A low or sagging brow may project that an individual appears sad or tired, even when they are not. This trait may be a result of overactive muscles in the forehead and brow region, heredity, or natural aging. An endoscopic brow lift is a surgical procedure that can correct a low-position, sagging, or “hooded” brow and restores a more youthful appearance.
How is an endoscopic brow lift performed?
The surgery requires anesthesia for your comfort. With the assistance of a surgical scope, small incisions are made at the temples, within the hairline or in the upper eyelid crease, and the muscles that contribute to a low or hooded brow are removed or repositioned. Because this method is less invasive than a traditional brow lift surgery, the scars are smaller.
What can an endoscopic brow lift accomplish?
- An endoscopic brow lift can address several concerns or issues.
- Reduce furrows and other signs of aging in the forehead and brow areas, creating a softer, relaxed and rejuvenated facial appearance.
- Minimize the creases that develop across the forehead, or those that occur high on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes.
- Improve what are commonly referred to as “frown lines”, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows.
- Reposition a low or sagging brow that is hooding the upper eyelid.
- Raise the eyebrows to a more alert and youthful position.
What should I expect after my brow lift surgery?
You will be instructed to wear a tight pressure dressing around your brow area for a few days following the procedure. During the next few days bruising and swelling should subside. Within about a week, you will begin to notice a higher, more youthful-looking brow. Full effect of the surgery will be complete after about a month.
Are there any non-surgical alternatives?
A temporary lifting of the brow may be achieved by the use of Botox® Cosmetic in patients looking for mild improvement. Botox® relaxes the muscles that are pulling the brow down. Within a few days after treatment, you will notice a slight, natural elevation of the brows that lasts approximately four to six months.
Brow Lift procedures are performed in Austin at the following locations
- Westlake – 512.328.3376
8825 Bee Cave Road
Austin, Texas 78746
- Four Seasons Residences – 512.615.3280
327 East Cesar Chavez St.
Austin, Texas 78701
We are pleased to offer quick and easy finance options through our partner CareCredit. We offer no-interest financing on all brow lift procedures. Learn More