Special Offer: Liposuction (non-laser) starting at $1,095 per area (BMI and minimum areas may apply).* Contact us for details.
Choose Westlake Dermatology:
- National leader in liposuction.
- One of a kind facility.
- The most advanced technology, SmartLipo Triplex.
- Procedures performed by a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
What is liposuction?
Liposuction surgery (also known as lipoplasty or fat removal surgery) involves the removal of fat cells from the body. It is designed for those who have specific areas of localized fat deposits and who have tried unsuccessfully to eliminate them through diet, exercise and weight loss. Through liposuction a physician can remove fat in many different areas of the body including the stomach, buttocks, thighs, arms, and neck.
Before and After Liposuction
View Liposuction Photo Gallery
What is tumescent liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction is an advanced liposuction procedure that utilizes extremely small micro-instruments, tumescent liposuction is a safe, simple procedure that gently reshapes your body. Tumescent liposuction removes excess fat from stubborn areas more effectively than traditional liposuction methods.
SmartLipo on KEYE News
How is liposuction performed?
A large amount of diluted local anesthetic is first injected into the area. No general anesthesia is needed. Next, a small suction tube, called a cannula, is inserted through a tiny incision placed in an inconspicuous location on the skin. With a high pressure vacuum, fat cells are extracted through the tube, resulting in a re-sculpting of bulging areas into more attractive contours.
How does tumescent liposuction vary from traditional liposuction or SmartLipo?
Tumescent liposuction utilizes a much smaller cannula than traditional liposuction. The smaller cannula allows for much more precise sculpting than traditional liposuction. In addition, the procedure is substantially less invasive, minimizing bruising, and allowing for quicker recovery times and significantly less discomfort. Due to the small size of the cannula, the fibrous connections between your skin and body remain intact. These connections contract over time, eliminating excessive skin folds.
SmartLipo is a laser that is used in conjunction with the tumescent liposuction procedure to melt the fat for easier extraction, resulting in less bleeding, swelling, and bruising. The SmartLipo laser also tightens the skin in the treated area for a smoother result.
What areas can be treated with tumescent liposuction?
While liposuction is not designed to correct general obesity, any area where excess fat deposits have accumulated can be treated. These include the waistline, abdomen, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, arms, chin, neck, jowls, and cheeks.
How quick is the recovery time after the liposuction procedure?
After the procedure, a compression bandage is worn by the patient for several days. Most patients are able to return to normal activities within a few days. Learn more about liposuction recovery
How Much Does Liposuction Cost?
The total cost of a liposuction procedure depends upon many factors including the Body Mass Index of the patient, the number of areas to be treated, and the overall difficult of the procedure. Learn more about liposuction prices
Additional Liposuction Resources
- How Much Fat Does Liposuction Remove?
- Here’s Why Liposuction is a Fat Loss (Not Weight Loss) Treatment
- Can Liposuction Get Rid Of Cellulite?
- Surgical vs. Non-Surgical Body Contouring – Which Method Is Best?
- CoolSculpting May Be Better Than Lipo For Treating These Body Areas
- Myth Busters: Debunking Common Liposuction Myths
- Here’s What Determines How Much Your Liposuction Procedure Will Cost
- Battling Bra Bulge: Treatments That Eliminate Back Fat
- Liposuction vs CoolSculpting: Which Removes Fat Better?
- Maintaining Your Liposuction Results: What to Do After Lipo
- Arm Lift Vs. Liposuction: Which Procedure Is Best?
- Liposuction Recovery: Tips + What To Expect
- Smartlipo vs. Liposuction: What’s the difference?
- How To Get Rid Your Double Chin: Kybella vs. Liposuction vs.Neck Lift
- The Most Popular Body Areas for Liposuction
- Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck Surgery
- The Evolution of Liposuction Surgery
- What Do The Olympics and Liposuction Have In Common?
* minimum number of areas and BMI restrictions may apply.