Average Cost of Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures (Updated 2018)
How much does breast augmentation cost? What about facelift surgery or rhinoplasty?
If you are currently researching plastic surgery procedures, you may have noticed that pricing information is missing from many plastic surgeon’s websites. The primary reason for withholding procedure costs often comes down to variability: the exact cost of an individual’s procedure could vary based on their specific needs and desired results.
While it is always recommended to schedule an appointment for a personal consultation with a physician’s office, we have compiled the average national cost of most major plastic surgery procedures for reference with the help of RealSelf.com.
Average national costs of popular plastic surgery procedures
RealSelf.com is an online hub that allows users to ask questions and share personal experiences about cosmetic surgeries. Physicians who are registered with the site are able to post responses. A common question that many users post is in regard to pricing. Many cosmetic surgery patients across the U.S. post the final costs of their surgery which RealSelf aggregates to display averages.
Here are the average national costs of the most popular procedures (data updated on May 16, 2018):
Click Here to to compare the cost of each procedure in different U.S. metro areas
What are you paying for?
The final cost of your procedure is composed of a variety of expenses including:
- Surgeon fees
- Material costs (breast implants, etc.)
- Operating room costs (staff salaries, rent, costs of operating machinery)
- Anesthesia related costs
- Any included medications or post-surgical compression devices
- Follow up appointments
You get what you pay for
Undergoing cosmetic surgery is a life altering event. While the cost of surgery is an important factor to consider, it is also crucial to remember that you will live with outcome of the surgery for the rest of your life. Your highest priority should be on finding the best provider for your specific needs. Specifically:
- Choose a surgeon with an abundance of experience and documentation of previous surgeries. For a plastic surgery procedure, choose a plastic surgeon rather than a doctor from another specialty that performs plastic surgery.
- Look for a surgeon that you are comfortable with and agree with how he or she plans to perform the surgical procedure.
- It is important to ensure that the physician you choose understands the goals you have in mind and agrees that they are realistic and attainable.
- Make sure your surgery will be performed in a properly credentialed operating room.
- It is important to select a physician who is using high quality products (such as implants) from a reputable manufacturer.
- Be weary of physicians who offer pricing significantly lower than national or regional averages or bargain/gimmicky prices, such as Groupon or “deal of the day” offers.
- Be certain that the quoted price you receive includes all expenses (i.e. no hidden fees).
There are several financial companies who provide monthly payment financing for cosmetic procedures. This allows patients to undergo their treatment immediately and pay for it overtime. Most of these companies will even offer 0% interest financing if the loan is paid within a certain period (we offer 0% financing though our partner CareCredit).