Kevin Flynn, MD received his Doctor of Medicine degree at Mayo Medical School in Rochester, Minnesota in 1976. Following his degree, Dr. Flynn completed an internship and residency with Baylor College of Medicine in Houston training in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology. He then trained at the University of Minnesota, where he also completed his fellowships in both Clinical Dermatology and Dermatopathology. Dr. Flynn also received a Masters of Science degree at the University of Minnesota. He then did a year-long Mohs Surgery Fellowship under Fredrick Mohs in Madison, Wisconsin.
Dr. Flynn has practiced dermatology in various locations, mostly academic including the University of Pittsburgh Medical School, prior to arriving in Austin in 1999.
Dr. Flynn is Board Certified in four specialties: Dermatology and Dermatopathology by the American Board of Dermatology, and Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatopathology. Dr. Flynn has published numerous scientific articles and book chapters. He has a special interest in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer.
Four years in a row, Dr. Flynn was selected as a Texas Super Doctor. This honor is presented to only the top five percent of doctors in Texas. Super Doctors are selected through peer nominations, a blue ribbon panel review process and independent research on candidates.
Dr. Flynn sees patients at our North Austin location.
Testimonials for Dr. Flynn
- “I have been a patient for 3 years now and I have always appreciated the personal respect and greeting from the office staff, to the great care and concern from the nurses, and of course, the awesome Dr. Flynn!” — Roger P. (September 5, 2014)
- “Dr. Flynn explained thing very clearly and gave me some practical advise as well. He went beyond the scope of my original appt. and ended up discovering an area he felt should be biopsied. I am very thankful for that.” — Anne L. (August 8, 2014)
- “I’ve been a patient of Dr. Flynn’s for over 10 years. He is thorough and caring. His staff is great, especially Renata. The office seems to run well – it is rare to have to wait past your appointment time. I have recommended Dr. Flynn to several people.” — Val C. (June 11, 2014)
- “Dr. Flynn, Renata, and Fritz provided excellent care and consistent follow-ups while I completed my Accuatane regimen. They gave great advice and helped me navigate my private health insurance for the best value. I’m so pleased with the outcome of my treatment and the professionalism of the staff. Thank you all!” — Blade B. (June 4, 2015)
- “It is very nice when the assistant and physician tell you exactly what they are doing. I was laying on my stomach for a procedure and couldn’t really see anything. It was reassuring when they told me what was happening. Making sure I was ok, and it made me feel better vs. someone just coming in and not saying a word.” — Heather A. (May 20, 2014)
- “I drive 1.5 hours one-way to visit Doctor Flynn each year. I truly appreciate his proactive method of care. I have recommended Dr. Flynn, your products and the folks at Westlake Dermatology to many friends and family! I really appreciate the product discount days and the prompt service I always receive. Unless you can do something about the increasingly busy Austin traffic situation, I can’t think of an improvement to suggest!” — Loraine O. (May 19, 2014)
- “Great experience!” — Bill A. (March 25, 2014)
- “Dr. Flynn is an incredible doctor, always professional, friendly, caring, and very thorough. The very friendly staff makes the visits enjoyable! I would recommend Dr. Flynn and staff to anybody.” — John M. (March 13, 2014)
- “We are very happy with Dr. Flynn, Fritz and Renata. They are all first class at what they do.” — Dana S. (December 21, 2013)
- “Dr. Flynn is an excellent Dermatologist. I highly recommend and trust him.” — Jim L. (December 11, 2013)
- “The staff has always been professional and friendly. Dr Flynn is always to the point and addresses any concerns I have. This is my 3rd visit and I am very comfortable with them.” — Stewart M. (November 5, 2013)
- “Everything was great! Prompt scheduling. Very minimum wait time, didn’t have to wait in the office for eternity to see the doctor. Dr, Flynn was excellent and helpful. Assistant was great. And a happy atmosphere.” — Charles M. (October 9, 2013)
- “I always get great professional and fast service. I have recommended Dr. Flynn several times.” — Carol D. (September 11, 2013)
- “Excellent patient care and considerations. Completely at ease.” — Richard E. (September 9, 2013)
- “I am very pleased with every aspect of my visit. Every person on the staff with whom I had contact was extremely professional, but in a friendly and welcoming way. Dr. Flynn and his nurse, Renata are very knowledgeable and answered all my questions as well as offering much good advice on skin care. I will surely recommend this office to my friends and family. Thank you.” — MaryJo Z. (May 28, 2013)
- “The medical treatment at Westlake is always excellent. Appointment times are always kept by the staff. Dr. Flynn shows real concern for and great knowledge of my skin-related issues. Dr. Flynn’s associate Renata is clearly well-trained and well-experienced.” — Edward S. (April 4, 2013)
- “I like the friendly, professional way I’m treated here. I like Dr. Flynn’s direct, straightforward way of advising and treating me. No BS, just the facts, with a touch of dry humor.” — Ronald E. (February 26, 2013)
- “I have been a patient of Dr. Flynn’s for several years. I always appreciate his professionalism, his attention to my concerns and well being, his explanations. His staff is always very courteous and professional. I appreciate the fact that he and his staff are very punctual too.” — Ella E. (February 18, 2013)
- “I really enjoy Dr. Flynn. Takes great care of me.” — Jerry H. (January 17, 2013)
- “You run a great operation. Dr. Flynn is a terrific doctor. My daughters are now also patients and we receive terrific care.” — Eric G. (January 8, 2013)
- “Great service !!” — JL C. (November 19, 2012)
- “From when I walked into the office until I left, I could not have received better treatment and care. This has been so every time I have been there. Thanks.” — Rick F. (October 30, 2012)
- “I felt that the staff and doctors are very efficient.” — Jack P. (October 25, 2012)
- “You do an excellent job of making things all better for me. I’ve been in some scary situations and you all have gone above and beyond to make me OK. Flynn, Fritz & Renata…don’t know what I’d do without you!” — Dana S. (October 9, 2012)
- “The staff is very friendly, and Dr. Flynn is great – he addresses any issues, provides recommendations for preventive care, and has a great bedside manner. I didn’t have to wait long to be seen from my appointment time despite a busy waiting room. I really appreciate how you email and text me appointment reminders. Keep up the great level of service and care.” — Brandon A. (September 5, 2012)
- “Dr Flynn has been my dermatologist for 15 years. He is an excellent physician as well as a very nice person. His assisting nurse is fantastic.” — Paul P. (June 22, 2012)
- “The friendliest staff and doctor I have been to. Great personalities and always smiling.” — Phillip W. (June 12, 2012)
- “Dr. Flynn is a no-nonsense guy that tells it like it is. He knows about what he speaks. I would gladly recommend him to anyone that I know.” — Sam W.
- “prompt, professional, courteous” — John W.
- “I am a patient of Dr. Flynn, and I have been in two times with two different cases requiring treatment. He is very quick and punctual, and the two prescriptions he has prescribed me are working wonderfully. He also gives me extra tips on how to maintain and protect my skin for future reference, which is a nice plus because I learn something new every time I visit!” — Sophie R.
- “It was absolutely the best experience I could have imagined! Prompt, too! I am so very happy with how you all dealt with everything!!!! You guys are great!!!!! So very honest and knowledgeable and reasonable!” — Ingrid E.
- “I have been seeing Dr Flynn for many years, even before he joined Westlake Dermatology. I really like the way he works and takes time to talk to me when I have an appointment with him.” — Paul P.
- “I enjoy and trust Dr. Flynn and would not consider going to anyone else. I currently live in Odessa and very willingly take the time and make the effort to see him and his staff.” — Karen K.
- “I’ve been going here for a couple of years. Always see the same doctor, same nurse. Treatment is friendly, straight forward with no sugar coating, just the facts and to the point. Service the way I like it.” — Ronald E.
- “Dr. Flynn takes time to explain everything he does. I have total confidence in his talent!” — Verity D.
- “Dr. Flynn….very thorough.” — Ken R.