At Westlake Dermatology Houston, our plastic surgeon and dermatologists are highly trained in both surgical and non-surgical body contouring, helping patients achieve their body goals. Using the latest technology and techniques, our body contouring treatments safely and effectively tighten, tone, and contour the body.
Body contouring procedures can be performed to counteract the effects of pregnancy, weight fluctuations (significant weight gain or loss) and natural aging. Some people are able to stay in shape through a balanced diet and exercise. For others, diet and exercise just isn’t enough. Body contouring treatments can safely and effectively help by removing unwanted fat and sagging skin.
We’re proud to offer the latest body contouring treatments in Houston at River Oaks and West University locations.
Surgical Body Contouring
Undergoing surgery is a big decision, but the physicians at Westlake Dermatology are highly skilled in delivering quick and long-term results to patients seeking an effective body contouring solution.
- Liposuction: A minimally invasive surgery that utilizes a small cannula to suction out unwanted body fat. Tumescent liposuction targets pockets of fat from numerous areas of the body including the stomach, thighs, buttocks, arms, chin, and neck.
- Vaser Liposuction: High Definition Vaser liposuction (also referred to as HD Lipo or VASERlipo) is a gentle liposuction technique that utilizes Vaser ultrasound technology to reshape and sculpt the body with precision. Vaser liposuction is a more precise fat removal technique that allows for the removal of fat in the superficial layers of the skin in order to reveal more definition.
- Tummy Tuck: A surgical procedure that tightens abdominal muscles and eliminates excess fat and skin. Tummy tuck procedures can produce dramatic results, and may be ideal for patients that have excess loose skin on the belly area as a result of significant weight loss or pregnancy.
- Fat Transfer: A procedure that uses the patient’s own fat tissue to increase the volume of fat in another area of the body. Unwanted fat is removed from one body area (typically the abdomen or thighs) and injected into the breasts, buttocks, or other desired area to increase volume. While the transfer itself is not considered surgical, the process of harvesting the fat is performed surgically through liposuction.
No matter what results a patient is seeking, our physicians will customize a treatment plan for the unique needs and goals of the individual. There is a solution for everyone.
A cosmetic consultation is an important step in the process of making decisions for a body contouring procedure. During your consultation, we will discuss treatment options, answer any of your questions, and go over pricing and payment options. Complimentary consultations are available with our cosmetic consultant team either in-person at select locations or through an online/virtual visit. Our physicians are also available for consultations.
Meet Our Houston Physicians
- Cameron Erickson, MD: Dr. Erickson is a board certified plastic surgeon who believes in a patient focused approach with an emphasis on obtaining a true connection with his patients. He served as Chief Resident at UT Southwestern in Dallas, the #1 plastic surgery training program in the country.
- Kristy Hamilton, MD: Dr. Kristy Hamilton is a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. As a member of the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Hamilton loves about helping Houstonians look and feel their very best.