Austin Plastic Surgery
At Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery we believe that everyone deserves to feel confident in their appearance, which is why our plastic surgeons are committed to helping patients achieve their desired look in order to feel beautiful. Patients come to our plastic surgery centers to undergo the newest, safest techniques practiced under the hands of talented, highly experienced surgeons.
With plastic surgery treatments for the breast, body, and face; our surgeons help our patients get the look they have always wanted.
Austin Plastic Surgeons
Cameron Craven, MD, FACS – Dr. Cameron Craven is an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon. He completed a six-year integrated residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, which is recognized as one of the top 15 medical schools in the United States. During his training, Dr. Craven gained extensive experience in all areas of plastic surgery including cosmetic surgery, hand and microvascular surgery, reconstructive surgery, burns, trauma and surgery for congenital abnormalities.
Chuma Chike-Obi, MD – Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi completed a six-year residency with the Division of Plastic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine and Affiliate hospitals in Houston, Texas. Dr. Chike-Obi has published numerous articles in plastic surgery and his work has been presented at a variety of professional meetings nationally and internationally since 2007. Dr. Chike-Obi specializes in various plastic surgery procedures including breast augmentation, facelift, blepharoplasty, liposuction, reconstructive breast surgery, and rhinoplasty.
Minas Constantinides, MD, FACS – Dr. Minas Constantinides joins Westlake Dermatology after practicing facial plastic and reconstructive surgery in Manhattan, New York City for the past 21 years. Dr. Constantinides received his baccalaureate with honors in Biochemistry from Brown University and his M.D. from Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. He underwent specialty training at Harvard in general surgery and at NYU in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. Dr. Constantinides has published 61 scientific articles and book chapters focusing on facial plastic surgery and is a sought-after lecturer for his expertise in rhinoplasty.
Certified Plastic Surgery Centers in Austin
Plastic surgery procedures are performed on-site at our Westlake and Four Seasons locations in Austin, Texas.
Our Westlake facility has earned a “Gold Seal Approval” outpatient surgery center accreditation by the Joint Commission. Joint Commission accreditation is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
Our Four Seasons facility has been certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. after an extensive quality assurance and patient safety accreditation process to ensure 100% compliance of safety standards.
“I loved my entire experience at Westlake Dermatology. I felt important and educated throughout the entire cosmetic surgery process. No detail was overlooked in making each patient feel valued and I was confident knowing I’d be in Dr. Craven’s gifted hands.” — Kelly T.
“A BIG thank you to Dr.Chike-Obi and his staff for one of the most professional and people oriented experiences I have ever had in the medical field. It started when I was greeted at the front desk for my consultation. Not only did Dr.Chike-Obi do an unbelievably great job on my procedures, he most importantly put my best interest first at all times. I am already seeing amazing results and it’s been only two weeks. I will definitely recommend Westlake Dermatology Four Seasons to all of my friends. Thank you again Dr.Chike-Obi, Jen and Jeannie!” — Jeannie F.
“I find the service both professional and personal. This office is outstanding and I am so thankful to have found it. I am very pleased with the results from my procedures which were performed by Dr. Craven! My experience with other doctors and their offices don’t even come close to Westlake Dermatology.” — Kathy S.
“Dr. Craven is wonderful. I highly recommend him to anyone considering cosmetic surgery.” — Erika B.
“Dr. Craven is top rate. He is very personable and shows care and concern for you as a patient. I would highly recommend him to my friends. He takes time to listen to what your needs are and explains everything clearly. He is a top notch surgeon and if I decide to have any other procedure down I would not hesitate to go back to him to get it done.” — Iva C.
Many women who search for information on breast augmentation know what they want, but not what they need to get their desired look. Each plastic surgeon will work directly with patients to create a treatment plan tailored to their specific needs. Depending on the individual goals and current breast composition of each patient, there are multiple options for achieving fuller, firmer, more youthful looking breasts.
- Breast augmentation, or augmentation mammoplasty, is the second most popular plastic surgery procedure. During a breast augmentation, the size, shape and symmetry of the breasts are enhanced through placement of implants—either saline or silicone—under the breast tissue.
- Breast lift, or mastopexy, is a surgical procedure to lift the breasts following loss of skin elasticity caused by weight fluctuation, pregnancy, breastfeeding, aging or simply genetics. A breast lift is perfect for patients looking to revive the perky shape and firmness of their breasts.
Many of our patients strive for the perfect body – smooth, slim, toned and tight. While achieving that goal on one’s own is not impossible, it can be extremely strenuous and time consuming. Luckily, there are several plastic surgery options available that provide instant results.
- Arm lift (brachioplasty) refers to the removal of excess skin and fat between the underarm and elbow. This procedure is best suited for patients seeking a smoother contour and more proportionate upper body physique.
- Fat transfer, Also called “fat injection” or “fat grafting”, involves the transfer of fat cells from one area of the body to another. The patient receives liposuction to remove excess fat (typically from the abdomen or thighs), which is then harvested, cleansed and injected in another part of the body specified by the patient (usually the breasts, face or buttocks).
- Liposuction is perhaps the most recognizable plastic surgery procedure. The surgery involves removing and disposing of fat cells from large areas of the body. Liposuction is an ideal option for patients who have been previously unsuccessful in eliminating large areas of fat through diet and exercise.
- SmartLipo permanently removes fat in just a single, minimally invasive treatment session and tightens tissue to minimize dimpling and sagging. Westlake Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery was the first plastic surgery center in Austin to offer SmartLipo Triplex.
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure designed to tighten abdominal muscles and remove excess fat and skin from the mid-section of a patient’s body. Patients who have lost skin elasticity or have severely stretched abdominal muscles, most commonly caused by significant weight loss or pregnancy, are excellent candidates for the surgery.
Options for facial plastic surgery procedures are vast; ranging from rhinoplasty (the surgical procedure to correct the shape of a patient’s nose) to reversing the signs of aging with a facelift and even malformations caused by disease, injury or birth defects. Our skillful plastic surgeons offer the following facial cosmetic procedures.
- Brow lift surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that can restore a patient’s youthful appearance by correcting a low-positioned or sagging brow.An endoscopic brow lift can correct a tired or sad appearance that stems from overactive muscles in the forehead and/or brow region, or simply the signs of natural aging.
- Chin augmentation surgery (also called Mentoplasty, Genioplasty) can improve the appearance of the chin and jaw line area. The chin can be enlarged using a chin implant, reduced, or reshaped to achieve an aesthetically pleasing and balanced facial profile.
- Eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty, is the procedure in which the “bags” under a patient’s eyes or drooping eyelids are corrected through the repositioning of fat deposits that have accumulated around the eyes. The treatment involves tightening of the muscles and tissue, and/or removal of excess skin.
- Facelift surgery makes the face tighter and smoother by lifting up the facial skin, tissues and/or the entire muscle under one’s face. A facelift results in a more youthful appearance by dramatically reducing wrinkles and saggy skin.
- Lip implant procedures create full and plump lips using the minimally invasive SurgiSil Perma implant. This procedure is ideal for patients who have tried dermal filler treatments—which require replacement every six to nine months—and are looking for a more permanent solution to full, plump lips.
- Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a “nose job”, is performed to enhance the entire appearance of a patient’s face. Patients who opt for this procedure do so to alter their natural nose, repair an injury to the nose or to correct undesired results from previous surgery. Even with minor adjustments, a rhinoplasty can dramatically change a patient’s appearance.
Additional Cosmetic Surgery Resources
- Financing Options for Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- The Guide to Cosmetic Surgery Downtime
- Does Medical Insurance Cover Plastic Surgery?
- The History of Plastic Surgery
- Tips for Choosing The Best Plastic Surgeon
- How Ethnic Traits Affect Plastic Surgery
- Average Cost of Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Can Plastic Surgery Make You A Happier Person?