Sally Matika, MPAS, PA-C
Sally Matika, MPAS, PA-C, is a certified physician assistant licensed by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants. She obtained her Masters in Physician Assistant studies from Eastern Virginia Medical School. There she received the PAragon Award which is presented annually to a student practitioner for outstanding clinical excellence. Her passion for dermatology began with her first career as a licensed medical aesthetician in cosmetic dermatology. She worked for many years as a medical aesthetician where she gained extensive aesthetic and laser experience. Sally is originally from the Midwest where she earned her Bachelor of Science from Grand Valley State University.
Prior to joining the Westlake family she specialized in Plastic Surgery where she fine-tuned her surgical skills as first assist in microsurgery cases. Sally has continued to grow her cosmetic aesthetic knowledge through conferences and hands on training with experts in the field.
Sally takes pride in continuing education and providing excellent patient care. Along with her extensive training with her attending, Dr. Geddes-Bruce, she is also enrolled in the Diplomate Fellowship through the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
On her free time she is an avid foodie, who loves to travel the world, and enjoys all things outdoors!
Testimonials from Sally’s Patients
- “Sally at the Far West location is such a delightfully, empathetic, and thorough provider. I hope she continues with Westlake Dermatology because I want to come back to see her regularly!” — Sarah Y. (September 25, 2020)
- “Everyone was so kind and personable and made sure that I was comfortable and had any questions or concerns addressed!” — Laura M. (September 21, 2020)
- “I love each visit and actually look forward to them. Sally is such a joy and extremely personable. You can tell she truly cares about her patients. I just recommended a friend of mine to go see her!” — Dana S. (September 10, 2020)
- “Sally, the provider, is fabulous! Will already come back to her. So professional, comforting and accommodating.” — Stephanie G. (September 4, 2020)
- “Sally was incredibly friendly and professional, and made me feel at ease. Everyone, from the front desk to the nurse tech were all super nice, and the overall experience was one of calmness and professionalism. Also, super clean!!” — Samuel D. (August 20, 2020)
- “Sally was wonderful — she did beautiful work on my Botox and then made suggestions about additional treatments and got me scheduled that next week. Your front desk staff was very professional and reminded me to use my Brilliant Distinctions points which saved me over $150 that visit. I drive in from Driftwood to Far West for my treatments and will continue to do so.” — Christina O. (August 19, 2020)
- “PA very nice, informative/knowledgeable and thorough. Her assistant was great too! Will definitely be back.” — Kasey L. (July 27, 2020)
- “I had a great visit. Thank you so much!” — Emily T. (July 23, 2020)
- “Sally is highly professional, thorough, and also very personable! Great experience from start to finish. I had sent my husband for an appointment a couple of weeks prior and he had the same stellar experience with her. Absolutely recommend.” — Stephanie H. (July 10, 2020)
- “It was a great, friendly team!” — Teva W. (June 26, 2020)
- “A very friendly, yet professional staff makes for an enjoyable experience!” — Grant J. (June 24, 2020)
- “Very pleasant experience. Knowledgeable staff. Beautiful setting.” — Julie A. (June 8, 2020)
- “I am extremely satisfied with my visit!” — Shelley E. (June 8, 2020)
- “It was a great visit. All of the staff were really supportive and we love Sally.” — Anthony H. (June 3, 2020)
- “I was so nervous about going in for a mole check but it was sooo easy. The receptionists were friendly and and kind and warm. The decor in the office was relaxing and modern; not stark and clinical and stuffy like a lot of medical offices. Immediately made me feel at peace. Who knew that would make such a difference? Sally was so upbeat and lovely. She was so calming. I was in and out in 10 minutes and didn’t feel ANYTHING during my biopsy. Sally explained the next steps and I left feeling confident that even if something comes up in the biopsy I am in good hands.” — Jimena G. (March 6, 2020)
- “Sally Matika is amazing! She took the time to really listen to me explain how my acne is affecting my confidence and self esteem. How my skin and hormones have changed and she doesn’t just treat the symptoms. She builds a relationship with you. You aren’t just another patient with another problem. We are making progress and she has changed my life! I’m so thankful for her and Westlake Dermatology.” — Dana S. (February 28, 2020)
- “So thankful for WLD. Love the location and appreciate the personable interaction!” — Holly S. (February 26, 2020)
- “Sally and staff at WD are always fantastic.” — Misty M. (February 3, 2020)
- “Everything was great; 10 times better than other dermatology offices I’ve visited.” — Clari B. (December 19, 2019)
- “Sally was AMAZING!” — Jennifer B. (December 17, 2019)
- “Thanks for everything y’all do, I haven’t had more professional and supportive doctors and nurses in years.” — Jacob G. (November 26, 2019)
- “I appreciated how thorough the staff was when explaining my condition and possible ways to treat it. I’ve experienced 15-minute appointments where I didn’t feel heard. I felt understood here and not rushed. Thank you!” — Mikayla G. (November 7, 2019)
- “My visit was really enjoyable. Everything was perfect and everyone was really nice, especially Elsie and Sally. Definitely will be coming back!!” — Erica S. (October 10, 2019)
- “Sally has been amazing. This was my 1st time doing coolsculpting. She took time to explain everything and was very patient with my questions. I will highly recommend her to my friends and family.” — Julia D. (September 16, 2019)
- “My entire experience was amazing.” — Whitney L. (August 24, 2019)
- “Great place to go too! Staff is friendly throughout the process and P.A. Sally Matika is really great! She hears out your concerns and makes sure that what ever you are dealing with is treated properly and adjusts medical treatments depending on your results. You can tell she truly cares about her patients! Glad I was able to find this place! Would recommend to anyone to come here.” — Aaron C. (August 20, 2019)