Kellie Reed, MD
Dr. Kellie Reed specializes in aesthetic skin care, general medical dermatology, pediatric, and rheumatologic dermatology. She is passionate about her patient care and attention to detail, and her positive attitude provides a sense of comfort for her patients.
Dr. Reed has worked closely with specialists in cosmetic and rheumatologic dermatology. She has an artistic eye and enjoys BOTOX, dermal fillers, and more. She is up-to-date with medical research and novel treatments, and has been published in medical journals as well as given numerous poster and oral presentations at academic conferences. She has experience treating many conditions such as acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, skin cancer (including surgical treatment), lupus, and, dermatomyositis.
Dr. Reed is a native Texan, originally from El Paso. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business Honors Program. She then completed her medical training at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston where she received the Merck Manual Award for outstanding medical school academic performance. She then returned to Austin to complete internship and residency, graduating from The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School residency program where she served as Chief Resident.
Dr. Reed is a member of the Travis County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association, Texas Dermatological Society, Austin Dermatological Society, Women’s Dermatologic Society, Rheumatologic Dermatology Society, and the American Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Reed was selected as a Texas Super Doctors Rising Star in Texas Monthly magazine in 2020.
During her free time, Dr. Reed enjoys spending time with her family including her son and two dogs, running around Lady Bird Lake, and Austin’s food scene.
Dr. Reed in the Media
- Health.com (October 2020) – The 14 Best Lotions for Dry Skin, According to Dermatologists
- Huffington Post (August 2020) – Face Mask Acne: How To Prevent And Treat ‘Maskne’
- Austin Fit (July 2020) – Summer Skincare Tips
- Forbes (February 2020) – The Biggest Retinol Myths You Need to Stop Believing
Book OnlineKellie Reed M.D.
TESTIMONIALS FROM DR. Reed’s PATIENTS:
- “Dr. Reed and her assistant were wonderful! I was nervous about the injections and they really put me at ease.” — Katherine F. (November 20, 2020)
- “Thank you and thanks to Dr. Reed – she is extremely detailed with V-Beam and it does wonders to remove the visible signs of rosacea.” — Cynthia D. (November 4, 2020)
- “It would be difficult to say anything to make my appointment more enjoyable, as the staff, assistants, and Dr. Reed already do so much to make the visit pleasant and professional!!” — Shavon H. (October 21, 2020)
- “It was my first experience with Botox treatment. I felt a bit uneasy and Dr. Reed made me feel comfortable. She is professional and did a great job explaining the procedure and answering all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Reed!” — Jennifer M. (September 30, 2020)
- “Dr. Reed is the most thorough physician I have ever visited. Her knowledge made me feel really comfortable. I recommend her to everyone I know!” — Cindy B. (September 30, 2020)
- “Everything was so seamless.” — Fred B. (September 16, 2020)
- “Very clean. Very efficient. Very modern and up to date practice. My physician explained everything to me and I feel like she genuinely cared for me.” — Anda W. (September 3, 2020)
- “Very friendly and knowledgeable staff that always takes the time to make you feel welcome in the office.” — Vince L. (August 22, 2020)
- “Top notch office AND staff!!! A++++ Made our anxiety lessen by the time we were done with procedures. Great office environment and staff!!!” — Michelle R. (August 11, 2020)
- “Everything was top notch. Everyone that I interacted with was friendly and helpful.” — Richard C. (August 5, 2020)
- “Very professional, friendly and comfortable experience. Knowledgeable and professional physicians and assistants.” — Jennifer B. (July 23, 2020)
- “Dr. Kellie Reed was absolutely incredible. She listened so attentively, and she made me feel comfortable throughout my entire appointment. I had to get a biopsy, and she eased my nerves and talked me through the entire process. I’m comforted to know I have a Dermatologist that I will go back to for years to come. And it doesn’t hurt that the office is stunning and all of the staff is so welcoming!” — Victoria S. (July 17, 2020)
- “Dr Kellie Reed is a very kind person and nice professional.” — Nicolas M. (July 16, 2020)
- “Very pleased with everything.” — John H. (July 16, 2020)
- “Dr. Reed is amazing. I would follow her where ever she goes. The staff was awsome too!” — Robert M. (June 16, 2020)
- This was my first time at Westlake Dermatology. I have been a patient of Dr Reed’s for a few years and I was excited to see her in her new office. The facility is lovely and you could tell the staff took special care to keep everyone safe with masks, social distancing, etc. Even with a mask on you couldn’t miss the charm of Aggie as she welcomed me to the practice. This is a wonderful facility made more special by its team of providers and administrative staff.” — Mary S. (June 9, 2020)
- “Every time I visit Westlake Dermatology, office staff members greet me in a warm and friendly manner. The nurse and doctors are always friendly and professional. They listen carefully and ask detailed questions to ensure excellent care.” — Shelley H. (June 9, 2020)
- “Kellie Reed and WD staff are amazing!!” — Maddie M. (June 4, 2020)
- “Dr. Reed is a terrific doctor and is focused on providing the best care for her patients. I’m very happy that I switched to Westlake Dermatology last year.” — Diana R. (May 29, 2020)
- “Love Westlake! Everyone is so nice and helpful. Excited for Dr. Kellie Reed to help me on my acne journey.” — Samantha S. (May 28, 2020)
- “I thought the entire visit was very professional and pleasant!” — Shavon H. (May 27, 2020)
- “It was a great informative virtual session with Dr Reed!” — Celia G. (May 16, 2020)
- “The Dr and staff were very good with my son. Helping him to have a good experience.” — Ethan D. (May 15, 2020)
- “Friendly knowledgeable staff!” — William G. (May 14, 2020)
- “It was my first visit and everyone was knowledgeable, professional and friendly. I felt very comfortable like I was in good hands. I will come back when it’s time for my next check up!” — Deanna J. (May 6, 2020)
- “Nope- all was well! Loved using your virtual service and excited to start treatment! “ — Kelly R. (May 1, 2020)
- “Dr. Reed and Amy were great- pleasant, professional, informative and accommodating. Thank you.” — Janelle R. (May 1, 2020)