Breast Augmentation in Dallas
January Special Event: $1,000 off breast augmentation. Contact us today to learn more.
Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammaplasty, enhances the size and shape of the breasts via breast implants. Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of breast augmentation in Texas, with thousands of procedures performed. We are pleased to offer breast augmentation at our Highland Park location in Dallas.
Our Dallas cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Jonathan Nathan, performs the latest breast augmentation techniques in accredited surgical facilities using FDA approved silicone and saline implants. We use the latest technology and techniques to help our patients get the breasts they’ve always wanted.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is among the most common cosmetic surgery procedures. Breast implants increase the size or volume of breasts, and can enhance breast shape and symmetry for greater cleavage and a more dramatic silhouette. Complete customization is available through the patient’s choice of saline or silicone implants of varying shapes and sizes. Dr. Nathan focuses on working hand-in-hand with each individual patient to determine the perfect treatment plan to produce their desired final result.
Breast augmentation may also be performed alongside a breast lift (mastopexy) if the breasts have lost their firmness and elasticity due to aging or significant weight loss. This combination simultaneously lifts and enlarges the breasts, completely revitalizing the chest.
Who is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Women who are in good general health and wish to increase the size of their breasts or enhance the shape or appearance of their breasts are good candidates for breast augmentation.
A consultation with a plastic surgeon can help you decide which type of implant is best suited to meet your desired results.
How Is Breast Augmentation Performed?
Breast augmentation may be performed using general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. The procedure begins with the surgeon creating an incision in a well-hidden area, typically along the edge of the areola, along the crease underneath the breast, or in the armpit. Next, the surgeon creates a pocket above or under the pectoral muscle and inserts the implant. Silicone implants are pre-filled while saline implants must be filled to the desired size (in cc’s) chosen by the patient after being placed in the body. The procedure concludes with the incisions being closed with sutures.
What Types of Implants Are Used?
Westlake Dermatology only uses FDA approved silicone and saline implants. Breast implants are offered in varying sizes and shapes to accommodate different body types and volumetric increases. Your body type, chest size, density of breast tissue, and desired outcome will help determine the implant size and shape.
What Is Recovery Like?
Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure, patients return home from breast augmentation surgery the same day. Most patients can return to work within 7 days, normal daily activities in 2 weeks, and moderate exercise after 4 weeks.
The following is a typical timeline of what to expect during recovery:
- 1-3 Days: It’s normal to experience mild to moderate pain for several days following the procedure. Pain is mitigated with prescription medication.
- 1-2 Weeks: Stitches are removed at approximately one week. Most patients feel comfortable returning to work or other light activity 7-10 days after surgery.
- 4 Weeks: At approximately one-month, moderate physical activity (excluding chest targeting exercises) can be safely resumed.
- 6 Weeks: By 6 weeks, implants have settled and final results are realized. Restrictions on activity are lifted during this time.
About Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery Dallas
Westlake Dermatology is a leading provider of breast augmentation procedures in Texas. Our Dallas team is dedicated to providing the best care to our patients. We perform the latest techniques using the finest implants in state-of-the-art surgical centers to safely provider our patients with their desired end results.
Meet Our Dallas Plastic Surgeon
- Dr. Jonathan Nathan: Jonathan Nathan, MD, MBA is a board certified plastic surgeon with over ten years of rigorous training. Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Nathan completed his undergraduate studies at Southern Methodist University (SMU) before completing medical school at Texas Tech University and plastic and reconstructive surgery training at Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois. He went on to complete a fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery with Dennis Hammond, MD in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Dr. Nathan’s unique training has provided him with a very specialized skillset in plastic surgery that allows him to provide his patients with a very customized and high-quality experience.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
Breast augmentation procedures at Westlake Dermatology in Dallas begin at $5,500 for saline implants and $6,500 for silicone implants. Pricing includes the implants, surgeon’s fees, anesthesia and operating room fees as well as preoperative and postoperative visits.