April Special: Botox for $12 per unit (with select providers only, see Specials for details).
Westlake Dermatology is the #1 provider of Botox in Texas with offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a simple, non-surgical procedure that smooths the deep, persistent lines and wrinkles that develop over time. We offer Botox treatments at all of our Austin, Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio area locations including Alamo Heights, Cedar Park, Downtown Austin, Lakeway, Lamar Central, University Park, Marble Falls, North Austin, Round Rock, South Austin, University Place, and Westlake.
The board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons of Westlake Dermatology are national leaders in Botox and other injectable treatments, many of which are sought out by the beauty industry and their medical peers as key opinion leaders and trainers. They are seen by actors, models, and other physicians for their artistry and attention to detail. Emphasis is placed on a natural aesthetic, while restoring harmony and beauty to the patient.
Before and After Botox
View Botox Photo Gallery
How does Botox work?
Botox is a neuromodulator that utilizes a natural, purified protein administered at very low doses to reduce the contractions of the muscles that cause the persistent frown lines that develop over time. While results are significant, it will not radically change your facial appearance. The muscles are simply relaxed, so you can still frown, smile, or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases. Injecting Botox into targeted facial muscles can minimize even the most stubborn of wrinkles, leaving the skin looking smoother and more youthful.
What areas can Botox address?
Botox Cosmetic can correct a number of common aging symptoms including:
- Forehead lines
- Glabella (frown lines)
- Lateral Orbital lines (crow’s feet)
- Bunny lines (beside the nose)
- Perioral lines (smoker’s lines)
- Smile lines (around the mouth)
- Marionette lines
- Jowl reduction
- Gummy smiles
- Dimpled chins
- Drooping eyebrows
- Vertical platysma bands of the neck
- Facial asymmetry
Botox can also be used as a way to prevent new wrinkles from developing or limit current wrinkles from becoming more severe.
What should I expect at my Botox treatment?
Botox procedures are fast, simple, and minimally invasive. No anesthesia or downtime is required. The treatment starts with an in-office consultation where our expert injectors assess patient need and develop a tailored treatment plan to provide the patient’s desired end results. Botox is then injected into targeted facial muscles using an ultra-fine needle directly into the area being treated.
How long does a Botox treatment take?
While treatment time can vary, the typical Botox treatment takes around 15 to 20 minutes from start to finish.
Is downtime required?
No. Recovery time is not required since Botox treatments are non-surgical and do not require anesthesia. Patients are able to return to work or normal daily activities directly after treatment.
Is Botox painful?
Most of our patients cite a ‘quick prick’ sensation like a rubber band snap, which is usually rated as a “1 or 2” on a 1-10 pain scale. As soon as the treatment is finished patients feel no further discomfort.
Am I a good candidate?
Botox is ideal for men and women of any age who seek to eliminate facial lines and wrinkles.
How soon will I see results?
The effects of Botox Cosmetic start to appear within a few days and continue to improve until their full affect is achieved within 7-14 days of treatment.
How long does Botox last?
While result duration may vary, Botox results typically last anywhere from 3 to 6 months from treatment. The effects gradually fade over this time and you may begin to notice movement of the forehead or treatment area.
Will I need multiple treatments?
Over time the body will naturally metabolize the Botox and the face will return to its pre-treatment state. Patients are able to maintain their results by undergoing periodic maintenance treatments. Maintenance sessions are performed at regular intervals, typically 3-4 times per year.
Will I still look natural?
Botox will not change facial features or alter one’s look; it simply eliminates lines and wrinkles. Patients should discuss the outcome they prefer with their injector – whether they prefer a more frozen outcome or more natural. Patients with a more natural approach are able to make all forms of facial expressions (minus the wrinkles) after treatment. There is little to no risk of being “overdone” if you choose to get Botox from an experienced, qualified injector.
How will I feel after a Botox treatment?
Patients may experience a temporary feeling of swelling or heaviness in treatment area. Side effects are minimal and are short lived, and typically resolve on their own within a few days. Some patients may experience a mild headache or temporary bruising, swelling, redness, or bleeding may occur at injection sites. Most patients experience no side effects and are able to return to daily activities that day.
How is a Botox treatment priced?
Botox treatments are priced according to the number of units used during the procedure. The amount of Botox each patient will need differs based on the number of facial areas treated and the strength of each targeted facial muscle.
Join the Allē® program to receive special offers and earn points on Botox Cosmetic and Juvederm treatments.
Additional Botox Resources
- Here’s What NOT to Do After Botox or Filler Injections
- Exercising After Botox: What You Should Know
- Fillers & Botox: 8 Tips to Avoid Looking Overdone
- Common And Uncommon Side Effects Of Botox
- What Areas Can Be Treated With Botox
- Botox To Correct A Gummy Smile
- Ask A Dermatologist: Can Botox Prevent Wrinkles?
- Botox Lip Flip: Lip Enhancement Via Botox
- Off-Label Uses of Botox
- How Long Does Botox Last?
- Botox FAQs: Answers To Common Questions For First-Time Botox Patients
- How (and Why) To Avoid Fake Botox And Dermal Fillers
- Botox vs. Xeomin: What’s The Difference?
- Prevent Bruising After Botox and Dermal Fillers With These Tips
- Botox vs. Juvederm: What’s The Difference?
- Botox And Dermal Fillers: Recovery Tips + What To Expect
- Tips: 6 Ways To Make Botox & Dermal Fillers Last Longer
- Botox vs. Dermal Fillers: Which Is Better at Fighting Wrinkles?
- Botox vs. Dysport: What’s The Difference?
- Botox Post-Procedure Care Instructions
- Botox: A New Way to Treat Rosacea Symptoms?
- BOTOX – A Plastic Surgeon’s Perspective
- 5 Tips for First-Time Injectable Patients
- Study Confirms Safety of Botox and Dermal Fillers
- 7 Botox Myths Dispelled
- How Much Botox Do I Need?
- Preventing the Overuse of Dermal Fillers
- Botox Uses: Indicated Uses & Off-Label Uses