has a passion for assisting patients in their journey to help transform their lives and feel like themselves again. Her focus is to provide results that match a patient’s personality, achieve their personal aesthetic goals, and most importantly, enhance their self-confidence. She strongly feels that to be the best at what she does, it is important to be focused exclusively in cosmetic surgery, with the patient experience as top priority.
Dr. Bekanich lives in Austin, Texas with her family. She has a passion for philanthropy and volunteerism with the National Charity League. On the weekends, you will find her playing tennis, swimming, doing projects with the kids, or attending to the needs of one of her many animals.
Book OnlineAmy Bekanich, MD
Testimonials About Dr. Bekanich
- “The doctor was very attentive and really talked through the procedures with me and made me feel heard. Had great recommendations.” — Carrie S. (January 4, 2024)
- “Dr. Bekanich and her staff were amazing. Alex and Edith at check in were very helpful and Elena her medical assistant was knowledgeable and kind.” — Kaylyn B. (December 20, 2023)
- “Besides being a great plastic surgeon, Dr. Bekanich is very personable.” — Candace G. (November 9, 2023)
- “Friendliness of front desk to the back treatment rooms. I saw Amy Bekanich MD, and she was absolutely wonderful. I’m so thankful to have found her, at the Domain location. Thank you for making me feel better about myself Amy!!” — Sharon P. (November 7, 2023)
- “My first visit to Westlake Dermatology was very pleasant, I was able to get on the schedule the very next day and go through with Botox services after getting some of my concerns addressed. I selected Dr. Bekanich as I am coming for cosmetic treatments and only felt that for my very first visit these injections be conducted by an MD which she is capable of doing with her background. 🙂 Dr. Amy Bekanich and her assistant Trisha were very pleasant and addressed my concerns and I am hopeful for seeing the results for the issues I raised.” — Crystal L. (November 7, 2023)
- “Dr. Bekanich is amazing and I am so pleased with my breast augmentation!” — Teresa M. (September 10, 2023)
- “Dr. Bekanich was incredibly thorough and focused on detail. I appreciated that greatly. She also explained what to expect after treatment very well. I feel very informed and grateful. Thanks, Doc!” — Nicole M. (July 21, 2023)
- “Loved the explanation of the difference in the products. I appreciate them both listening to what I wanted. Everyone in the office was very helpful. The checkout was smooth and was encouraged to check my Alle app to see if I had any other discounts. Thank you for a great afternoon.” — Patricia P. (May 23, 2023)
- “Everyone was very friendly and informative. They really made me feel comfortable discussing a fairly personal topic.” — Stephanie W. (April 19, 2023)