Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery is the #1 provider of Restylane in Texas with offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
Restylane® is a safe and natural dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds. Collagen is a protein that is found naturally in your body to give support to your skin. With time (or accelerated by sun or smoke damage), your body’s collagen weakens forming wrinkles in skin. Restylane helps to replenish the skin’s natural collagen support layer and provide additional support. The result is a smoother face.
Before and After Restylane
View Restylane Photo Gallery
How does Restylane work?
Restylane is a cosmetic dermal filler made of clear hyaluronic acid gel, a natural substance that already exists in the human body. The hyaluronic acid creates volume in the face, giving it a healthy, youthful appearance. When Restylane is injected directly into areas where the body’s collagen has been weakened, depressions can be raised to the level of surrounding skin. This smoothes and minimizes facial lines and most types of scars. In addition, skin texture is improved and has a softer and more even tone.
The Different Types of Restylane
There are multiple products within the Restylane family that are designed for different areas of the face.
- Restylane – Add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth).
- Restylane Silk – Add fullness and definition to lips with natural-looking results after just one treatment. It is also ideal to help smooth the wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly called Perlane) – Used to increase volume and smooth wrinkles in the mid-face/cheek area and nasolabial folds. Restylane Lyft was also recently the first hyaluronic acid filler to be approved by the FDA for age-related volume loss in the back of hands.
- Restylane Refyne and Defyne – Specially formulated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds (such as the nasolabial folds).
How is a Restylane procedure performed?
Restylane is injected directly into the skin in tiny amounts by an ultrafine needle, resulting in minimal discomfort. The procedure is simple and quick, and results are practically instantaneous. A dental block or numbing cream may be used before the Restylane treatment to optimize your comfort during the short procedure.
Prior to a Restylane treatment, patients should avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication or vitamin E supplements. This will minimize any bleeding or bruising.
How long will the results of a Restylane treatment last?
Restylane effects last up to 18 months with optimal treatment.
Additional Restylane Resources
- Juvederm vs. Restylane: What’s The Difference?
- How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
- How (and Why) To Avoid Fake Botox And Dermal Fillers
- Prevent Bruising After Botox and Dermal Fillers With These Tips
- Tips: 6 Ways To Make Botox & Dermal Fillers Last Longer
- Botox vs. Dermal Fillers: Which Is Better at Fighting Wrinkles?
- Dermal Filler Post Procedure Instructions
- Dermal Filler (Lips) Care Instructions
- Today’s Best Lip Enhancement Options