August Special: Save $1,000 on breast augmentation surgery. Contact us today for more details!
Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of breast augmentation in Austin. Thousands of breast augmentation procedures have been performed by our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in our accredited surgical facilities.
Breast enhancement surgery continues as the second most popular plastic surgery performed. Breast augmentation enhances the size and shape of the breasts through the placement of implants.
Before and After Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation before and after photos from recent Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery patients.
What breast implant options are available?
Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery performs breast enhancement procedures using the latest silicone, saline, and cohesive gel (‘gummy bear’) breast implants available on the market. Each option is FDA approved and composed of bio-compatible material.
- Saline Implants: Saline implants are filled with sterile saline, a natural mixture of salt and water. Breast augmentation procedures that use saline implants require smaller incisions as the implant is filled after being placed within the body.
- Silicone Implants: Composed of a thick silicone gel that feels similar to human fat, silicone implants have a very natural look and feel. Silicone implants are currently the most popular type of implant used in our practice.
- Cohesive Gel (‘Gummy Bear’) Implants: The newest generation of breast implant, cohesive gel implants are filled with a solid silicone that has a similar feel and consistency as gummy bear candy. Gummy bear implants produce a very natural looking outcome as the implant is tear-drop shaped (anatomic).
Breast implants are offered in varying sizes, shell texture, and shapes to accommodate different body types and volumetric increases. Your body type, chest size, density of breast tissue, and desired outcome will help determine the implant size and shape.
Implants can be placed either above the muscle or below the muscle. The incision for placement can be made around the nipple, in the armpit, or in the crease of the breast. There are pros and cons to each location. Prior to surgery, you will consult with Dr. Craven or Dr. Chike-Obi to discuss your options and concerns regarding the procedure.
How long does the procedure take?
Breast augmentation surgery typically takes about one hour and is performed under either general anesthesia or twilight anesthesia.
Who is a good candidate for breast augmentation?
Women who want to improve the size, shape, symmetry or proportion of their breasts are good candidates for the procedure. Breast augmentation can also be used to correct minimal sag.
How quick is the recovery time?
Most patients are able to return to light activities within a week. It may take six to eight weeks for breast implants to settle into their final position.
Our Board Certified Plastic Surgeons
- Chuma Chike-Obi, MD (Four Seasons)
- Cameron Craven, MD FACS (Westlake)
- Timothy McGee, MD (Round Rock)
Where are the surgeries performed?
Breast augmentation surgeries are performed on-site at our Westlake and Four Seasons locations in Austin, Texas.
Our Westlake facility has earned a “Gold Seal Approval” outpatimaent surgery center accreditation by the Joint Commission. Joint Commission accreditation is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
Our Four Seasons facility has been certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. after an extensive quality assurance and patient safety accreditation process to ensure 100% compliance of safety standards.
We also offer pre- and post-op appointments at our Round Rock and Lakeway clinics for surgeries performed off-site in the Round Rock/Cedar Park area.
Other Surgical Breast Procedures
- Breast Lift: Reverses sagging by surgically lifting and firming the breasts in order to create a more youthful and uplifted silhouette.
- Breast Reduction: Instantly reduces breast size to eliminate the negative physical and emotional issues associated with overly large breasts.
- Breast Reconstruction: Restores the appearance and look of the breasts after a mastectomy, lumpectomy, or a traumatic injury.
- Breast Implant Revision: The removal or replacement of breast implants to alter the size and type of a patient’s breast implant or to correct undesired results or complications from a primary breast augmentation procedure. Most patients seeking implant revision come to us with a goal of restoring the appearance and contours of their breasts. View breast implant revision photos.
- Male Breast Reduction: Corrects gynecomastia (the over -development of the male breast) to make a more proportional and masculine appearing chest.
Interesting facts about breast enhancement surgeries
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery published the following findings in a report “Breasts: From A to D – An Evolution of Breast Size, Enhancement and Attitude”.
- 31% of breast implants used now for augmentation surgeries are saline and 69% are silicone.
- The number of breast augmentation surgeries performed in the U.S. increased 213% from 1997 to 2011, from 101, 176 to 316,848.
- The average woman who undergoes a breast enlargement is in her mid-30’s, is married or in a long-term relationship, and has received some college education.
- Top reasons that women choose to have a breast augmentation:
- 91% – to look better naked
- 84% – to look better in clothes
- 84% – they want larger breasts
- 81% – to feel better about herself
- 79% – to feel more confident
- 74% – to feel less self-conscious
- Since 1997, the average breast size has increased from a 34B to a 36C.
- The average breast implant size is a C cup.
- 92% of women who had the procedure would recommend it to their friends.
Additional Breast Augmentation Resources
- Breast Implant Profiles: Low Profile vs. Moderate Profile vs. High Profile
- How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
- Teardrop (Shaped) vs Round Breast Implants: What’s the Difference?
- Breast Augmentation Using The Keller Funnel
- 9 Common Myths About Breast Augmentation Debunked!
- Breast Augmentation Recovery: Tips + What To Expect
- 5 S’s Of Breast Augmentation – Scar Location Options
- 5 S’s of Breast Augmentation – Implant Size
- 5 S’s of Breast Augmentation – Substance (Silicone vs Saline vs Fat)
- What’s New In Breast Implant Technology?
- Case Studies: Breast Implant Revision Procedures
- Breast Implant Placement: Over vs. Under the Muscle
- New Study Determines The “Perfect Breasts”
- How to Choose the Right Breast Implant Size
- How Natural Will My Breast Implants Feel?
- Breast Implants Compared: Saline vs. Silicone vs. Gummy Bear
- Do I Need A Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation Procedure?
- Gummy Bear Implants: Are They Right For You?
- The Truth About Breast Implants and Breast Cancer Screening