Daniel P. Friedmann, MD
Daniel P. Friedmann, M.D. is a fellowship-trained, board-certified dermatologist and phlebologist at Westlake Dermatology and Clinical Research Director of the Westlake Dermatology Clinical Research Center. Dr. Friedmann completed his dermatology residency at the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine Division of Dermatology in Greenville, North Carolina and served as chief resident during his final year. Dr. Friedmann subsequently completed a cosmetic surgery fellowship sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery at Goldman Butterwick Fitzpatrick Groff & Fabi, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego, California.
He received a dual bachelor of arts, magna cum laude, in European History and Molecular Biology at the University of Pennsylvania and subsequently fulfilled his medical training at the University of Florida with honors, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society and graduated near the top of his class.
Dr. Friedmann is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatology Surgery, as well as a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American College of Phlebology, and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. He has presented nationally on photorejuvenation, noninvasive fat reduction, radiofrequency devices, up-to-date techniques in photodynamic therapy, the management of stretch marks, and the treatment of hand, chest, and facial veins. Dr. Friedmann has written text book chapters on laser resurfacing, under-eye circles, and the laser treatment of pigmentation, and was one of three national recipients of the 2014 ASDS Young Investigators Writing competition for his article entitled “A Review of the Aesthetic Treatment of Abdominal Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue: Background, Implications and Therapeutic Options.” In 2017, he was recognized as a “RealSelf Most Loved Injector”.
Dr. Friedmann Discusses Radiesse for hand rejuvenation
Dr. Friedmann has immense interest in clinical research and has been involved in numerous clinical trials, such as for the treatment of abnormal leg veins, aging hands, hair regrowth, melasma, localized fat reduction, stretch marks, and skin laxity of the chest.
Dr. Friedmann was born in Montevideo, Uruguay and speaks Spanish fluently. He has a number of varied interests, including traveling, computer hardware, classic movies, and basketball.
Dr. Friedmann sees patients at our Westlake location.
For more information on Dr. Friedmann’s research, publications, and presentations Click Here.
Testimonials from Dr. Friedmann’s patients:
- “Dr. Friedmann is truly the most professional personable caring physician!Lisa and the woman that checked me out were also extremely kind- I have been recommending Westlake Dermatology for years and now that I have experience with Dr. Friedmann I will specifically be letting everyone know about his amazing service!” — Marci W. (November 23, 2018)
- “I trust Dr. Friedmann. I believe he has a passion for thoroughness & learning. I know he has done tons of homework and has the experience, as well. Dr. Friedmann is an absolute asset to Westlake Dermatology and one of the reasons I go to Westlake Dermatology. Thank you, Dr. Friedmann.” — Lara N. (October 19, 2018)
- “I can think of nothing that would have made this more enjoyable – this was the best appointment I have ever had.” — Jayne M. (July 16, 2018)
- “Dr. Daniel Friedmann is amazing! He is very personable and full of knowledge! In my opinion all around the best Cosmetic Dermatologist in Austin. Love him!” — Fernanda L. (May 3, 2018)
- “It was a very enjoyable and productive experience! Dr. Friedmann and Ashley, R.N. are top notch professionals with excellent “bedside manner.” — Garry D. (February 22, 2018)
- “I am in a Sculptra study and have only great things to say about the treatment results as well as everyone I’ve seen at Westlake Dermatology.” — Sona N. (November 21, 2017)
- “I drive almost 150 miles round trip to go to the Westlake clinic because everyone there is so professional and friendly. Dr. Freidmann and Alisha in Clinical Research especially awesome. I wouldn’t go to any other dermatology providers.” — Gayle R. (October 19, 2017)
- “Extremely satisfied. Dr. Friedmann and his staff were amazing.” — Monica F. (September 30, 2017)
- “Dr. Daniel does my fillers and Botox and I am always happy with the results!” — Fernanada L. (September 29, 2017)
- “The staff was patient and courteous despite the fact that I was late to arrive for my appointment. Dr. Friedmann was very informative in answering all my questions and has a pleasant demeanor. I look forward to my next visit.” — Anastasia L. (September 22, 2017)
- “Alisha and Dr. Friedmann are wonderful. They do everything they can to make you comfortable. They let you know what is going to happen beforehand so you aren’t surprised. Their bedside manner is super! I appreciate their down to earth approach to their clients. Thank you.” — Laurie C. (September 14, 2017)
- “Dr. Friedmann is great and I trust his judgement and recommendations. He has done Dysport and different fillers multiple times with virtually no bruising. I have always bruised heavily in the past. It’s been great working with him. I would highly recommend him to anyone who asks.” — Lisa B. (July 18, 2017)
- “The staff at Westlake Derm does a great job, and Dr. Friedmann is a super doc.” — Wylie C. (June 15, 2017)
- “I have been dealing with a medical condition for about 7 years that other doctors told me that I would have to live with. Dr. Friedmann diagnosed my condition in the first 10 minutes of the examination and recommended a course of treatment. He did an ultrasound, explained the underlying condition, proposed phases of treatment, and expected outcomes. I was so overwhelmed at the possibility of fixing this problem that it hard to hold back my tears. It still is.” — Margie B. (June 14, 2017)
- “Beautiful place, beautiful service- Dr. Friedmann is amazing, so personable and talented; a true perfectionist to make sure the results you are seeking are above your expectations. He is VERY gifted at what he does!” — Rachelle S. (March 18, 2017)
- “Dr. Friedmann is very professional which I appreciate. He is an excellent doctor.” — Sterling W. (March 18, 2017)
- “Dr. Daniel is an amazing doctor, he is very caring and professional. I just love him, and his assistant Sara is a sweetheart!” — Fernanda L. (December 23, 2016)
- “The visit was for a quick follow-up. Everyone I encountered was very pleasant and professional.” — Karen C. (November 16, 2016)
- “All went well and in a timely manner.” — Richard B. (October 1, 2016)
- “Everything was great. No improvement needed :)” — Gabriel F. (September 16, 2016)
- “Dr. Friedmann and his assistants were just wonderful! Very informative, friendly, and took care of all 3 of us girls!” — Brenda F. (September 7, 2016)
- “Everyone was extremely friendly and polite. The facility is beautiful.” — Jeanne S. (July 28, 2016)
- “The office appears to run like a well oiled machine. Wait times are short and Dr. Friedmann along with the nursing staff are always polite and very professional.” — Anthony C. (May 26, 2016)
- “Dr. Friedmann is a genius, he and the staff are fabulous!” — Karen B. (April 13, 2016)
- “Wonderful experience!” — Lauren C. (March 20, 2016)
- “Dr. Friedmann is wonderful. He is gentle with fillers, takes his time, and has a light touch. Not to mention the ‘Friedmann flick’! Very happy with my results.” — Amy V. (March 15, 2016)
- “Love Dr. Daniel. Everyone is always wonderful!” — Fernanda L. (January 29, 2016)
- “I was very satisfied with the reception and the meeting with Dr. Friedmann.” — Guadalupe G. (January 22, 2016)
- “Excellent treatment beyond my expectations. Would recommend Dr. Friedmann 100%.” — Luz A. (January 20, 2016)
- “Dr. Friedmann & staff are great! Very friendly & caring!” — Roxanne O. (January 14, 2016)
- “Everyone was so friendly to me, I felt completely comfortable, I’m so excited for my procedure.” — Michele B. (November 25, 2015)
- “It is rare to go to a doctor and enjoy the the visit but everything about it was pleasant. Love Dr. Friedmann and Jenny. They make you very comfortable about the procedure. Have some other things I want to do and will definitely be back.” — Sherry R. (November 4, 2015)
- “The doctor was very informative. I really appreciate their interaction with me. Great personality. I felt very comfortable. Thanks for a wonderful experience.” — Tambra M. (August 27, 2015)
- “I had previous work done, and coming to Westlake provided me with expertise care that corrected/improved the previous work. The doctor was phenomenal, and the staff was very polite and courteous. Hopefully I will never need additional cosmetic work done, but if I did, no matter where I am in the world I will return to Dr. Friedmann and Westlake.” — Victoria M. (August 18, 2015)
- “Dr. Daniel Friedmann is awesome! He answered all my question very patiently and appropriately. Looking forward to my next appointment. Thank you 🙂 “ — Fernanda L. (June 27, 2015)
- “Everyone was so friendly and professional. Dr. Friedmann and his nurse were both so kind and sincere. I have two friends that are going to make appointments based on my recommendation.” — Jack W. (May 10, 2015)
- “Can’t say I ever look forward to visiting a doctor, BUT the staff and the doctors made every effort to explain the various treatments and all were friendly. Nice experience, and they did relieve some of my anxieties.” — Shirley H. (May 7, 2015)
- “Dr. Friedmann was very attentive during my visit. Not only, to my aesthetic requests and concerns, but also my anxieties. He and his nurse maintained eye contact, established rapport, and guided me through my first experience at Westlake Dermatology. Being born and raised here in Austin, it was refreshing and enlightening to see how Westlake Dermatology and it’s staff have encompassed Austin in both a natural and innovative fashion.” — Brittany W. (April 27, 2015)
- “The facility is gorgeous, and the entire team is very welcoming. Dr. Friedmann took his time answering my endless questions. During my procedures, I was reassured and updated as to what was happening. It was a very calming environment. I am referring my Mother to Westlake Dermatology.” — Angela N. (April 22, 2015)
- “Very pleasant environment, easy to make appointments and Dr. Friedmann is super.” — Bill M. (February 28, 2015)
- “As usual, everyone was friendly, professional and knowledgeable.” — Lorraine T. (February 12, 2015)
- “Our visit was very thorough and thank y’all for your professional services.” — Robin M. (November 22, 2014)
- “The staff was always happy to see me. I love how Sarah cared for me from the beginning to the end. Dr. Friedmann was kind and gentle, and cracked a few light jokes to calm me down. I had. Very pleasant experience.” — Glenda T. (July 3, 2014)
- “I was very happy that once my surgery was over the doctors assistant waited with me until my husband arrived.” — MJ V. (May 22, 2014)
- “Everyone was so very nice. Dr. Friedmann made me feel at ease right away and answered all my questions. My husband will also make an appointment and see him as well. I am relieved to have finally found another dermatologist. Having Saturday appointments is so helpful.” — Shelley N. (March 9, 2014)