Houston’s Chemical Peel Experts
Chemical peels are topically applied formulas that address a variety of cosmetic issues including acne, acne scarring, sun damage, blotchiness, fine line, wrinkles, and enlarged pore size. Chemical peels enhance the skin through controlled cellular turnover. Older, surface level skin is shed to reveal fresh and youthful underlying skin. Chemical peels can range in strength and can be tailored to address individualized patient needs.
Houston Locations: We offer a variety of chemical peel options in Houston at our West University and River Oaks locations. Peel treatments are formulated and applied by a Board Certified Dermatologist with advanced cosmetic and medical dermatology training.
Professional vs. At Home (DIY) Chemical Peels
Many at-home and professional chemical peels are based on similar active ingredients like glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and alpha hydroxyl acid. The difference between the two lies in peel strength or concentration. DIY peels are less powerful and superficial, providing minimal results. Professional peels are highly concentrated with powerful peeling agents. In-office peels target deeper layers of the dermis to provide more dramatic results.
Peel Treatments at Westlake Dermatology Houston
At Westlake Dermatology we know chemical peels need to be as individualized as the needs and skin characteristics of our patients. That’s why all peel treatments at our Houston locations are developed and performed by a Board Certified Dermatologist.
All peel treatments start with an in-office consultation, allowing our dermatologists to assess the individual characteristics of your skin and understand your desired end result. A customized peel will be developed based on patient need and applied to the skin in our office. Treatment time can vary depending on patient need. Depending on peel strength some patients may experience some redness and sensitivity. However, most patients can return to normal daily activities directly following treatment.
Our Houston Locations
Houston, Texas 77027
Houston, Texas 77005
Meet Our Houston Dermatologists
- Neil Farnsworth, MD: Dr. Neil Farnsworth is a board-certified dermatologist. He grew up in New Orleans, graduated from Harvard University, and earned his MD at Baylor College of Medicine where he first fell in love with the diversity of challenges found in dermatology.
- Quynh-Giao Sartor, MD: Dr. Quynh-Giao Sartor is a board-certified dermatologist. Dr. Sartor is passionate about treating the common symptoms of aging, from wrinkles to sagging skin. She received in-depth training in the administration of chemical peels, facials, and other in-office topical treatments.
Request A Chemical Peel Consultation in Houston
Additional Resources on Chemical Peels
- Types of Chemical Peels: Which Peel Is Right for Me?
- Professional vs. At-Home Chemical Peels: What’s The Difference?
- How Much Do Chemical Peels Cost?
- Chemical Peels – Post Procedure Care Instructions
- How Chemical Peels Work: Common Peeling Agents
- What Are The Differences Between Chemical Peels?
- Considering Dermabrasion? Read This First!