Minas Constantinides, MD, FACS
Dr. Constantinides sees patients at our South Austin location.
Dr. Minas Constantinides joined Westlake Dermatology in 2015 after practicing facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Manhattan, New York City for 21 years. Dr. Constantinides is double-board-certified in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery. He received his baccalaureate with honors in Biochemistry from Brown University and his M.D. from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons, then underwent specialty training at Harvard in general surgery and at NYU in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
Dr. Constantinides completed his fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Toronto, then joined the full time faculty in the Department of Otolaryngology at NYU Medical Center in 1994. He was Director of the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from 1994 to 2012, and Director of NYU’s facial plastic surgery fellowship program from 1999 to 2014. In 2012, Dr. Constantinides moved his successful practice to the Upper East Side of Manhattan before deciding to relocate to Austin. He currently serves as Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery & Perioperative Care at Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin.
Dr. Constantinides has published 61 scientific articles and book chapters focusing on facial plastic surgery and is a sought-after lecturer at national and international meetings for his expertise in rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty. He has been the co-director of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery’s (AAFPRS’) biannual Advances in Rhinoplasty course twice. Dr. Constantinides is deeply committed to international and domestic pro bono projects. In 2010 he received the Community Service Award from the AAFPRS acknowledging his successful pro bono surgical missions to Vietnam, India and South America.
Dr. Constantinides Discusses Rhinoplasty on KVUE News
Dr. Constantinides was elected to the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) in 2008. Currently he serves on the Executive Committee of the AAFPRS as Secretary. He has been a Director and board-examiner of the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery since 2009.
Dr. Constantinides has received the following recognition:
- Listed as one of the top doctors in New York by Castle Connolly, New York Magazine, Town and Country, and in facial plastic surgery industry publications
- Selected to be in Castle Connolly’s exclusive list of “America’s Top Doctors: 2016”
- Listed as a Top Doctor in Austin Monthly magazine (in the category of Otolaryngology) in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Featured in this New York Times article in 2015
Born in Thessaloniki, Greece, Dr. Constantinides immigrated with his family when he was only one year old and grew up in Rhode Island. He is fluent in Greek and Spanish, with a good understanding of Portuguese, having lived in Chile and Brazil as a young teen.
Dr. Constantinides Discusses Facelift Procedures On KXAN News
Dr. Constantinides is married with three sons. His wife and oldest son graduated from University of Texas in Austin. While visiting Austin for football and father-son fraternity weekends, Dr. Constantinides fell in love with the area. With his family’s strong encouragement, Dr. Constantinides sought out and found the perfect practice match with Westlake Dermatology. He and his family enjoy the more relaxed, outdoor lifestyle that Austin offers compared with Manhattan.
Dr. Constantinides’ practice is limited to plastic and cosmetic surgery of the face and neck. He is internationally renowned in rhinoplasty and complicated revision rhinoplasty, but enjoys every aspect of facial plastic surgery including facelifts, eyelid lifts, brow lifts, necklifts, cosmetic injections and reconstructive surgery of the face. Dr. Constantinides has performed over 2,500 rhinoplasties and revision rhinoplasties in his 21 years in practice, and over 6,000 surgical procedures on the face. Most important for him is that his patients feel well-cared for and are happy with their results. He has consistently had over 95% satisfaction rates from his patients and their families during his years in practice.
PATIENT TESTIMONIALS FOR DR. CONSTANTINIDES
- “Dr. Constantinides is very personable , warm and an excellent Physician.” — Ana W. (November 14, 2018)
- “Everybody was exceptionally kind. Offering water, making me feel comfortable, the Dr. was on time. I did come in for one thing and ended up handling something different. At this point, I can’t make any thing more enjoyable.” — Deann P. (October 1, 2018)
- “Everyone I came in contact with was very professional and pleasant during our interaction.” — Sharon H. (March 27, 2018)
- “I had a wonderful experience.” — Ashleigh M. (January 25, 2018)
- “Dr. Minas Constantinides was great!” — Olivia A. (December 16, 2017)
- “Dr. C and the staff were all friendly & professional!” — Vanessa E. (December 16, 2017)
- “Dr. Constantinites is the nicest and most thoughrough doctor I have ever seen. He is very personable, kind and intelligent. He really wants to get to the bottom of things to make sure that the surgical outcome is good. I’ve already given 6 people his name.” — Karen B. (December 11, 2017)
- “Dr. Constatinides was excellent & took his time to make sure I understood everything!!!” — Joann G. (November 28, 2017)
- “My overall experience with Westlake Dermatology was excellent. The front desk coordinators were pleasant and knowledgeable. The medical staff were extremely attentive, provided detailed information on all available products (including the pros-cons of each), step-by-step of what to expect during my visit, and such a warm and welcoming environment. Before I realized it, they were done… Effortlessly and pain free. Thank you, Dr. C & Alison, RN – you guys were wonderful!” — Maria T. (October 10, 2017)
- “I was very happy with my surgery and experience with Dr. C. If I ever choose any other cosmetic procedures in the future I will definitely choose Westlake Dermatology.” — Liz B. (September 12, 2017)
- “Your staff was very warm and welcoming. Lauren, the medical assistant, was very easy to work with and did an excellent job going over all the necessary information and answering my questions. From the moment Dr. C came in I knew I was in good hands and I look forward to working with him. Thank you for the great experience from start to finish!” — Bethany S. (August 9, 2017)
- “I attended Dr. Constantinides Spanish presentation and it was outstanding!!!” — Lorena M. (June 10, 2017)
- “All the staff and Dr. C did an excellent job in helping us. THANK YOU!!” — Julia P. (June 10, 2017)
- “Excellent care.” — John I. (June 10, 2017)
- “I came here for a very simple procedure and the nurse could tell I was still very nervous. She held my hand the entire time and kept me distracted. Afterwards Dr. C. stayed in the room until I felt comfortable again to stand. They couldn’t have been more supportive and helpful.” — Cora W. (May 10, 2017)
- “Dr. Constantinides is amazing, professional, friendly, and very caring. He is a blessing.” — Olga S. (April 26, 2017)
- “Dr. Constantinides is an excellent surgeon. I had broken and lacerated my nose last April and was left with bone fragments and poor breathing. Cosmetically he also performed a blepharplasty and a revision of the tip of my nose. I am 3 months post surgery and am very satisfied with the results!” — Lisa E. (March 9, 2017)
- “Dr. Constantinides is a warm and very caring physician, who is able to truly hear and address your concerns. The staff are also very attentive to your needs. My experience has been excellent.” — Paula U. (February 25, 2017)
- “Love Dr. C! When I ask for conservative, that’s what he does. Excellent Doctor!” — Jody P. (February 12, 2017)
- “I have recommended a couple people to Dr C. Everyone in the office is great. We have been very happy with the outcome of our procedures. We consider Alyson, Elena and Dr C. friends.” — Karen B. (November 5, 2016)
- “My first visit exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to my treatments.” — Wilma G. (November 4, 2016)
- “Dr. Constantinides and Justina were very knowledgeable, friendly and took time to answer questions. Enjoyed my consultation. Thank you. “ — Ginger I. (October 19, 2016)
- “I wish I could think of some suggestion to improve on my experience. I cannot. It is always a pleasure, even if the recovery is sometimes challenging. Dr. C is fabulous.” — Abigail T. (October 8, 2016)
- “My husband and I were very impressed with Dr. Constantinides. The high degree of professionalism shown made us feel very comfortable in pursuing future treatment. In addition, the nurse and other staff members were very warm and welcoming.” — Paula U. (September 28, 2016)
- “Y’all are great! I may not be the typical Westlake Derm patient but I am never made to feel uncomfortable or inappropriate. In fact, everyone at this office seems to enjoy interacting with all the patients and it makes my experience much more enjoyable. Thank you.” — Nicole L. (September 23, 2016)
- “I am highly impressed with Dr. Constantinides’ skill, demeanor, knowledge and gentleness during injections. Dr. C brings a new level of professionalism to south Austin and had raised the bar.” — Jodi M. (May 21, 2016)
- “This was my first procedure (injections) at WD. Jenna was really friendly, Allison (Dr C’s nurse) was very nice helped calm my nerves. Doctor C was very informative and did a good job, told me what to expect and to watch out for. I’m excited to see results in few days-even in the office my nose looked pretty good.” — Lisa G. (May 21, 2016)
- “I had upper and lower eyelid surgery performed, and an interesting side-effect is, my eyes are able to ‘process’ more light, because my eyes are open more fully. The result is, I am able to see better! Sunglasses are now ‘de riguer’, but for having better optical resolution, I’ll TAKE it.” — Stephen V. (May 19, 2016)
- “Thank you, so VERY much, Westlake Dermatology South Austin!!! I truly felt heard with my concerns and my needs! That quality seems to be fairly rare these days. Thank you for working with me so that I could receive stellar care! Thank you for going above and beyond my expectations to make me feel truly cared for! Thank you Dr. C! Thank you to the staff there!! Namaste” — Shelley W. (May 19, 2016)
- “I went to Dr. Constantinides with a request for him to fix some problems with filler I got somewhere else. I was concerned he wouldn’t want to fix someone else’s work. But he was up for it 🙂 He used vitrase to remove the previous filler and, while I was puffy yesterday, I woke up just thrilled today. We have another step or two but I am already much happier with my face. It’s been a long time of waiting for this to resolve itself and go away and Dr. C made it better in 3 minutes!” — Joanne (March 5, 2016)
- “The whole experience was awesome! The entire staff was kind, friendly and helpful. Justina was so sweet, easy to talk with, and very knowledgeable about the different procedures and options available. Dr. Constantinides took the time to come in and talk to me about what he thought would best address the issues I have and made feel good and comfortable about moving ahead with surgery.” — Debbie D. (January 29, 2016)
- “Thank you so much for a wonderful experience at Westlake Dermatology! It was so comforting to know I was in the good hands of such experienced and caring professionals. You all made me feel comfortable, calm and prepared for my surgery. I could not have asked for a better experience. I am almost 4 weeks post-op and just had my follow-up (thanks Dr. C). I am feeling and looking great!” — Barbara T. (January 27, 2016)
- “Loved Dr. C and Alyson! The fact that they called to check up on me was so sweet!” — Erika G. (December 10, 2015)