Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery offers CoolSculpting at 11 Austin, Houston, and Dallas area locations and has performed over 10,000 CoolSculpting treatments, earning a spot in the “CoolSculpting Club 10,000”. We’re proud to be the only practice in Texas to have achieved this honor.
CoolSculpting® is a non-invasive procedure designed to gently and effectively reduce stubborn fat in targeted areas of the body. CoolSculpting uses a precisely controlled cooling technology to target, cool and eliminate fat cells through a gradual and natural process without causing damage to the surrounding tissue and skin. Results are noticeable and natural-looking fat reduction in the treated areas.
Before and After CoolSculpting
View CoolSculpting Photo Gallery
What is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure. There are no needles, no surgical incisions, no anesthesia, no pain medications, and no recovery time. During the procedure, a non-invasive applicator is applied to the surface of the skin to deliver precisely controlled cooling which targets and eliminates fat cells in specific areas of the body. The procedure has FDA clearance for the non-surgical reduction of fat in the the following areas:
- abdomen (belly fat)
- flanks (love handles)
- inner and outer thighs
- chin (i.e., double chin)
- bra bulge
- under buttocks (aka, “banana roll”)
As the fat cells are exposed to cooling, a process of natural cell removal occurs. The fat cells in the treated area are gradually eliminated through the body’s normal metabolic processes, similar to how fat from food is eliminated. The result is a reduction in fat bulges that is visible in most patients as early as three weeks to three months after treatment.
Westlake Dermatology is the first in Texas to offer the newest applications of CoolSculpting including:
- CoolMini is ideal for treating small areas of fat. This applicator is FDA cleared for treating submental fullness, often refereed to as a double chin.
- CoolAdvantage Petite is designed to safely and effectively treat the upper arms. CoolSculpting is the only non-surgical treatment that is FDA cleared for addressing arm fat.
- CoolAdvantage allows for shorter treatment time and greater comfort. This applicator is ideal for targeting the abdomen, flanks, and inner thighs.
- CoolAdvantage Plus is ideal for addressing larger treatment areas since it delivers colder temperatures to treat more tissue.
- CoolSmooth Pro has the ability to treat non-pinchable fat, making it ideal for treating areas like the outer thighs.
What kind of results can I expect with CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting has been clinically shown to reduce fat in the treated area. The CoolSculpting procedure can reduce the fat layer by an average of 22% with a single treatment. After the initial treatment is complete, further reductions can be obtained with additional treatment if desired. Individual reductions may be more or less, depending on the case. Your CoolSculpting provider will develop a treatment plan during your consultation or initial visit that is customized to optimize your results. This comprehensive plan may involve multiple treatments, depending on the specific areas of concern. Additional applicators are available to treat specialized areas of the body including smaller, narrow areas; inner thighs and arms; and areas with non-pinchable fat (such as the outer thighs).
What happens during the procedure?
The patient and doctor first select the area(s) to be treated. The device is positioned on the body, which then draws the bulge up between two cooling panels. As the panels go to work in the first few minutes, the patient initially feels a sensation of intense cold which soon dissipates. The patient is either seated comfortably or lying down during the duration of the procedure. Each treatment takes about an hour. Many people spend this time reading, working on their laptop, listening to music, or even taking a nap. Our Westlake, Downtown Austin, Houston, and Dallas locations have two CoolSculpting machines, allowing patients to treat two areas at once (referred to as DualSculpting), thus allowing you a much shorter treatment time for multiple areas.
When can I return to normal activities?
Since CoolSculpting is completely non-invasive, patients can resume their routine activities, including returning to work and exercise regimens, immediately. Some patients experience redness, minor bruising, tingling, or numbness in the treated area, but this is temporary.
When will I see results?
Patients typically start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after their treatment, and experience the most dramatic results after two months. The body continues to flush fat cells for up to four months after the treatment. During the CoolSculpting procedure, the treated fat cells are eliminated. As long as the patient maintains his or her weight with diet and exercise, long-term results should remain stable.
Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is ideal for men or women with pinch-able fat and have a healthy diet and lifestyle. It is ideal for those people who have a noticeable bulge or bump that has not responded to healthy diet and exercise, but do not need or want to undergo liposuction surgery.
How Much Does CoolSculpting Cost?
The price of CoolSculpting depends on the applicators used and the total number of sessions required to achieve the desired result. Since each patient has different needs and goals, the total cost of CoolSulpting can differ significantly from individual to individual. Learn more about CoolSculpting pricing
Additional CoolSculpting Resources
- Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Body Contouring – Which Method Is Best?
- Are CoolSculpting Results Permanent?
- CoolSculpting May Be Better Than Lipo For Treating These Body Areas
- Debunking 5 Common CoolSculpting Myths
- CoolSculpting Results: What to Expect
- Which Body Areas Can Be Treated With CoolSculpting?
- Coolsculpting vs TruSculpt: Which Is Better?
- Battling Bra Bulge: Treatments That Eliminate Back Fat
- Video: Learn about Freezing Your Fat with CoolSculpting
- Liposuction vs CoolSculpting: Which Removes Fat Better?
- Kybella Vs. CoolMini: Which Non-Surgical Double Chin Treatment Is Best?
- UltraShape vs. CoolSculpting vs. SmartLipo
- CoolSculpting: What to Expect
- Theory Behind CoolSculpting Explained