May Special Event: Save $100 on Juvederm. Contact us today to learn more.
Westlake Dermatology is the #1 provider of Juvederm in Texas with offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
Juvederm® Injectable Gel is the “next generation” of dermal fillers. Created by Allergan – the manufacturer of Botox®, Juvederm provides a smooth, long-lasting correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Dermal fillers are used to restore volume and fullness to the skin, giving a healthy, youthful appearance. Juvederm is offered at all 16 of our Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio locations.
The FDA has recently approved Juvederm Ultra XC for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation with results lasting up to one year.
Before and After Juvederm
View Juvederm Photo Gallery
How does Juvederm work?
Juvederm contains the highest concentration of non-animal, cross-linked hyaluronic acid of any dermal filler currently available. It is currently the only approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has demonstrated its safety and effectiveness in patients of color.
Juvederm is developed using the proprietary Hylacross technology, a technologically advanced manufacturing process that results in a malleable, smooth gel that flows easily into the skin and creates a smooth, natural look and feel. All other currently approved hyaluronic acid dermal fillers utilize a gel particle suspension formulation. These gel particles can be seen under magnification as opposed to the smooth formulation used in Juvederm.
Juvederm is available in two formulations to allow for a tailored treatment to your unique needs. Juvederm Ultra provides versatility in contouring and volumizing facial wrinkles and folds. Juvederm Ultra Plus is a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper folds and wrinkles.
Different Types of Juvederm
There are multiple products within the Juvederm family that are designed for different uses:
- Juvederm Ultra: The original Juvederm formula, Ultra is ideal for treating moderate lines and wrinkles, provides limited contouring and scar correction, and moderate lip enhancement. Results typically can last up to 9 months.
- Juvederm Voluma: The first and only hyaluronic acid (HA) based dermal filler approved by the FDA to instantly increase the volume of the cheeks. Results last up to 2 years with fill correction.
- Juvederm Volbella: A hyaluronic acid gel-based filler that uses patented Vycross technology to smooth lip lines and other fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Results last up to 12 months after treatment.
- Juvederm Vollure: Juvederm’s newest filler designed to correct the most severe folds and wrinkles including the nasolabial folds. Results of Vollure can last up to 18 months.
How is a Juvederm treatment performed?
Juvederm is administered in a smooth-flowing injection, allowing your provider a high level of control for individualized, tailored facial contouring and for achieving a smooth, natural look. The procedure is simple and quick, and the results are practically instantaneous. Numbing cream may be used before the treatment to optimize your comfort during the short procedure. We also offer the option of Juvederm XC, which is formulated with Lidocaine for a more comfortable experience.
How long does Juvederm last?
Juvederm typically provides optimal results with a single treatment. Juvederm is the only hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA approved to last up to one year.
What areas can be treated with Juvederm?
As you age, the lines that form around your nose and mouth become more noticeable. Juvederm is most commonly used to correct these different types of facial lines, including “parentheses lines” (nasolabial folds), smile lines, vertical lip lines, and marionette lines (lines formed near the chin). It can also help to define the lip border and give the appearance of a fuller lip.
Become a member of the Allē® Program and receive special offers and exclusive invitations. Add membership to the Brilliant Distinctions® Points Program where you can earn points on Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm treatments.
Additional Juvederm Resources
- Juvederm vs. Sculptra: What’s The Difference?
- Juvederm vs. Restylane: What’s The Difference?
- How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
- How (and Why) To Avoid Fake Botox And Dermal Fillers
- Prevent Bruising After Botox and Dermal Fillers With These Tips
- Botox vs. Juvederm: What’s The Difference?
- Tips: 6 Ways To Make Botox & Dermal Fillers Last Longer
- Botox vs. Dermal Fillers: Which Is Better at Fighting Wrinkles?
- Juvederm vs. Radiesse: What’s The Difference?
- How Much Does Juvederm Cost?
- Dermal Filler Post Procedure Instructions
- Dermal Filler (Lips) Care Instructions
- Today’s Best Lip Enhancement Options
- 5 Tips for First-Time Injectable Patients
- Study Confirms Safety of Botox and Dermal Fillers