Westlake Dermatology – North Austin
12201 Renfert Way, Suite 305
Austin, Texas 78758
view on map
phone: (512) 279-3376
fax: (512) 306-0222
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
* Same day and next day appointments are available at this location.
Our clinic is located in the Medical Oaks Pavillion near the St. David’s North Austin Medical Center. We are located on the 3rd floor in suite 305.
- If driving from central Austin, head north on Mopac (Loop 1), exit Parmer Lane. Turn right immediately after the North Austin Medical Center on Cedar Bend Drive, and the take the first right onto Renfert Way. Medical Oaks Pavillion will be approximately 0.2 miles on your left.
- If coming from north Austin, head south on Mopac (Loop 1) and exit Parmer Lane. Turn left (east) onto Parmer Lane, and then turn right on Tomanet Trail. Follow Tomanet Trail 0.7 miles until it dead ends into Cedar Bend Drive. Turn left on Cedar Bend Drive, then right on Renfert Way. The Medical Oaks Pavillion is 0.2 miles ahead on your left.
North Austin Physicians and Providers
- Michael Coverman, MD – Board Certified Dermatologist, Board Certified Internal Medicine
- Kevin Flynn, MD – Board Certified Dermatologist, Board Certified Dermatopathologist
- Debra Gauthier – Nurse Practitioner
- Bernice Martinez – Licensed Aesthetician
Procedures Offered in North Austin
- Medical Dermatology
- Botox & Dermal Fillers
- Laser Treatments
- Med Spa Treatments
- Sclerotherapy (Vein Removal)
North Austin Clinic – Patient Testimonials
- “A relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.” — Kaaren B. (December 9, 2017)
- “I can’t think of anything that would make my visit more enjoyable.” — Randall H. (November 9, 2017)
- “Great staff, great service.” — Giselle A. (October 28, 2017)
- “Very professional staff. I felt very cared for.” — Marian M. (October 20, 2017)
- “I want to comment on the punctuality of this entire office. It is OUTSTANDING! I never have to wait more than 5 minutes for the assistants or for the doctor. This is sooo much appreciated. Thank you for respecting each other’s time.” — Michael O. (October 18, 2017)
- “Really nothing needed to make my visit more enjoyable. My only complaint is I never have enough time to read the magazines provided in the doctor’s office because my wait time is so short.” — Valerie M. (September 7, 2017)
- “I always feel that everyone at Westlake Dermatology cares about my comfort, convenience and long term welfare.” — Paul T. (August 11, 2017)
- “Great care and service.” — Daniel C. (July 8, 2017)
- “We love Westlake Dermatology! The office staff is very friendly and helpful and there is never a wait to be seen. They take very good care of both my husband and I and I have recommended them to friends.” — Lorie W. (June 27, 2017)
- “Always a great experience.” — Jim S. (May 31, 2017)
- “It’s always a straight forward pleasant experience whenever I go for an appointment. The staff is excellent and very friendly.” — Buttons P. (May 31, 2017)
- “Excellent care, friendly staff, always professional, prompt and punctual service, clean and modern office, experienced specialist who answers questions and asks about patient concerns.” — Mary G. (May 16, 2017)
- “I chose your group #1 because you were on the provider list of my insurer, #2 because you were the only group that had a person answer the phone vs an answering machine. Care is about people… good job on answering the phone!” — Robert Y. (May 3, 2017)
- “I wish all the doctors offices I visit could be good as this one.” — James P. (March 28, 2017)
- “Very nice folks!” — Jason P. (March 21, 2017)
- “As a relatively new patient of Westlake Dermatology, I am always impressed by the warmth, candor and thorough professionalism of each staff member I’ve had the pleasure to interact with in this office.” — Michael S. (March 18, 2017)
- “There’s nothing else you can do! I was offered water, everyone was very welcoming.” — Janice C. (March 15, 2017)
- “Keep doing the great job you are doing. The staff, nurses and physicians are all very professional, courteous, friendly each and every time I have my appointment. I would and have recommended this office.” — Sharon F. (November 23, 2016)
- “This was my first visit. I was very pleased with all aspects of my care. Everyone was friendly and professional.” — Carla K. (November 11, 2016)
- “I just want to take the time to tell you that they are all so friendly and courteous at this office. I am very happy with the doctor and the practice. Thanks, I also think it is so nice that they offer free water. I have never seen that before.” — Cindy B. (November 10, 2016)
- “The people and doctor were all very polite and made my visit very enjoyable.” — John B. (November 8, 2016)
- “This was my first time here and I was very pleased about everything I experienced. The wait wasn’t long and everything was very easy. I would definitely recommend this office to other friends and clients.” — John C. (September 1, 2016)
- “I didn’t have to wait, and Dr Flynn answered any questions I had.” — Sara F. (August 25, 2016)
- “I appreciate the courtesy and promptness of the staff; also, the bottle of cold water is always welcome! I recommended Westlake Dermatology to a friend of mine last year, and she had a melanoma removed after her first visit. So glad she took my advice. She also appreciated how quickly she was able to schedule an appointment.” — Sarah S. (August 18, 2016)
- “Renata, Blanca, the receptionist, Dr. Flynn and Solisa Shoop have excellent communication skills, beautiful and neat office with great staffs. I always have fun while I am in this office. I will definitely recommend them to friends and family.” — Jacqueline A. (May 4, 2016)
- “I was made very comfortable during my appointment. I was offered water, a smile from the receptionist on the front counter and told I would be called back in a few minutes. I was made comfortable and very well received. I can’t add any more to my appointment that would make me feel better.” — Richard R. (December 5, 2015)
- “Very friendly staff and great service.” — Jerry M. (August 26, 2015)
- “The staff is great: they are professional, friendly, respectful, thorough, and polite.” — Jerry F. (February 11, 2015)
- “I appreciate the professionalism of the entire staff I interacted with. The entire visit was a comfortable visit. I highly recommend this office.” — Marian M. (February 7, 2015)
- “Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable.” — Mike L. (January 13, 2015)
- “Everything you all do at Westlake North is done very professionally and thoroughly!!” — Edward S. (December 5, 2014)
- “Nice customer service, very nice environment.” — Alina R. (November 6, 2014)
- “The Westlake Dermatology staff is knowledgeable, professional, and courteous. They are highly organized and respectful of your time. (This is evidenced by a short wait time). You are consistently met with a smile and the offer of a bottle of water. :-}. I would recommend WD to my family & friends!” — Carolyn W. (October 8, 2014)
- “The receptionist was exceedingly friendly and accommodating. My PCP forgot to send the referral prior to my appointment, but she patiently helped me get that issue straightened out so that I didn’t have to reschedule my appointment. I really appreciated her help and her kindness in dealing with the situation. I was also very pleased with Renata’s (medical assistant) friendly demeanor. She was pleasant and engaging and helped reassure me that my procedure would be quick and painless. She also provided a bit of much appreciated comedic relief during the procedure. I found that Dr. Flynn was very knowledgeable, easy to communicate with, and efficient. Overall, the staff exceeded my expectations and because of them I would recommend your office to others. The staff made my visit much more pleasant than it could have been and because of them.” — Sheryl S. (August 29, 2014)
- “Upon arrival, a bottled of water was offered. Thank you very much. The whole process from checking in to checking out was smooth. The physician is very knowledgeable and all of the staff is very courteous.” — Supanee M. (August 13, 2014)
- “This office is the most professional Dr.’s office I visit! Everything runs like clock work. Dr. Flynn takes time to answer any question I have, gives me excellent advise and makes sure I am well taken care of before I leave the office. You are all appreciated!!” — Denise L. (August 5, 2014)
- “I have been patient of Dr. Flynn for now 13 years. I would not trust any one else when it comes to any issue that I have or had in past but him. His medical assistant Renata is always extremely friendly yet very professional, detailed ,informative and on time. Never once I had to wait. Front desk is very friendly too. I will definitely recommend every one to Dr. Flynn. I also meet with Katie Fowler for the first time this morning and she is very sweet. I will go back to see her for sure.” — Aleksandra N. (June 19, 2014)
- “Your office staff is courteous, efficient, timely and so professional. The facilities are clean, comfortable, well lighted and very functional. I have been pleased with the treatment I have received, and greatly appreciate the friendly and caring atmosphere.” — Annette V. (June 17, 2014)
- “Wow! Very professional staff and very polite. I was greeted upon arrival, offered a drink, and was seen promptly. The service was first class so, in all, I can’t think of anything you guys could add to make the experience more enjoyable. Thanks!” — Jeffrey G. (June 10, 2014)
- “I like that appointments can be made very early in the morning. To me that is a plus. I also like that there is no waiting time. Appointments are on the dot!!” — Liz M. (June 10, 2014)
- “Excellent customer care and service. Bravo to a compassionate staff.” — Stephen B. (April 18, 2014)
- “I’ve been at this location twice and both times I haven’t had to wait, the receptionist is friendly, my nurse assistant doesn’t rush to get me out of there, my Dr. talks to me, not my mom, about my issues and treats me like a young adult, and when we leave rescheduling has always been easy because the lady at the counter has always been friendly and has tried to get us a convenient time. I really like coming to the North location.” — Zachery S. (March 18, 2014)
- “There are several Dermatology practices in Austin and I wanted to find one close to where I live. I was hesitant to go with a large practice — figuring it would be like a turn-style operation and not get any attention. What I experienced was far from what I thought could have been! I got a quick (new patient) appointment with Dr Flynn and he and his staff were as helpful and informative as I’ve ever experienced. They were on time, the nurse AND doctor spent as much time as I needed for them to answer all of my questions/concerns and there was no feeling of being rushed. I was told (numerous times) that if I needed anything or needed to come back before my next schedule appointment, to just to pick up the phone and call. I can’t tell you what a pleasant surprise it was to be treated so well at such a large practice. It was a great choice on my part and I’d recommend them to my friends, for sure!” — Dawn B. (February 10, 2014)
- “The staff was very professional and polite which made the visit enjoyable.” — Terry M. (December 26, 2013)
- “They did everything right in my opinion. I enjoyed my visit and treatment at this facility. I wouldn’t change a thing. In fact I would like to thank them for such good service.” — Samuel D. (September 4, 2013)
- “Everyone made me feel comfortable during my visit. I had a procedure done and the staff made me feel relaxed and not so nervous. Very professional group!” — Lisa M. (May 22, 2013)
- “They served me coffee! I heard explanations for everything beforehand. The whole visit was quick and (almost) painless. Very pleasant atmosphere.” — Alice Jo N. (April 24, 2013)
- “I have been totally satisfied with my visits to Westlake Dermatology. The staff is pleasant, courteous and professional. The physical location is easy to drive to and the office and examination rooms are very clean. One of the things that I appreciate most is that the appointments are timely and I have never had to wait long to see the doctor.” — Annette V. (February 27, 2013)
- “The thing I like best about Westlake Dermatology is the friendly staff and the professionalism of the doctors.” — Maria J. (January 16, 2013)
- “Everyone associated with the three locations we have now had an occasion to visit have been extremely professional, considerate, kind and helpful! Very much a breath of fresh air with respect to having to visit one’s Doctor!” — Julieann T. (December 6, 2012)
- “The staff are always professional and friendly when I have an appointment.” — Suzanne R. (November 2, 2012)
- “The staff at Westlake is very professional and friendly. I don’t feel like just another number to get in and out the door. I am absolutely confident in their abilities and will be back when I need anything else.” — Linda S. (October 23, 2012)
- “I was very satisfied with everything, the way the nurses, secretary all take the time out to explain everything in details and offer top of the line products to assist you with the problem. Just an outstanding group of doctors, nurses, wonderful team you have.” — Marilyn L. (September 18, 2012)
- “My experience was flawless – from booking the appointment, to the procedure and follow ups.” — Raul S. (August 22, 2012)
- “There is nothing more special than to go to a place and being made to feel like family. That’s what I feel like when I go to Westlake Dermatology. It is an absolute pleasure.” — Ken G. (July 3, 2012)
- “The staff here are very courteous and considerate of my time … each visit is always a positive experience …” — Priscilla P. (June 6, 2012)
- “The entire staff at the North Austin location are doing a great job for me. They are always professional about all they do from checking in to making a follow up appointment.” — Andrew A.
- “The service and the people were awesome! Going to Westlake Dermatology has been a very positive experience and I will definitely return for any further dermatological needs.” — Anthony S.
- “Every moment of my involvement with this office was an absolute pleasure!” — Kevin S.
- “The North Austin staff has always been courteous, professional and very kind.” — Linda M.
- “I have already told everyone I know what a great experience I had with EVERYONE at your office. I felt welcome and respected.” — Marianne B.
- “Absolutely the best physicians I have dealt with. Office team is top notch and so helpful. I love these people!” — Chris L.
- “All involved with WD are professional and actually refreshing. It’s a pleasure going to a doctors office and be treated as a family member.” — Ken G.
- “Your North Austin office staff and doctors/PAs are very professional, polite and friendly. I have and will continue to recommend my friends to Westlake Dermatology.” — Christina M.
- “Don’t change a thing! A+++++” — Greg M.
- “A great environment where each Member seem to absolutely enjoy coming to work each day. They make the total experience a GREAT experience.” — Terry S.