Tatiana Sousa, MD
Dr. Tatiana Sousa is a board certified dermatologist who completed her undergraduate degree in biology at the College of St. Elizabeth in Morristown, New Jersey. She earned her medical degree and completed her internal medicine internship at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX. Dr. Sousa went on to complete her dermatology residency at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio, where she served as chief resident in her final year.
In addition to her education, Dr. Sousa is a proud member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Texas Dermatological Society, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society and the Houston Dermatological Society.
Dr. Sousa was drawn to dermatology while performing pediatric inpatient rotations in medical school. Her immediate interest led her to pursue additional courses in dermatology and volunteer at Camp Discovery — a week-long camp dedicated to children with chronic skin conditions. “It was then that I knew I wanted to be a dermatologist,” she says.
Dr. Sousa enjoys seeing patients of all ages. She is passionate about improving her patients’ medical conditions while simultaneously building their self-esteem and confidence. She finds it truly rewarding to be able to detect and treat a variety of skin cancers both medically and surgically. What Dr. Sousa enjoys most about being a dermatologist is the ability to make a positive impact in her patients’ day to day lives.
In her free time, Dr. Sousa enjoys scuba diving, traveling, cooking, baking and spending time with her family. She also continues to volunteer and serve as medical staff at Camp Discovery every summer.
Dr. Sousa currently sees patients at our South Austin location.
TESTIMONIALS ABOUT DR. SOUSA:
- “Your manners, service and procedures were outstanding.” — Robert K. (December 15, 2019)
- “Everyone was awesome & pleasant! There no need for change. Thank you so much. See you soon.” — Jon L. (December 6, 2019)
- “Able to get a next day appointment as a new patient. Everyone was very professional and friendly!” — Jonathan S. (November 25, 2019)
- “An important consideration for me is the time I wait to see the doctor after the scheduled time and after I am in the exam room. Both of these times were minimal during my visit.” — Bruce B. (November 18, 2019)
- “You all were fantastic!! I felt a little woozy after and Dr. Sousa and her assistant were so kind and caring. I felt like I was in phenomenal hands. I proceeded to grab a ton of cards and handed them out to a ton of people I work with. Get ready for client overload :)” — Jordan B. (November 18, 2019)
- “Office seems to run very efficiently, the fastest I have ever had the actual physician enter the room!” — Jennifer G. (October 5, 2019)
- “Everything went as I had hoped. All my questions and concerns were addressed or answered. Every person I interacted with was super friendly. This will be the place I go for future dermatology issues.” — Daniel S. (September 30, 2019)
- “Dr. Sousa and her nurse Jessica were fantastic!! Our entire experience was pleasant and we will be back and recommend Westlake Dermatology to our friends. Thank you!” — Summer S. (September 26, 2019)
- “Visiting this office is always a pleasant experience! Dr. Sousa is both professional and friendly! She made me feel comfortable and at ease.” — Vanessa E. (September 24, 2019)
- “Great visit. Very knowledgeable!” — Sedrik S. (September 23, 2019)
- “It was a really good experience for a situation that I was nervous about prior to arriving. I don’t think you could do anything different to make me happier…it was nice.” — Denise P. (September 12, 2019)
- “Everything was great.” — Kim H. (July 18, 2019)
- “Very friendly staff! Everyone was so welcoming.” — Gabriella G. (June 8, 2019)
- “Love it here!” — Leah K. (May 24, 2019)
- “Everyone was so friendly and I felt very comfortable. Also really felt like the nurse and doctor listened to my concerns. They were thorough during my appointment and made sure I had a clear understanding of everything. I will definitely be back and recommend anyone I know to come here.” — Janice W. (April 19, 2019)