Neil Farnsworth, MD
Dr. Neil Farnsworth is a board-certified dermatologist with longstanding ties to the Houston area. He grew up in New Orleans, graduated from Harvard University, and later earned his MD at Baylor College of Medicine where he first fell in love with the diversity of challenges found in dermatology. Following Hurricane Katrina, Dr. Farnsworth moved back to New Orleans for his dermatological residency, where he got an invaluable education in the consequences of prolonged lack of access to regular, preventative medical care.
Dr. Farnsworth believes in a comprehensive approach to dermatology, with a special emphasis on regular maintenance of the skin’s health through sun-protection, use of the proper personal care products, and vigilance against potential assaults such as infections, skin cancers, and autoimmune disease. He also believes in an approach to cosmetics emphasizing restraint and a goal for a healthy, vibrant, and natural look.
Dr. Farnsworth’s interests include festivals and hiking, and in 2019 he achieved a lifelong goal of hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, “limping over the finish line” of Mt. Katahdin, Maine in late September.
He is thrilled to be back in Houston and joining the Westlake Dermatology mission to serve your cosmetic and medical dermatological needs.
Dr. Farnsworth in the Media
- Culture Map Houston (August 2022) – Face the Scorching Houston Summer Sun With These Tips From Local Skin Care Experts
- City Lifestyle Houston (May 2022) – Happier And Healthier Skin At Any Age
Book OnlineNeil Farnsworth, MD
Testimonials about Dr. Farnsworth
- “Dr. Farnsworth was terrific. I have a situation that requires asking excellent questions to diagnose the issue. He took lots of time and made sure I had all the information before I left. We are working together to get my issue resolved.” — Marsha W. (September 13, 2022)
- “Dr. Farnsworth was super kind and caring! Helped me understand my concerns and was able to get me in and out quickly and efficiently!” — Ashley M. (September 13, 2022)
- “Dr. Farnsworth made the visit pleasant going straight to the problem and discussing all possibilities and treatment options. Straight to the point works very well for me. At the same time he answered all my questions in detail. Succinct but all details covered.” — April M. (September 9, 2022)
- “Love it when the office have easy access to parking. The Front Desk staff was very pleasant and Dr. Neil Farnsworth was very professional and knowledgeable, I won’t hesitate to let my friends and family know my great experience with Westlake Dermatology.” — Noelia S. (August 22, 2022)
- “Dr. Farnsworth and his staff are just amazing ! When I called to make my appointment the front office staff was very kind and helpful. When I arrived I was greeted with smiling faces by the front desk staff and in return I felt very relaxed and welcomed. Dr. Farnsworth was very kind, concerned with me getting relief, honest and upfront (no sugar coating), and explained everything in great detail. I didn’t feel rushed during my appointment and he even gave me a hand written list with my after visit instructions. I mean I was just blown away with the service I received! I have been in the medical field for 17 years and this type of care is hard to find. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have found this office.” — Jennifer G. (July 21, 2022)
- “Very kind staff, Dr. Farnsworth was very informative and took care to explain everything he was prescribing.” — Catriona L. (July 18, 2022)