Erica Stevens, MD
Erica Stevens, MD is a board certified dermatologist whose clinical interests include both medical and cosmetic dermatology.
She received her undergraduate degree from Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans, graduating summa cum laude, and her medical degree from the University of Alabama in Birmingham. She subsequently completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Brookwood Baptist Health Hospitals in Birmingham, AL then went on to complete her dermatology residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
After residency, Dr. Stevens was hired by the University of Michigan to establish and become director of the Multicultural Dermatology Clinic where she provided general dermatology and cosmetic dermatology care to patients, and participated in the teaching of medical students and training of new residents. During her time in Ann Arbor, she was very involved with efforts promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Department of Dermatology and the University as well as a number of other volunteer activities. She has published articles in peer reviewed journals, participated in quality improvement projects, has been actively involved with tele-dermatology, and has received Making a Difference patient awards. She remained on the faculty for three years before she and her husband, Joffre, decided to relocate to Texas.
Treating Discoloration In Skin Of Color
Dr. Stevens is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is currently a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Texas Medical Association, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the Skin of Color Society.
She was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, boxing, Pilates, and trying new and exotic foods.
Dr. Stevens currently sees patients at our Westlake location.
Patient Testimonials About Dr. Stevens
- “Very good follow up and was called back twice with info I needed.” — Tommy C. (December 20, 2019)
- “The friendly and interested attention of all doctors and staff. As well as feeling that the doctors there are very good at what they are trying to achieve for you.” — Jackie D. (December 13, 2019)
- “Excellent experience from start to finish. Thanks.” — Trevor M. (December 10, 2019)
- “Dr. Stevens is amazing!” — Melissa K. (November 8, 2019)
- “The moment I entered the office the staff was VERY pleasant, helpful and accommodating. Dr. Stevens made my daughter feel so comfortable and prescribed the best methods for her skin. I HIGHLY recommend Westlake Dermatology.” — Carson D. (November 6, 2019)
- “Dr. Stevens was very professional, knowledgeable and kind.” — Mary B. (October 8, 2019)
- “I was extremely pleased with my visit to your facility. I was especially pleased with the medical assistant to Dr. Stevens. I was most pleased with Dr. Stevens. As Dr. S examined my face and scalp she told me of her findings and explained what she thought needed to be done. Before she began the treatment she again told me about the nitrogen and how it would feel and what to expect in the coming days. It was a very successful visit. Thank you.” — Carolyn B. (October 3, 2019)
- “I love the atmosphere. It was great to see a young female Doctor like Dr. Stevens. She was very professional and explained everything before the procedure.” — Earl S. (September 26, 2019)
- “Dr. Stevens is an amazing doctor, very thorough and extremely accommodating, anyone would be fortunate to have her as their doctor. This facility deserves its excellent reputation.” — Michael G. (September 20, 2019)
- “My appointment was enjoyable because I loved the beautiful office and excellent staff. The wait time was surprisingly fast and Dr. Stevens was remarkable. I couldn’t have asked for a better visit!” — Kerry G. (August 16, 2019)