Houston Breast Lift (Mastopexy)
Westlake Dermatology now offers breast lift procedures in Houston at our River Oaks and West University locations. Our plastic surgery team is dedicated to helping Houstonians look and feel their very best.
A breast lift procedure, also called Mastopexy, can restore the breasts to a more youthful shape, counteracting changes to the breasts that commonly occur due to pregnancy, weight fluctuations, and normal aging.
What Is a Breast Lift?
Breast lift is a plastic surgery procedure that raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Breast lift procedures can also reduce the size of areola’s that become overly enlarged.
It’s important for patients to know that a breast lift procedure will not increase the size of the breasts or alter the upper part of the breast. A breast augmentation procedure is required to achieve those results. Breast lift and breast augmentation can often be performed simultaneously using the same incisions.
Am I a Good Candidate?
Women who are in good health and with one or more of the following issues can benefit from a breast lift:
- The breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, the nipples fall below the breast crease
- The nipples and areolas point downward
- The breasts have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- The breasts are uneven, with one lower than the other
How Is a Breast Lift Performed?
Breast lift surgery can be performed using general anesthesia or intravenous sedition. The procedure begins with the surgeon making a series of incisions, typically around the areola, extending downward from the areola to the breast crease, or extending horizontally across the breast crease. These incisions allow the surgeon to remove excess skin and tissue and reshape the breasts, lifting them to the desired position. The procedure concludes with suturing the incisions. The procedure typically takes about 2-3 hours and patients are able to return home the same day following the surgery.
What Is Recovery Like
Patients may experience mild to moderate pain for several days following their procedure. Any discomfort during recovery can be treated with prescription pain medication. Most patients will be cleared to return to work, school, and other non-physical daily activities within 7 days of their procedure. Normal activity can typically resume within 2 weeks, while more physical activity (excluding chest exercises) can resume in 4 weeks. The 6-week point usually marks the completion of the recovery process as most bruising and swelling of the breasts has resolved. Any numbness or tingling sensation of the nipples also typically resolves 6 weeks after surgery.
About Westlake Dermatology Houston
Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of breast lift procedures in Texas. Our Houston surgical team is dedicated to providing caring and compassionate service to our patients.
Our Houston Locations
Houston, Texas 77027
Houston, Texas 77005
Meet Our Houston Plastic Surgeon
- Cameron Erickson, MD: Dr. Erickson is an experienced plastic surgeon who believes in a patient focused approach with an emphasis on obtaining a true connection with his patients. He served as Chief Resident at UT Southwestern in Dallas, the #1 plastic surgery training program in the country.
- Kristy Hamilton, MD, FACS: Dr. Kristy Hamilton is a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. As a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Hamilton loves about helping Houstonians look and feel their very best.
Request A Breast Lift Consultation in Houston
Additional Breast Lift Resources
- Exercising After Breast Lift Surgery – Tips + What To Expect
- Breast Asymmetry Causes and Treatment Options
- Tips: Best Breast Lift Surgery Recovery Bras
- 3 Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures to Enhance the Nipples
- Breast Lift Recovery: Tips + What To Expect
- Do I need A Breast Lift Or Breast Reduction Procedure?
- Sagging Correction: The Different Types Of Surgical Lift Procedures
- Video: Breast Lift Surgery Basics
- The Different Types of Breast Lift Techniques
- New Study Determines The “Perfect Breasts”
- How Natural Will My Breast Implants Feel?
- What Breast Lift Surgery Will (And Will Not) Accomplish
- Do I Need A Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation Procedure?