Medical Records Information
A patient or his/her legal representative may inspect and/or obtain a copy of their medical records, or have copies of medical records sent to another facility. Westlake Dermatology requires a completed and signed Medical Records Authorization form before releasing any documents to anyone, including the patient. If you have any questions regarding a medical records request, please call 512-615-3184.
Viewing Records on Patient Portal:
Established patients have the option to view their personal health record through their secure Patient Portal. For more information regarding the Patient Portal or to obtain log-in information, please click here.
Requesting Your Westlake Dermatology Records:
In order to request a copy of your medical records please complete the following steps. Records will be released according to the delivery method notated on the form. If you prefer to pick up your records in person, please call 512-615-3184 in advance to eliminate a long wait time.
- Print and complete the Authorization for Release and Disclosure of PHI Form.
- The authorization form must be dated and signed.
- Please specify what components of your medical records you wish to release.
- Release of information charges:
- No charge for patient requests
- $15 processing fee for affidavit preparation
- $25 processing fee for third party requests
- Return completed form to the office either via:
- Fax to 512-615-3184
- Mail to 8825 Bee Caves Road Austin, TX 78746 (Attn: Medical Records Department)
- Send electronically via link below:
Requesting Outside Records to be Sent to Westlake Dermatology:
If you are a new patient establishing care at Westlake Dermatology and will need your medical records transferred from another doctor, please complete the Authorization for Release and Disclosure of PHI to Westlake Dermatology Form.
Granting Access to Your Medical Record:
If you would like to grant access to your Westlake Dermatology medical record to your spouse or any other individual(s) for purposes other than treatment, payment, or healthcare operations, please complete the Authorization for Release and Disclosure of PHI to Spouse or Other Individual Form.
Physician Offices Requesting Pathology Slides:
Physician offices requesting pathology slides should contact our pathology lab at 512-617-9197 for more information.