Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of breast augmentation in Texas, with 1,000’s of procedures performed. Our surgeons are dedicated to providing patients the results they are seeking: fuller breasts and better cleavage. We are pleased to now offer breast augmentation at our Houston location in University Place at the intersection of Bissonnet Street and Shephard Drive.
Breast augmentation enhances the size and shape of the breasts through the placement of breast implants. Our Houston-based plastic surgeon, Dr. Kristy Hamilton, performs the latest breast augmentation techniques using FDA approved silicone and saline implants. All breast augmentation procedures are performed in accredited surgical facilities.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a common plastic surgery procedure that involves the use of a breast implant to increase the volume or size of the breasts, as well as enhance the shape, symmetry, and proportion of the breasts. The procedure can create a dramatic result which can enhance the silhouette. Breast augmentation procedures can be completely customized to meet the exact desires of individual patients though different implant characteristics like composition (material), size, profile, and projection. Breast augmentation is oftentimes combined with a breast lift surgery (also called mastopexy) if the breasts have lost their elasticity and firmness with aging.
Before & After Breast Augmentation Photos
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
At Westlake Dermatology, a breast augmentation procedure is $5,200 for saline implants or $6,200 for silicone implants. Pricing includes the surgeon’s fee, implants, anesthesia, operating room fees, pre-op and follow-up visits.
Am I a Good Candidate?
Women who are in good health and wish to increase the size or enhance the appearance of their breasts are candidates for breast augmentation.
How Is Breast Augmentation Performed?
Breast augmentation procedures can be performed using general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. The procedure begins with the surgeon creating an incision in an inconspicuous area, typically along the edge of the areola, under the breast, or in the armpit. The surgeon then creates a pocket above or under the pectoral muscle and inserts the implant. The procedure concludes with the incision being closed by sutures.
What Is Recovery Like?
Patients may experience mild to moderate pain for several days following their procedure. Any discomfort during recovery can be treated with prescription pain medication. Most patients will be able to return to work and perform light activity 7 days after surgery. For most patients, normal activity can resume within 2 weeks, while more physical activity (excluding chest targeting exercises) can resume in 4 weeks. By 6 weeks, the implants settle and the final result is realized.
About Westlake Dermatology Houston
Westlake Dermatology is a nationally recognized leader in breast augmentation, having performed thousands of procedures. Our Houston team is dedicated to providing optimal care and compassion to our patients. We use the latest techniques and implants in our state-of-the-art surgical facility to help patients achieve the results they’ve always wanted.
Meet Our Houston Plastic Surgeon
- Kristy Hamilton, MD: Dr. Hamilton is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon specializing in breast augmentation surgery. Dr. Hamilton obtained her medical degree at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston where she completed a rigorous six-year residency training program. Her research has been featured in over twenty peer-reviewed manuscripts and book chapters and she has been a featured presenter at 15 medical conferences. She enjoys being on the cutting edge of plastic surgery, helping her patients look and feel their very best.
Request a Breast Augmentation Consultation in Houston
Additional Breast Augmentation Resources
- Tips: Breastfeeding After Breast Implants
- Exercising after Breast Augmentation: What You Need to Know
- Breast Implants Vs. Breast Augmentation Via Fat Transfer: Which Is Better?
- Breast Asymmetry Causes and Treatment Options
- How Long Do Breast Implants Last?
- Tips: Best Breast Augmentation Recovery Bras
- 3 Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures to Enhance the Nipples
- Breast Augmentation Revision: Implant Removal vs. Implant Replacement
- Silicone Vs. Saline Breast Implants: What’s The Difference?
- Breast Implant Profiles: Low Profile vs. Moderate Profile vs. High Profile
- How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
- Teardrop (Shaped) vs Round Breast Implants: What’s the Difference?
- Breast Augmentation Using The Keller Funnel
- 9 Common Myths About Breast Augmentation Debunked!
- Breast Augmentation Recovery: Tips + What To Expect
- Video: Breast Augmentation at Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 S’s Of Breast Augmentation – Scar Location Options
- 5 S’s of Breast Augmentation – Implant Size
- 5 S’s of Breast Augmentation – Substance (Silicone vs Saline vs Fat)
- What’s New In Breast Implant Technology?
- Case Studies: Breast Implant Revision Procedures
- Breast Implant Placement: Over vs. Under the Muscle
- New Study Determines The “Perfect Breasts”
- How to Choose the Right Breast Implant Size
- How Natural Will My Breast Implants Feel?
- Breast Implants Compared: Saline vs. Silicone vs. Gummy Bear
- Do I Need A Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation Procedure?
- Gummy Bear Implants: Are They Right For You?
- Video: Breast Augmentation Basics
- The Truth About Breast Implants and Breast Cancer Screening