Lindsey Richards, MD
Lindsey Richards, M.D. is a board certified dermatologist with experience in adult and pediatric medical dermatology, skin cancer management, and cosmetic and procedural dermatology. Dr. Richards is passionate about patient education and helping her patients feel like their best self.
Dr. Richards earned her doctorate of medicine from Texas A&M College of Medicine, where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and chosen to serve as an equal member on the admissions committee for all four years. After medical school and internship, she completed her dermatology residency at Columbia University – New York Presbyterian in Manhattan, serving as the Chief resident in her final year. She has authored many publications and book chapters and presented at grand rounds and national meetings.
Prior to medical school, Dr. Richards completed her undergraduate degree in fashion design and business at the University of Texas at Austin. Shortly thereafter, she moved to Manhattan where she enjoyed a successful career in the corporate fashion industry before discovering her true passion in medicine.
Dr. Richards is dedicated to providing the highest standard of care to her patients using the most current treatments. She believes that skin care should be safe, simple, practical, and evidence based. She is equally passionate about medical dermatology such as psoriasis, autoimmune conditions, acne, atopic dermatitis, and melanoma as she is in enhancing a patient’s natural beauty using neuromodulators, fillers, and lasers.
Dr. Richards is a member of various medical organizations, including the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS), Texas Dermatological Society, Texas Medical Association, and Travis County Medical Society.
In her spare time, she loves spending time with her husband, two daughters, and her extended family. She enjoys seeing the world, gardening, renovating homes, doing yoga, eating tacos and migas, water skiing and other outdoor activities. She is an avid reader and loves learning new things, most recently learning how to play the clarinet again. She is thrilled to be back in Austin with the opportunity to treat Lakeway and surrounding communities!
Patient Testimonials for Dr. Richards
- “Dr. Richards is a gem!!!!” — Carolyn W. (March 10, 2020)
- “Thank you for the outstanding service.” — John D. (February 29, 2020)
- “Good experience. Knowledgeable doctor. I will go back again.” — Carolyn L. (February 24, 2020)
- “Peace of mind to find a medical dermatologist after moving to our new home! Dr Richards and her staff very helpful and knowledgeable. Received so much information and everything was fully explained for today and moving forward!” — Clifton S. (February 7, 2020)
- “My first appointment with Dr Richards was outstanding. She was very informed
about EF/Morphea plus very professional/friendly.” — Kathleen L. (February 3, 2020)
- “Honestly, I can’t think of anything that could’ve made the experience any more comfortable for me. The thought of someone cutting on my face, was tough for me. Everyone did everything they could to make it ok, and put my mind at ease.” — Brad D. (January 28, 2020)
- “My visit was fantastic, I can’t say enough about how great I was treated by everyone that I made contact with. They made me feel as if they have known me for years.” — Fernando G. (December 13, 2019)
- “Great experience with the front desk and I really like Dr. Richards!! Thanks guys” — Charlotte M. (December 4, 2019)
- “Dr Richards is AWESOME !!!!!” — Barry W. (December 3, 2019)
- “We love Dr. Richards.” — Gracie B. (November 14, 2019)
- “My experience was very good and the team did a fantastic job.” — Christopher L. (November 5, 2019)
- “Great visit! Dr. Lindsey Richards is excellent!!” — Sarah D. (October 3, 2019)