The Non-Surgical Nose Job: All About Liquid Rhinoplasty
Your nose may be one of the most important facial characteristics in determining the overall aesthetic appearance of your face. A nose that is oversized or crooked results in an asymmetrical appearance. Rhinoplasty (nose surgery) is obviously the most effective procedure for enhancing the appearance of the nose.
However, what if you don’t want to undergo a surgical procedure? Depending on your specific goals and current characteristics, liquid rhinoplasty could be an effective option.
Liquid rhinoplasty is a completely non-surgical nose job. Rather than using a scalpel, liquid rhinoplasty can temporarily reshape the nose through the injections of dermal fillers such as Restylane. Liquid rhinoplasty can be performed in minutes, is relatively painless, and requires no downtime.
Before and After Liquid Rhinoplasty
View Liquid Rhinoplasty Photo Gallery
Pros of Liquid Rhinoplasty
- Procedure takes less than 30 minutes.
- The nose can be reshaped and enhanced in multiple different ways.
- Ability to define dorsal lines.
- Ability to make depressions in the walls of the nose appear flat.
- Botox can be used to give the nose a more upward point.
- Results are temporary and can be altered if desired (Restylane can be dissolved with hyaluronidase).
- The procedure is relatively painless as topical numbing cream is used prior to injection.
- Mild to moderate swelling for one day; physical exercise can start the day after the procedure.
- Less costly than rhinoplasty surgery.
- Results can last up to one year.
Cons of Liquid Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Results are less dramatic compared to rhinoplasty surgery.
- Limited ability to address scooped-out bridges or pinched tips.
- Inability to address large humps on the bridge of the nose.
- Will not improve nostril retraction.
- Will not improve nasal obstruction.
- Cannot make large noses smaller.
- Nasal obstruction and skin scarring is possible if improperly injected. Make sure to find a provider with liquid rhinoplasty experience and advanced nasal anatomy knowledge.
- Final result is not permanent.
Want to learn more about liquid (non-surgical) rhinoplasty? Contact us today for a free consultation!