Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD
Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD is a board certified dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon specializing in the practice of both cosmetic and medical dermatology. She views cosmetic dermatology as synergistic to a happy, healthy lifestyle and regularly counsels her patients in a balanced, natural approach to both cosmetic and medical dermatology. Dr. Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce has a strong interest in integrative medicine and focuses on preventive skin care. As a former Chief Resident at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Geddes-Bruce has extensive expertise in the identification, treatment, and monitoring of skin cancers and other rare or complicated illnesses of the skin.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce is fellowship-trained in cosmetic dermatology and laser surgery. She served as Chief Resident at one of the nation’s top dermatology programs – The University of Texas at Houston and M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Prior to her residency, she completed an Internal Medicine internship at the Harvard teaching hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce graduated magna cum laude from Mount Holyoke College where she studied Art History and Chemistry. She also received a Masters of Science in Human Nutrition from Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. While attending medical school at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Dr. Geddes-Bruce was recognized with the G. Alan Robinson Award for Pharmacology and was elected into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, where she also served as President.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce has authored book chapters and been published in several major peer-reviewed journals on various topics in both cosmetic and medical dermatology. In 2015, her abstract on a novel approach in the treatment of melasma was awarded the Dr. Richard E. Fitzpatrick Clinical Research and Innovations Award at the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery annual meeting. Dr. Geddes-Bruce was selected as one of the Texas Super Doctors Rising Stars in Texas Monthly magazine in 2017 and 2018 in the category of Dermatology.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce was raised in Kingsville, Texas. She enjoys arts and crafts and hosting dinner parties for her family and friends. She is an avid dog-lover and regularly tolerates running for exercise. She, her husband, son, and their two mutts are all excited to call Austin home.
Dr. Geddes-Bruce sees patients at our Westlake, and Lamar Central clinics.
For more information on Dr. Geddes-Bruce’s research and publications Click Here.
Testimonials from Geddes-Bruce’s patients:
- “Dr. Geddes is awesome! She has been totally respectful of my desire to make gradual changes. Although the improvement from my “before” to current photos is quite significant, it has happened so gradually that no one close to me has figured out my secret!” — Kristy D. (November 16, 2018)
- “The entire staff was amazing and the facility is gorgeous. It was a very pleasant visit and I look forward to my annual follow ups!” — Alexis B. (October 5, 2018)
- “I have no comments or suggestions because my visit went so well. No one was snobby or rude, everyone was very down to earth and humble. Dr. Geddes-Bruce is always professional and kind. She doesn’t beat around the bush and tells you what you NEED to hear. She’s fantastic and I see her whenever I need a doctor’s opinion. She is worth the $200 payment. I trust her.” — Robin H. (July 30, 2018)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce is wonderful!” — Kate K. (July 23, 2018)
- “I can’t think of anything that could be improved. All the staff are exceptionally courteous and pleasant!” — Kristy D. (June 6, 2018)
- “The staff and my doctor are all top notch. I have no recommendations!” — Eva L. (January 30, 2018)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce and staff are always very professional and treat you like family. I truly enjoy and appreciate her as my physician. She goes above and beyond to ensure your needs are met. She and staff are very caring and focused on the client having the best positive experience and outcome possible.” — Carolyn E. (January 25, 2018)
- “Dr. Geddes performed sclerotherapy and it was quick and painless!! She’s amazing.” — Lidia V. (October 19, 2017)
- “Nice facility. Welcoming staff. Dr. Geddes was great and made me feel very comfortable.” — Kaleelah M. (September 14, 2017)
- “There are 2 reasons that I’d recommend Dr. Geddes, both of which are the most important reasons for choosing any Doctor in our lives. The first is her extensive specialized knowledge of her profession. Whatever she recommends I trust her 100% plus! I’ve seen her 3 times and will be returning. The second reason is Dr. Geddes Doctor-Patient Interaction. It’s excellent! She welcomes, listens and cares about your needs. Dr. Geddes is awesome, you couldn’t ask for more! I applaud her and her team for making me feel so comfortable.” — Diana B. (August 6, 2017)
- “Dr. Geddes-Bruce and her staff are wonderful. I never feel rushed, and I always feel like I can ask questions, even if embarrassing. She is not only super smart and truly knows her medical field, but she also has such a calm, welcoming and down to earth bed side manner. I trust her suggestions and her diagnosis’s with my kids and that says it all :)” — Cathy R. (July 11, 2017)
- “Dr. Geddes and her assisistant couldn’t be nicer or do a better job. They are wonderful.” — Meredith S. (June 27, 2017)
- “The Doctor was great. She was very informative, taking the time to explain everything.” — Anita E. (June 20, 2017)
- “The entire staff was great! Dr. Geddes-Bruce was awesome… thorough, extremely knowledgeable, personable — I wish all my doctors had this balance of friendliness and professionalism! She eliminated any fears I had about going to a dermatologist!” — Richard E. (June 20, 2017)
- “I like Dr. Geddes very much. She remembered me and my pocket book! Thoroughly enjoyed the options (ideas) and will carry thru on my regime and future appointment. I really liked how she has helped me and I am truly happy with her work.” — Benadette W. (May 4, 2017)
- “You guys did great!” — Juli E. (February 25, 2017)
- “It was very enjoyable, and I think Dr. Geddes is great! I drove from Houston to see her again.” — Synda F. (January 5, 2017)