Cameron Craven, MD, FACS
Dr. Cameron Craven is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He completed a 6 year integrated residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Baylor is recognized as one of the top 15 medical schools in the United States. Affiliated hospitals where he received his training include The Methodist Hospital, St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital, Hermann Hospital, Ben Taub General Hospital, Texas Orthopedic Hospital, Shriner’s Burn Hospital, the nations largest Veteran’s Administration Hospital, MD Anderson Cancer Center (the nation’s leading cancer center), and Texas Children’s Hospital (the nation’s largest children’s hospital). During his training, he gained extensive experience in all aspects of plastic surgery including cosmetic surgery, hand and microvascular surgery, reconstructive surgery, burns, trauma, and surgery for congenital abnormalities.
Dr. Craven grew up in the Austin area and attended the University of Texas at Austin. He graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology in only 3 years and received the College of Natural Sciences Distinguished Graduate Award. He was also inducted into the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor society while at UT. Dr. Craven went on to complete his medical training at the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, one of the oldest medical schools in the country, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He finished in the top 4 of his class and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society.
Dr. Craven has received numerous awards and honors for academic achievement and has given presentations at local and national meetings regarding his research projects and scientific publications. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Travis County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association and the Michael E. DeBakey International Surgical Society.
Dr. Craven serves as an investigator for the Mentor Post-Approval Study for Silicone Gel Breast Implants. Dr. Craven specializes in the full spectrum of cosmetic surgery including breast augmentation, liposuction and body contouring, facial rejuvenation, laser surgery, eyelid surgery, and rhinoplasty, as well as reconstructive surgery for skin cancers.
Dr. Craven and the staff at Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery pride themselves on providing safe, state of the art care for their patients in a comfortable and caring environment. Dr. Craven sees patients at our Westlake location.
Learn more about Dr. Craven: WD Spotlight: Cameron Craven, MD, FACS
Honors & Recognition
- Selected as one of the “Texas Super Doctors Rising Stars” in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and “Texas Super Doctor” in 2016 in Texas Monthly magazine in the category of Cosmetic/Reconstructive Surgery.
- Nominated for “Best of 2012 – Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons” in the December issue of Plastic Surgery Practice. Plastic Surgery Practice compiles the annual profile of some of the industry’s top plastic and cosmetic surgeons in the country.
Patient Testimonials About Dr. Craven
- “Dr. Craven has always been very attentive and takes the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions in a clear and concise manner. My interactions with the nurses have also been great. My overall experience has been awesome. Thank you all!” — Nora M. (May 17, 2017)
- “All of my issues were clearly addressed and covered. Recommendations for my special situation were made.” — Laura G. (April 18, 2017)
- “Very satisfied with the service and the doctor.” — Cindy S. (April 11, 2017)
- “Love my Dr. and Ms. Craven and all entire Westlake Dermatology staff!” — Juany T. (April 1, 2017)
- “David and I want to sincerely thank all of you for making my ‘dreaded ordeal’ into a positive experience. I at all times felt cared for by a very professional, kind and understanding doctor and staff. When I went to the OR, I felt safe as the CRNA administered anesthesia. The OR team was great! And the recovery room nurse knew just what to do to get my blood pressure down; also very competent! Thank you to all for my positive experience; you are a fine group of people! And my special thanks to you, Dr. Craven.” — Judy S. (March 30, 2017)
- “I recommend Dr. Craven and Westlake Dermatology to many. It’s the only place I totally trust with my skin. Everyone is knowledgeable, professional, and you can expect great results.” — Stephanie C. (March 4, 2017)
- “Dr. Craven and Nicole are absolutely fabulous.” — Amy W. (March 2, 2017)
- “Very professional and very clear with description of options, surgical risk, what to expect, post op expectations and care instructions, if needed post op emergency instructions, and normal recovery expectation and care. Very pleased with procedure and results.” — Roger B. (January 6, 2017)
- “Staff is friendly and professional. They answered all my questions and returned my phone calls. They put me at ease. Dr. Craven is very professional and explains everything to the T. I am amazed by my results.” — Monica R. (December 13, 2016)
- “I had a wonderful pre-op with Dr. Craven and his nurse. I look forward to having surgery and feel confident that I am in good hands. Thank you, Westlake Dermatology.” — Jennifer H. (December 13, 2016)
- “Wonderfully positive experience with staff and doctor! No suggestions for improvement.” — Judy S. (December 1, 2016)
- “Everyone puts out extra efforts to make you feel confident and ease any nervousness.” — Terri C. (November 18, 2016)
- “Everyone was friendly, helpful and very courteous.” — Tommy L. (October 19, 2016)
- “I just love Nicole and Dr. Craven and everyone at WD!” — Lizzi W. (October 7, 2016)
- “I know Dr. Craven is incredibly busy. Despite this, he still has the unique ability to make my nonstop, rapid fire questions feel welcomed. I truly appreciate this.” — Amy W. (October 1, 2016)
- “My wife and I see Dr. Craven on a regular basis and we trust him and believe he is awesome. He also performed a face lift on my wife which turned out awesome. In our opinion he is awesome!” — Tommy S. (September 25, 2016)
- “Love this office. Everybody is very nice and very professional! Thank you!” — Janice C. (September 13, 2016)
- “Continue to do what you are doing. I am very pleased with my visit/consultation. Thanks.” — Chely P. (September 2, 2016)
- “There are no words to express my appreciation for the amazing, brilliant and kind Dr. Craven, your very polite and professional staff, and the unbelievable experience I have had with Westlake Dermatology.” — Mimi B. (July 30, 2016)
- “1st class service!” — Cindy S. (July 14, 2016)
- “Great office, the people are amazing and even more – the procedures are always top notch.” — Bon B. (May 19, 2016)
- “The staff is always friendly and helpful. They take the necessary time to ensure you understand all the procedures and paperwork. Dr. Craven is personable and makes you feel comfortable and you never feel rushed.” — Laurie H. (April 22, 2016)
- “Everyone there is awesome!!!” — Carrie D. (March 11, 2016)
- “I had a wonderful experience. Dr. Craven was amazing and the nurse that stayed late for me went beyond the call of duty. Kim was also really great. I will highly recommend you guys.” — Michelle C. (February 24, 2016)
- “Everyone was friendly and it was a pleasure to be a patient there.” — Joyce M. (February 11, 2016)
- “I have appreciated the ongoing relationship with Dr. Craven. He excels in his profession, and works with me to achieve the best results possible. I couldn’t be happier.” — Sara R. (January 30, 2016)
- “I was very happy with everyone and also with my results!” — Sylvia F. (January 12, 2016)
- “Dr. Craven and his staff are as nice of people as you’ll ever meet and very professional as well.” — Phil M. (December 4, 2015)
- “Love Dr. Craven!!! He is truly an expert in his field!” — Leslie V. (November 26, 2015)
- “I love the medical staff including Dr. Craven! They always make me feel welcome and they always are very helpful. I’ve had two surgeries and the performance of the surgery was wonderful.” — Alicia R. (November 6, 2015)
- “Love Dr. Craven!” — Amanda I. (November 5, 2015)
- “Dr. Craven knows my face better than I do, and has been tremendous! He has exceeded my expectations, as do the results!” — Sara R. (September 17, 2015)
- “I was really happy that they provided me an interpreter for my first time visit with them. Thank you! I had a wonderful experience for my first time visit. Dr. Craven took his time to listen and answer my questions. The staff were so friendly and made me feel so comfortable.” — Kristine W. (September 1, 2015)
- “Dr. Craven and his staff (Alison, Carissa and Kim) are very personable and seem to genuinely care, because they do. Dr. Craven always takes time time to answer my questions and address any concerns I might have. I wrote a letter to Dr. Craven in February relaying how he has affected my life in a very profound way. When there, I feel I am in the most capable hands.” — Maggie M. (June 26, 2015)
- “A very nice facility and competent /friendly staff. My surgery was much less scary than I expected.” — Joyce G. (April 8, 2015)
- “Everyone is first rate! I came in for Botox and Dr. Craven always checks my face to optimize where he puts it. I originally came in for the area between my brows but thanks to his artistry, I have a more even, natural and better result.” — Sandra G. (March 6, 2015)
- “Everything and everyone were very pleasant. Appreciate the extra time taken by the staff if needed.” — Donna W. (January 30, 2015)
- “This will be my fourth procedure. Dr. Craven is amazing. It could not get any better!” — Zelda L. (January 13, 2015)
- “Love love Dr Craven and his staff” — Ann C. (January 8, 2015)
- “Dr. Craven has a great staff! Trudi (Cosmetic Consultant) made me feel very comfortable and helped my decide the details of my procedure within minutes! She’s wonderful!” — Taylor R. (October 16, 2014)
- “Appreciate Dr. Craven and the kind and friendly staff. Results are always excellent.” — Jane R. (September 27, 2014)
- “Excellent service and personnel. All the staff were friendly and made me feel at ease. Able to answer all my questions. Dr. Craven went into great detail to explain the procedure. Will definitely recommend him and his staff!” — Donna T. (July 30, 2014)
- “Always a professional and pleasant experience!” — Elorra B. (May 15, 2014)
- “Very pleasant experience. Very professional. Lovely office and lovely staff. Dr. Craven has a lovely bedside manner. I can tell they go above and beyond the call of duty for their patients.” — Vanessa K. (December 18, 2013)
- “Staff is always very friendly, Dr. Craven is wonderful.” — Jane R. (September 16, 2013)
- “Everyone was so amazing. They all were very genuinely nice and all made me feel so comfortable. They were amazing.” — Payton P. (January 29, 2013)
- “I find the service both professional and personal. This office is outstanding and I am so thankful to have found it. I am very pleased with the results from my procedures which were performed by Dr. Craven! My experience with other doctors and their offices don’t even come close to Westlake Dermatology.” — Kathy S. (January 27, 2013)
- “I know that Dr. Craven is a very busy Doctor, but he always makes me feel that I’m his only client when I visit. The staff is always welcoming.” — Ana W. (January 25, 2013)
- “So efficient and easy. Dr. Craven was on time, knowledgeable and took perfect care of my needs!” — Michele M. (January 18, 2013)
- “Everything was great!” — Kristie E. (January 11, 2013)
- “They were very kind and made sure they answered all my questions.” — Katherine H. (December 7, 2012)
- “Dr. Craven is wonderful. I highly recommend him to anyone considering cosmetic surgery.” — Erika B. (October 14, 2012)
- “I love that the girls behind the desk remember my name when I come in. The nurses are always great, and Dr. Craven is the best. He always has time to answer any questions and visit for a minute or two.” — Susie B. (September 22, 2012)
- “Dr. Craven and his wonderful staff made me feel like they took a specific, personal interest in my well being. They are friendly and open for any questions or concerns I had and went over and above what I would consider excellent patient care. The facility is beautiful, welcoming, professional and clean. I experienced less pain during the procedure then I had anticipated. The after care recommendations were excellent and well thought out. Their dedication to the highest patient care and outcomes are some of the reasons why I highly recommend this surgeon and this facility. Thank you, thank you all for an experience that I know I made the right choice in choosing your practice! :)” — Linda M.
- “The staff was very friendly. Dr. Craven is very caring and wants the very best for his patents.” — Erika B.
- “Dr. Craven is top rate. He is very personable and shows care and concern for you as a patient. I would highly recommend him to my friends. He takes time to listen to what your needs are and explains everything clearly. He is a top notch surgeon and if I decide to have any other procedure down I would not hesitate to go back to him to get it done.” — Iva C.
- “I am so glad I chose Westlake from the moment you walk in everyone makes you feel welcomed. Dr. Craven is wonderful. Thank You So Much.” — Mary A.
- “Both my nurses & Dr. Craven made me feel very comfortable during my breast augmentation consultation & Pre-Op appt. Dr. Craven explained the process of the procedure & what to expect post-op. I feel very confident & comfortable with my upcoming procedure & can’t wait for this master piece to unfold. A very Happy thanks for making this visit seamless & comfortable from the get-go.” — Mica H.
- “We were very pleased with the entire process ……everyone made us feel ‘right at home’ and Dr. Craven quickly responded to our calls after my wife’s procedure…..could not be happier !!!” — Rick L.
- “This has been a wonderful experience for me. This was was my 3rd procedure. The highest marks for Dr. Craven and his entire staff. Just an amazing Doctor and staff!” — A. J.
- “Absolutely superb experience, thank you.” — S. A.
- “I love that you always take patients perfectly on time and that everyone on your staff is truly dedicated to making me happy.” — Susanne P.