Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD
Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD is a board certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon specializing in the practice of both cosmetic and medical dermatology. She views cosmetic dermatology as synergistic to a happy, healthy lifestyle and regularly counsels her patients in a balanced, natural approach to both cosmetic and medical dermatology. Dr. Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce has a strong interest in integrative medicine and focuses on preventive skin care. As a former Chief Resident at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Geddes-Bruce has extensive expertise in the identification, treatment, and monitoring of skin cancers and other rare or complicated illnesses of the skin.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce is fellowship-trained in cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. She served as Chief Resident at one of the nation’s top dermatology programs – The University of Texas at Houston and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Prior to her residency, she completed an Internal Medicine internship at the Harvard teaching hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce graduated magna cum laude from Mount Holyoke College where she studied Art History and Chemistry. She also received a Masters of Science in Human Nutrition from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. While attending medical school at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Dr. Geddes-Bruce was recognized with the G. Alan Robinson Award for Pharmacology and was elected into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, where she also served as President.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce has authored book chapters and been published in several major peer-reviewed journals on various topics in both cosmetic and medical dermatology. In 2015, her abstract on a novel approach in the treatment of melasma was awarded the Dr. Richard E. Fitzpatrick Clinical Research and Innovations Award at the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery annual meeting. Dr. Geddes-Bruce was selected as one of the Texas Super Doctors Rising Stars in Texas Monthly magazine in 2017 and 2018 in the category of Dermatology.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce was raised in Kingsville, Texas. She enjoys arts and crafts and hosting dinner parties for her family and friends. She is an avid dog-lover and regularly tolerates running for exercise. She, her husband, son, and their two mutts are all excited to call Austin home.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce’s Blog Features:
- How to Prevent Your Melasma from Flaring
- Can Liposuction Get Rid of Cellulite?
- Ask a Dermatologist: Can Botox Prevent Wrinkles?
- How Long Will Laser Resurfacing Results Last?
- How (and Why) to Avoid Fake Botox and Dermal Fillers
- 5 Effective Jowl Treatment Options
- Skin Health: The Best Vitamins and Minerals for Your Skin
- Subcision: Instant Cellulite Removal
- Today’s Best Skin Tightening Treatments
- Cellulite: 7 Things You May Not Know
For information on Dr. Geddes-Bruce’s research and publications Click Here.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce in the News
- Healthline – A Nonsurgical Facelift: What Are the Options?
- Vital Proteins – Why Does Makeup Cause Breakouts? (Plus, How to Treat Them)
Testimonials from Geddes-Bruce’s patients:
- “Dr. Geddes, I appreciate such warm and exceptional care. More providers should exemplify such care. Ashley, thanks for all the laughter and great personality. Thank you for taking such great care of me. I’ll recommend all my coworkers to this wonderful facility. You guys ROCK!!!!” — Andrea N. (September 16, 2020)
- “The staff was great and made my 12 year old daughter feel comfortable.” — Hannah H. (August 2, 2020)
- “I have been to 3 dermatologist prior to this visit, this was the 1st time I walked out feeling that a treatment plan was established. Thank you Dr Geddes-Bruce!” — Karen M. (August 25, 2020)
- “Dr. Geddes Bruce and her PA are just fabulous. She cares, she listens and she consults! She takes her time and you don’t feel like you are on an assembly line. I have followed her to different locations because she is that good!” — Amy M. (August 4, 2020)
- “I felt very welcome and comfortable the second I walked In the door. I was quickly seen with hardly any wait. The nurse and dermatologist we’re very kind and made a point to listen to my concerns. I was very pleased with my visit and look forward to going back.” — Sarah M. (July 29, 2020)
- “On time Telehealth appt., friendly nurse at check-in, quick diagnosis and warm demeanor from physician. Answered questions asked. Have already seen a significant improvement in rash! Ty!” — Laura B. (July 3, 2020)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce is knowledgeable and is very thorough and makes you feel cared for personally. The Westlake staff is very helpful and courteous at the Far West location. Great overall experience!” — Abby R. (July 2, 2020)
- “We have had a very good experience so far with Westlake Dermatology office on Far West. Dr. Geddes is very personal, genuinely caring and generous with her time. I have been very impressed with the personal touch she brings to her practice. I would and have recommended her highly.” — Steven A. (July 1, 2020)
- “Great experience! Super friendly & I was made to feel very comfortable.” — Terry M. (June 30, 2020)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce and her staff are excellent. She provided me with options to choose from for my care and gave me a breakdown of pros and cons, and cleared up common misunderstandings with floating around with one medication. I had such a great experience that I will be recommending her (and her staff) to anyone seeking dermatology care” — Kimberly E. (June 26, 2020)
- “You guys have always done a great job and I will continue to see Geddes-Bruce and her awesome team!!! I have only had great experiences and rave about her and the team!” — Eva L. (June 24, 2020)
- “LMy skin has cleared so much that I can’t even believe that it looked like that and not so long ago!! Dr. Geddes has me on spirolactone and it’s a miracle!!! I’m also getting my scars worked on with injections that will help them shrink which isn’t as painful as I thought. Westlake at Far West is AMAZING!!!” — Ashley T. (June 22, 2020)
- “Love Dr Bruce and her staff!” — Linda P. (June 9, 2020)
- “Made me feel comfortable! Professional and friendly!” — Sara S. (May 27, 2020)
- “Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I asked additional questions and Dr. Geddes was very patient with me and answered them all. Great to find such a nice clinic.” — Nicole C. (May 20, 2020)
- “I had a great visit and was very impressed with all of the precautions in place during this moment in time. The professionalism and compassion at Westlake Dermatology have made me a loyal patient and client. Thanks for all you do, Dr. Geddes-Bruce!” — Nada D. (May 20, 2020)
- “Loved my visit to Westlake Dermatology! The staff are warm, inviting and super knowledgable.” — Georgina B. (May 19, 2020)
- “This was my first experience with fillers and Botox. They made me feel so comfortable and pretty! I had an idea of what I wanted but they helped guide me towards what would look best for me. I could tell money was not what drove their decisions but rather my best interest, which I’m happy about! I’m very satisfied with the nurse and Dr. Geddes-Bruce! I am eager to see my results when some more time has passed and I am fully healed!” — Julie T. (May 14, 2020)
- “I had a great experience!” — Jason R. (May 13, 2020)
- “Dr. Geddes was amazing even via Telehealth! I will definitely be making my follow up appointment for the biopsy with you.” — Kori M. (May 1, 2020)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce and the staff at Far West are wonderful! Very personable, caring, take the time to listen – just great overall!” — Holly M. (February 18, 2020)
- “Love Dr. Geddes Bruce and her assistant.” — Connie S. (February 11, 2020)
- “I enjoyed my appointment. I wish she was my primary care physician. I feel comforted knowing that if I ever have a skin issue I have a doctor who I really like that I can go to in the future.” — Tiffany P. (February 6, 2020)
- “I would not change a thing!!! I was so well received and cared for.” — Sandra M. (February 4, 2020)
- “I enjoy my Dermatologist Dr. Elizabeth Geddes. She Great!” — Mark R. (January 29, 2020)
- “Dr. Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce is an angel. Thank you.” — Rick C. (January 22, 2020)
- “Awesome staff. My daughters were both nervous about going to the dermatologist for the first time, and the staff made them at ease and they had a great experience!!” — Gracen R. (October 11, 2019)
- “Very helpful and knowledgeable, so happy I decided to switch from my previous dermatologist office.” — Amber H. (August 13, 2019)
- “From check in, to the nurse/PA to the Dr., they were all so pleasant and informative. And so happy about how quickly I was in and out.” — Kristy D. (July 24, 2019)
- “Ashley and Dr. Geddes are amazing!!” — Gabriella S. (July 24, 2019)
- “My experience with the staff, particularly the medical assistant and Dr. Geddes-Bruce, has always been excellent. They are prompt, conscious and care about their patients. She is skilled with a laser and I completely trust her for my care.” — Anna E. (July 15, 2019)
- “Fantastic staff! They all were concerned that I was comfortable with the entire visit. Doctor Bruce was very informative and answered all my questions and concerns.” — Dale M. (July 3, 2019)
- “Dr. Geddes and Ashley are both are so gracious, and I always look forward to seeing them!” — Kristy P. (June 7, 2019)
- “Don’t change a thing, everything is top rate!” — Alma F. (May 22, 2019)
- “Dr. Geddes is awesome! She has been totally respectful of my desire to make gradual changes. Although the improvement from my “before” to current photos is quite significant, it has happened so gradually that no one close to me has figured out my secret!” — Kristy D. (November 16, 2018)
- “The entire staff was amazing and the facility is gorgeous. It was a very pleasant visit and I look forward to my annual follow ups!” — Alexis B. (October 5, 2018)
- “I have no comments or suggestions because my visit went so well. No one was snobby or rude, everyone was very down to earth and humble. Dr. Geddes-Bruce is always professional and kind. She doesn’t beat around the bush and tells you what you NEED to hear. She’s fantastic and I see her whenever I need a doctor’s opinion. She is worth the $200 payment. I trust her.” — Robin H. (July 30, 2018)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce is wonderful!” — Kate K. (July 23, 2018)
- “I can’t think of anything that could be improved. All the staff are exceptionally courteous and pleasant!” — Kristy D. (June 6, 2018)
- “The staff and my doctor are all top notch. I have no recommendations!” — Eva L. (January 30, 2018)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce and staff are always very professional and treat you like family. I truly enjoy and appreciate her as my physician. She goes above and beyond to ensure your needs are met. She and staff are very caring and focused on the client having the best positive experience and outcome possible.” — Carolyn E. (January 25, 2018)
- “Dr. Geddes performed sclerotherapy and it was quick and painless!! She’s amazing.” — Lidia V. (October 19, 2017)
- “Nice facility. Welcoming staff. Dr. Geddes was great and made me feel very comfortable.” — Kaleelah M. (September 14, 2017)
- “There are 2 reasons that I’d recommend Dr. Geddes, both of which are the most important reasons for choosing any Doctor in our lives. The first is her extensive specialized knowledge of her profession. Whatever she recommends I trust her 100% plus! I’ve seen her 3 times and will be returning. The second reason is Dr. Geddes Doctor-Patient Interaction. It’s excellent! She welcomes, listens and cares about your needs. Dr. Geddes is awesome, you couldn’t ask for more! I applaud her and her team for making me feel so comfortable.” — Diana B. (August 6, 2017)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce and her staff are wonderful. I never feel rushed, and I always feel like I can ask questions, even if embarrassing. She is not only super smart and truly knows her medical field, but she also has such a calm, welcoming and down to earth bed side manner. I trust her suggestions and her diagnosis’s with my kids and that says it all :)” — Cathy R. (July 11, 2017)
- “Dr. Geddes and her assisistant couldn’t be nicer or do a better job. They are wonderful.” — Meredith S. (June 27, 2017)
- “The Doctor was great. She was very informative, taking the time to explain everything.” — Anita E. (June 20, 2017)
- “The entire staff was great! Dr. Geddes-Bruce was awesome… thorough, extremely knowledgeable, personable — I wish all my doctors had this balance of friendliness and professionalism! She eliminated any fears I had about going to a dermatologist!” — Richard E. (June 20, 2017)
- “I like Dr. Geddes very much. She remembered me and my pocket book! Thoroughly enjoyed the options (ideas) and will carry thru on my regime and future appointment. I really liked how she has helped me and I am truly happy with her work.” — Benadette W. (May 4, 2017)
- “You guys did great!” — Juli E. (February 25, 2017)
- “It was very enjoyable, and I think Dr. Geddes is great! I drove from Houston to see her again.” — Synda F. (January 5, 2017)