Austin Breast Lift Specialists
Breast lift surgery, also called mastopexy, is a procedure to lift the breasts. A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity may result from weight fluctuations, pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging, or heredity. A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is youthful and uplifted.
Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery in Austin has earned a “Gold Seal Approval” outpatient surgery center accreditation by the Joint Commission at our Westlake location and a certification by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. at our Four Seasons location. All mastopexy surgeries are performed on-site at our Westlake or Four Seasons locations.
Before and After Breast Lift
Before and after breast lift surgery photos from recent Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery patients.
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Sometimes the areola becomes enlarged over time, and a breast lift can reduce this as well. Breast lift surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast. If you want your breasts to look fuller or smaller, you might want to consider either breast augmentation or breast reduction surgery. This can be accomplished at the same surgery and through the same incisions.
Is a breast lift right for me?
A breast lift procedure is a highly individualized treatment for your specific circumstances and goals. Prior to surgery, you will consult with Dr. Cameron Craven in Austin to discuss your options and concerns regarding the procedure.
You are physically a good candidate for the procedure if:
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
Who is a good candidate for breast lift surgery?
Women who want to improve the size, shape, symmetry or proportion of their breasts are good candidates for the procedure. Breast augmentation can also be used to correct minimal sag.
How quick is the recovery time?
Most patients are able to return to light activities within a week. It may take six to eight weeks for the implants to settle into their final position.
How Much Does Breast Lift Surgery Cost?
The cost of a breast lift can vary greatly from patient to patient based on the type of lift performed and/or whether or not an implant is utilized. Learn more about the cost of breast lift surgery
Additional Breast Lift Resources
- Do I need A Breast Lift Or Breast Reduction Procedure?
- Sagging Correction: The Different Types Of Surgical Lift Procedures
- The Different Types of Breast Lift Techniques
- New Study Determines The “Perfect Breasts”
- How Natural Will My Breast Implants Feel?
- What Breast Lift Surgery Will (And Will Not) Accomplish
- Do I Need A Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation Procedure?