Laser Hair Removal
Westlake Dermatology was voted “Best Laser Hair Removal in Austin” by the readers of Austin Monthly Magazine.
Laser hair removal is a safe alternative to remove unwanted facial or body hair while eliminating razor burn and the “shadow” effect caused by shaving.
How does laser hair removal work?
Infrared light targets the pigment in the hair follicles and converts it into heat, which causes follicular destruction. Hair grows in three cycles. Follicular destruction takes place during the anagen phase, where it causes the most impact. We use the LightSheer® laser hair removal system, considered the “gold standard” of the trade. The computer-guided system gently disables hundreds of hair follicles in less than one second.
From what areas of the body can hair be removed?
Laser hair removal can be performed on all parts of the body including the cheeks, lip, legs, arms, underarms, and back, as well as sensitive areas like the bikini line, ears, nose, chest, and nipples.
How many laser hair removal treatments are necessary?
Laser hair removal systems can only treat active hair follicles. For optimal results, we recommend 6 treatments varying between six and ten weeks apart.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
The price of laser hair removal is primarily determined by the size of the treatment area, with smaller areas like the bikini area being less expensive than larger areas like the back or legs. See average pricing in Austin
Additional Laser Hair Removal Information
- Strawberry Legs Treatment And Prevention Options
- Laser Hair Removal vs. Waxing: Which Is Best?
- Shave Smarter: Tips For Preventing Razor Bumps
- Tips: What To Do Before And After Laser Hair Removal
- Electrolysis Vs. Laser Hair Removal
- Shave, Wax, or Tweeze – Which Hair Removal Technique Is Best?
- Shave Smarter: 9 Tips for Reducing Burn and Irritation
- Laser Hair Removal FAQ’s
- Laser Hair Removal: What to Expect