Get Younger Looking Hands with Hand Rejuvenation
Many patients who are concerned about the appearance of aging tend to focus on their face, neck, breasts, stomach, and legs. However one part of the body that is often one of the first to show signs of aging is often neglected – the hands. There is a common saying, “If you want to know a woman’s age, look at her hands.”
The effects of aging on the hands generally appear as a loss in volume (fat and muscle tissue) and elasticity, causing the skin to appear wrinkled or shriveled. The loss of tissue mass also increase the visibility of bones, tendons, and veins.
Depending on the specific issues affecting an individual’s hands, there are a number of available treatments. Simple non-surgical or minimally invasive procedures can plump bony hands, remove unsightly veins and even the tone of the skin; giving hands a refreshed and youthful appearance.
- Radiesse: Radiesse is a safe, FDA-approved dermal filler that restores a natural, youthful look. In the hands (off-label), Radiesse can be used to restore any volume that is lost from aging, decreasing the visual prominence of bones and tendons. Radiesse treatments can thus have a profound impact on the overall shape of the hands.
- Sclerotherapy: In this simple procedure, a sclerosing solution is injected into overtly visible hand veins, causing them to close. Without the flow of blood, the vein later fades from view. Sclerotherapy only eliminates non-functioning veins, so there is no negative effect on blood circulation.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that can noticeably improve both the texture and skin tone of the hands.
- Laser Resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing procedures, such as Fraxel, can improve the appearance of aged or sun damaged skin, fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven pigmentation. The treatment removes skin cells affected by photodamage and aging, replacing them with fresh, healthy skin.
- Intense Pulsed Light: Commonly referred to by their initials IPL, intense pulsed light devices can safely and effectively treat uneven pigmentation, redness, and superficial vascularity of the back of the hands.
The above treatments can be used individually or they can be combined to form a complete treatment plan. The ideal treatment for your hands will depend on your unique issues and desired results.
Interested in hand rejuvenation? Contact us today for more information.