Kelly Wala, RN BSN
Kelly Wala is a Registered Nurse with a Baccalaureate Degree of Science in Nursing from Eastern Kentucky University. The initial 10 years of her nursing career focused on cardiothoracic nursing where she worked in a cardiothoracic intensive care unit in Lexington, Kentucky. After 8 years of cardiac critical care experience, she became a certified cardiovascular nurse specialist and worked as a physician extender alongside one of the top cardiovascular surgeons, Michael Sekela. She was also involved with Edwards’ Life Sciences in research with porcine heart valves with St. Jude, Medtronic, and Guidant in electrophysiology research studies.
In 2004, Kelly re-focused her education and experience to develop her practice as an Aesthetic Nurse Specialist. She joined Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery to provide a full complement of non-surgical aesthetic services such as facial injectables, laser and light therapy, body contouring, and skin care. Kelly was the first in Texas to perform the Injectable Threadlift.
As an Aesthetic Nurse Specialist for the past fifteen years, Kelly recognizes the value of specialty training. Her devotion to ongoing education led to Kelly’s current involvement as a clinical instructor with Aesthetic Advancements, Inc., a national resource for clinical instruction on nonsurgical aesthetic procedures, such as neurotoxins, dermal fillers, lasers and skin care. AAI offers group instruction to MDs PAs, RNs, and NPs across the country.
Kelly has had the opportunity to work alongside Dermatologist Dr. Shino Bay with advanced one on one injection training, as well as advanced cannula injection training with Dr. Jason Bloom, and Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Keith Marcus. She facilitated the Cadaver Lab Training at the Aesthetic Extender Symposium and gave a talk about utilizing combination treatments with lasers and injectables focusing on the makeup free beauty. She has also been a part of Allergan Medical Institute Illumination tour training with Dr. Arthur Swift and Dr. Steven Faigen.
Kelly is an Allergan Medical Institute (AMI) speaker and a National Trainer. She is a key opinion leader for SkinMedica and trainer. She was the clinical study coordinator for HA5 lip product from SkinMedica as well as the Colorscience PepUp concentrate. Kelly was also a part of the clinical study with Solta Medical facilitating the launch of their new Thermage body tip. She also serves as the Laser Safety Officer for Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery.
Kelly is one of only 100 practitioners nationally to become certified in the Medical Esthetic Field, giving her the title Medical Esthetic Professional-Certified (MEP-C). The American Academy of Medical Esthetic Professional (AAMEP) promotes the highest standard of practice in medical esthetic nursing and enhances professional growth through education and certification, scientific inquiry and research.
Kelly is a member of the American Academy of Medical Esthetic Professionals, the National Association of Professional Women, the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery, and the Texas Board of Nursing.
Kelly has been nominated as one of the top 100 ‘Best Aesthetic Injectors in America’ as determined by peer nominations and real patient votes. Honorees come from all over the country- RNs, NPs, PAs, & MDs who are demonstrating innovation, commitment and excellence in the medical aesthetics community.
Kelly Wala currently sees patients at our Westlake location.
Patient Testimonials For Kelly Wala
- “Kelly is amazing.” — Kim R. (June 12, 20120)
- “I was pleased with my conversation with the nurse and was very happy with my procedure — it was quick and painless!” — Elisa F. (June 5, 20120)
- “I really appreciate Kelly Wala’s professionalism, efficiency and technique. It was the most pleasant Botox treatment I have ever had. It was almost painless and almost invisible within minutes after treatment. Everything about the visit was very pleasant. Thanks for taking such good care of this first time client!” — Natasha M. (June 4, 20120)
- “Everyone at Westlake Dermatology is very warm and welcoming.” — Anita J. (March 11, 20120)
- “I always enjoy going to Westlake for procedures. It’s a very calm and serene enviornment. Yesterday Kelly Walla provided me with Ultherapy. With the new addition “laughing gas” the procedure is over before you know it.” — Cheryl F. (March 4, 20120)
- “The ladies at checkout are so sweet. Kelly and the rest of your staff are so welcoming and make you feel comfortable. You aren’t waiting 2 hours in the waiting room. I wish you could teach this to other providers. Kelly is a wonderful injector and looks to give you that natural and balanced appearance. She has such a great demeanor and creates such a relaxed environment.” — Jennifer N. (February 21, 20120)
- “Very pleased with everyting and the professionalism of the clinic and the staff…and the Pro-Nox service is a GAME CHANGER!! Thank you for offering it! I could have never done the Ultherapy without it. I have been afraid to do injections again after having a painful experience almost 10 years ago, but now I know I don’t have to suffer! Thank you Kelly and Westlake Dermatology! Looking forward to my next appointment for my injections!” — Deborah V. (January 31, 20120)
- “I really appreciated the honest feedback that was given to me.” — Laurie C. (December 10, 2019)
- “Kelly Walla was wonderful. I wasn’t quite sure on what procedure I needed. She was very thorough explaining her recommendation and I’m overly pleased with my results!” — Teresa C. (November 11, 2019)
- “Kelly and her associate are amazing. I feel like I am visiting friends, they are so compassionate and make you feel like a family member not a patient. They are both huge assets. I send any and everyone I know to them!” — Jennifer T. (October 30, 2019)
- “Kelly is amazing!!!” — Rosanne T. (September 6, 2019)
- “I’ve had a very good experience with your Westlake office every time I have visited or had a procedure.” — Monica S. (July 25, 2019)
- “Westlake Dermatology is amazing!!! I love that I feel so comfortable in your care! Kelly, Liz, Courtney and the whole staff are wonderful!!!” — Theresa G. (July 3, 2019)
- “I am very happy with my experience and will come back for sure!!” — Michelle T. (June 27, 2019)
- “Kelly is an AMAZING clinician. She makes every appointment an absolute joy, as does Lizzie. I am so thankful to have them there!” — Jennifer T. (June 12, 2019)
- “Kelly Wala is wonderful. She educated me on other procedures. She helped me figure out a product that would help with my aging neck. And suggested some great skin pads that exfoliate, treat and make your skin glow the next day. I’m looking forward to my Ultherapy results!” — Claire M. (May 22, 2019)
- “I saw Kelly Walla she is absolutely amazing, she injected my lips with Volbella and the look amazing!! No swelling or bruising. I also received botox and again no bruising. She and the staff at Westlake are very professional and so friendly. Everything was perfect!! I also love the fact that Kelly calls the next day to check on you after you procedure. I would highly recommend Kelly to anyone looking for injections or fillers, she really knows her stuff! She is highly educated and very knowledgeable about everything she does!!” — Stephanie F. (May 17, 2019)
- “Kelly does a wonderful job, both medically and socially! She is very kind and caring. She is very skilled with those injections!” — Cynthia J. (April 12, 2019)
- “My experiences are always wonderful!” — Theresa P. (January 30, 2019)
- “Love Kelly, the staff and the ladies at the front desk! Everyone is so helpful and kind.” — Peter W. (January 24, 2019)
- “It is great just the way it is. I have been getting derma filler from Kelly for ten years. I can say she is outstanding. She represents Westlake Dermatology as a shining example of skill and caring.” — Donna M. (January 22, 2019)
- “Liz and Kelly were wonderful for my coolsculpt consult!” — Chanda P. (January 16, 2019)
- “I always go to Kelly Wala for cosmetic procedures. I trust her completely for good advice and highly professional skills.
I’m always very warmly greeted when I go there so you feel at home.” — Cheryl N. (December 14, 2018)
- “Kelly always does a great job. I have recommended her to my friends.” — Julie S. (October 9, 2018)
- “Kelly is awesome!! Love her.” — Kim R. (November 5, 2018)
- “Ms. Kelly Wala did a really outstanding job. Very good nurse. Professional, courteous, kind.” — Omar R. (October 9, 2018)
- “My visit was was fantastic!” — Joan B. (June 24, 2018)
- “Kelly is extremely professional and talented.” — Robert B. (March 29, 2018)
- “I was very pleased with the entire experience. Kelly and assistant were happy to answer all of my questions. I did not feel rushed and I appreciate that they did not try to add on or suggest additional services or treatments.” — Heather B. (March 6, 2018)
- “It is a pleasure to interact with Kelly as she always makes time to listen and address my concerns. Her eye for detail and expertise, in both product knowledge and injection technique, have resulted in very remarkable, yet natural rejuvenation goals. Her nurse assistant is very thorough and makes me feel comfortable as well. They make an effective team!” — K.D.G. (November 15, 2017)
- “Such a great professional staff… from the front office ladies to the assistant to fabulous Nurse Kelly Wala… a class act!” — Connie P. (October 25, 2017)
- “Kelly is top notch, very talented!” — Alics L. (October 19, 2017)
- “Kelly is so awesome! She has helped me with a number of things and I really appreciate it!” — Juli E. (July 31, 2017)
- “Kelly Wala does wonderful work. I have a location much closer to where I live but I go to the Westlake location because I trust her!” — M.W. (June 10, 2017)
- “Been going to Kelly for years. She is super professional and attentive. Her skills are exemplary. Really like Kristi (her medical assistant) too. She is very pleasant and helps answer all my questions. Ladies at front desk are very pleasant.” — Martha L. (May 19, 2017)
- “This was my first visit to the Westlake office and it was by far one of the best experiences I have had with medical staff. Kelly is friendly, knowledgeable and very patient. She answered all my questions thoroughly. Thank you for making it such a great experience!!” — Maria C. (May 2, 2017)
- “Kelly Wala does beautiful work and is fun and friendly. If I could afford it, I would come more! Ha!” — Mary C. (February 24, 2017)
- “Everyone is professional, discreet, welcoming. Kelly makes you feel important, assured and let’s you know what to expect. Great follow up and information.” — Mary C. (January 31, 2017)
- “Everything was very positive and professional. Kelly has always been extremely kind and considerate of what I’m looking for. She’s skillful and I feel very secure in her hands.” — Jill P. (December 30, 2016)
- “Kelly is always so friendly and makes me feel that she truly cares. She takes the time to ask questions, listen and repeat back to me my procedure goals and what out come to expect. The front desk and medical assistant staff are very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful. Since I am on a tight budget, I do appreciate the Botox specials very much! Thank you Westlake Dermatology for making me feel special and beautiful!” — Robin B. (December 2, 2016)
- “None… everyone was wonderful, especially Kelly. I drive from Port A just to see her… she is amazing.” — Stephanie K. (November 17, 2016)
- “The staff at Westlake Dermatology is always so friendly and helpful. A pleasurable experience every visit.” — John D. (September 26, 2016)
- “Kelly is so talented and helpful.” — Alice L. (February 23, 2016)
- “Kelly is such an amazing professional. She makes me feel so comfortable. I totally trust her advice on injectables. She is a true artist!” — Emily C. (January 22, 2016)
- “Comfortable, caring, smiling, friendly, state of the art machines, professional” — Mary C. (January 14, 2016)
- “I love Westlake. I would recommend it to everyone in Austin.” — Bonnie L. (December 15, 2015)
- “Kelly is wonderful. I trust her completely with the decisions she and I make.” — Stephanie K. (July 10, 2015)
- “Had a great experience. Thank you.” — Deborah W. (July 1, 2015)
- “RN Kelly is efficient and does a great job with my Botox.” — Cindy B. (February 17, 2015)
- “After first visit you will never want to go anywhere else. Everyone was nice, professional and helpful. The facility is GORGEOUS! Kelly is amazing! I love my results and I’m so glad I chose Westlake Dermatology!!!” — Sherry G. (January 31, 2015)
- “Everyone is so professional, kind, and timely. A well oiled machine!!” — Susanne B. (January 30, 2015)
- “Very professional, Kelly is excellent at what she does.” — David R. (January 11, 2015)
- “I am so happy with Kelly…..so professional and more importantly, knows exactly what she’s doing….a master of her craft!!” — Jill P. (September 25, 2014)
- “I adore Kelly and would recommend her to anyone….” — Mary Kay H. (April 24, 2014)
- “Kelly is knowledgeable, skilled, and insightful. It is truly a pleasure to be her patient.” — Laura B. (March 21, 2014)
- “This location is very helpful and pleasant. I have been getting services for the last couple of years and would highly recommend Kelly. She is wonderful. She takes the time to answer questions and has always been transparent about what to expect with the services I have requested.” — Melinda W. (December 7, 2013)
- “The staff is very nice and Kelly was wonderful doing my Botox.” — Mary Kay H. (September 18, 2013)
- “Absolutely love Kelly Wala! I have been a loyal patient of hers for 8 years. She is incredibly charismatic, professional, knowledgeable and great at her job. I will be a patient of hers for life.” — Laura H. (September 5, 2013)
- “Every person involved in my appointment was extremely nice.” — Stephanie K. (January 30, 2013)
- “Kelly Wala has an incredible combination of technique, artistry and bedside manner. My experience today, as in previous appointments with her, was excellent. I appreciate the time Kelly takes to answer questions and listen to concerns. More importantly, she took proactive steps to minimize bruising, which I am prone to. Although Westlake Dermatology isn’t the cheapest in my area, the excellent care, superior service and beautiful results are well worth the expense.” — Amelia C. (January 15, 2013)
- “Kelly Wala is amazing! i have been a patient of hers for over 5 years. She is an expert at everything she does. She is professional but at the same time she makes you feel at ease. She is quick with her injections & makes them a breeze! Kelly answers all my questions & I completely trust her advice.” — Devona P. (October 25, 2012)
- “Kelly Wala is highly skilled as dermatological nurse. She knows exactly what injectables you need to improve your appearance, especially for anti-aging, and exactly where to place them and how much to use. I just had my 25 year anniversary at work, and at the dinner, many of the exec wives asked me my secret for looking so young! It was really nice to see how your services have slowed the aging process in my face!” — Traci C. (September 24, 2012)
- “Kelly is awesome!” — Martha L. (September 22, 2012)
- “Super, excellent job!!!!” — Alina R.
- “It was a great experience and appreciate the wonderful new products like Shinso. Everyone I met with was very good at explaining what was going to happen, the process, and what to expect. Thank you.” — Barbara B.
- “Kelly is such a great conversationalist that you don’t even feel the needle during Botox injections. I am so pleased with the results.” — Cindy B.
- “I love, love Kelly! She has always given me advice on what is needed to make me look my best.” — S S.
- “Kelly is outstanding!!” — Donna N.
- “Kelly was great and made me feel very comfortable.” — Lorena R.
- “Kelly was fantastic. Very friendly and professional. I highly recommend her.” — Karen J.