In recent years, laser skin treatments have rapidly increased as a procedure option for patients. Technology improvements have allowed for better results and broader indications for use. Aesthetic laser treatments generally fall into the categories of skin tightening, skin resurfacing, body contouring and smoothing, and tattoo or hair removal.
Laser Skin Tightening
Skin tightening lasers effectively reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
The non-invasive laser uses ultrasound or radiofrequency to heat the collagen underneath the skin’s surface in order to tighten the skin, with natural looking results. By heating the tissue to lift and tighten the underlying foundation, this strengthens the skin and stimulates the growth of new collagen.
Results are visible immediately but improve over time, offering a great option for those with minor to moderate skin laxity, as opposed to more invasive procedures. Laser and ultrasound skin tightening can be done on many areas of the body including the face, neck, arms, abdomen, legs and buttocks.
Skin resurfacing laser procedures can improve the appearance of aging or sun damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks or uneven pigmentation.
Resurfacing laser therapy targets very small sites on the skin, promoting the growth of healthy tissue and altering the appearance of the skin. Ablative resurfacing therapy provides dramatic results to both the surface of the skin, as well as deep in the dermis. This removes old skin cells damaged by wrinkles or brown spots, replacing them with fresh, healthy skin.
Skin resurfacing treatments can also help prevent the visible signs of aging, and get ahead of the dulling effects of time by providing a renewed texture and radiant glow to the skin. For longer-term results that can last many years, other treatments build new collagen formations over time, to continue smoothing the skin.
Contouring and Smoothing
Lasers and other new technologies can provide treatment options for patients preferring for a non-invasive treatment with no needles, no surgical incisions, no anesthesia, no pain medications, and no recovery time. CoolSculpting and Avéli are treatment options that fall in this category. CoolSculpting is a non-surgical treatment to reduce unwanted fat, while Avéli is a laser that provides long-lasting cellulite results.
Other Laser Uses
Lasers are often turned to for other more specific types of indications, including:
- Laser Tattoo Removal: PiQo4 uses ultra-short pulses of energy to target even dark, complex tattoos with significant removal.
- Laser Hair Removal: For removal of unwanted hair, infrared light targets the hair follicles to destroy them. It can disable hundreds of follicles in less than a second, effectively removing hair on the cheeks, lip, legs, arms and other areas of the body.
- Scar Removal: We offer today’s most effective laser scar removal treatments including the new SCAAR FX laser.
- Leg Vein Treatment: We offer a range of laser vein treatments that addresses visible vessels, broken capillaries, spider veins and skin discoloration.
- Excessive Sweating: The MiraDry laser treatment eliminates sweat glands in the axillary (underarm). It provides treatment results that are dramatic and lasting for patients suffering from primary axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating).
Additional Resources on Laser Treatments
- How To Care For Skin After Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Recovering from Laser Skin Resurfacing: Tips + What to Expect
- Ablative Lasers vs. Non-Ablative Lasers: Which Is Best?
- How Long Will Laser Skin Resurfacing Results Last?
- Understanding Cosmetic Laser Treatment Safety Laws
- Rejuvenate Your Skin With Laser Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Treatments Compared – What Works Best?