Erica Stevens, MD
Dr. Stevens will no longer be seeing patients with Westlake Dermatology after December 10, 2020. Patients may continue their care with any of our other physicians after this date.
Erica Stevens, MD is a board certified dermatologist whose clinical interests include both medical and cosmetic dermatology.
She received her undergraduate degree from Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans, graduating summa cum laude, and her medical degree from the University of Alabama in Birmingham. She subsequently completed her internship in Internal Medicine at Brookwood Baptist Health Hospitals in Birmingham, AL then went on to complete her dermatology residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
After residency, Dr. Stevens was hired by the University of Michigan to establish and become director of the Multicultural Dermatology Clinic where she provided general dermatology and cosmetic dermatology care to patients, and participated in the teaching of medical students and training of new residents. During her time in Ann Arbor, she was very involved with efforts promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Department of Dermatology and the University as well as a number of other volunteer activities. She has published articles in peer reviewed journals, participated in quality improvement projects, has been actively involved with tele-dermatology, and has received Making a Difference patient awards. She remained on the faculty for three years before she and her husband, Joffre, decided to relocate to Texas.
Dr. Stevens is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is currently a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Texas Medical Association, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the Skin of Color Society. Dr. Stevens was selected as a Texas Super Doctors Rising Star in Texas Monthly magazine in 2020.
She was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, boxing, Pilates, and trying new and exotic foods.
Book OnlineErica Stevens, M.D.
Patient Testimonials About Dr. Stevens
- “II loved the service. The nurse and doctor both made me feel comfortable. They asked proper questions to know my actual problem. Dr. Stevens properly guided me about the problem.” — Snehal D. (October 5, 2020)
- “Service with excellence; attentive and caring doctors and staff. My trust was earned immediately! Thank You” — James T. (October 1, 2020)
- “Dr. Stevens and her nurse were great!” — Maryann N. (September 29, 2020)
- “Dr. Erica Stevens, very caring and concerned about my health and well being. Very professional and down to earth. Great staff in office. Feel comfortable there and will continue to go there even though it’s a little far to drive. Well worth it though.” — Jake F. (September 28, 2020)
- “Great experience. Knowledgeable, professional, and friendly doctor and medical staff. Thanks!” — Richard L. (August 20, 2020)
- “Dr. Stevens is patient, explains thoroughly and is the best doc at WLD in my opinion!! :)” — Natalia K. (August 6, 2020)
- “It was a flawless and quick experience.” — Miranda H. (July 16, 2020)
- “Doctor Stevens was kind, knowledgeable, and understanding. The office staff were very warm and welcoming. I had a pleasant first time visit.” — Martha R. (July 10, 2020)
- “Dr. Erica Stevens is amazing. She answered all of my questions and was very attentive.” — Thomas S. (June 16, 2020)
- “Dr. Stevens is one of the physicians I trust the most. She is always kind and really takes the time to listen to her patients. My skin has never looked better. The staff at Westlake are always kind and helpful. I will continue to recommend Westlake Dermatology to everyone I know.” — Laura B. (June 16, 2020)
- “Physician took the time to explain all of my treatment options in a very caring and sensitive manner.” — Tina W. (June 8, 2020)
- “Everyone was great. Doctor is very knowledgeable and explained things to me in detail.” — Roger M. (May 29, 2020)
- “Love Dr. Stevens! She is my new dermatologist! So glad to find her. Was still missing Dr. Friddlington but so happy to meet Dr. Stevens.” — Carole E. (May 22, 2020)
- “I’ve already referred 2 people! I appreciated how welcoming and friendly everyone in the office was, even when I went to the wrong office first. 🙂 I had a thorough exam and the issue I was concerned about was resolved. I was in and out quickly. The whole office was following safety protocols for COVID-19 and wearing masks, along with keeping people at a safe distance when possible. I felt comfortable in the facility.” — Catherine C. (May 22, 2020)
- “Dr. Stevens was timely, kind, and well-prepared for our virtual appointment. The appointment was very smooth and I appreciated Dr. Stevens calm demeanor and knowledgeable approach to my concerns. I definitely would recommend her to others!” — Ashley C. (May 22, 2020)
- “Great service.” — Joanne H. (May 21, 2020)
- “The staff was very nice and helpful. Dr. Stevens was extremely helpful and took time to answer all my questions completely. Great experience.” — Christopher M. (March 20, 2020)
- “I had a great experience, everyone is really friendly and Dr. Stevens is amazing!!” — Nick R. (March 18, 2020)
- “Easy, fast, enjoyable.” — Michael B. (March 6, 2020)
- “Very efficient from check in to check out. The staff is very friendly, and my Doctor is amazing! Now I know why my wife loves coming here!” — Anthony G. (February 28, 2020)
- “I was welcomed at check in. I was seen within minutes. The medical assistant was excellent.
The doctor explained and performed the procedure in a manner that made me feel comfortable and confident.” — Doris H. (February 28, 2020)
- “Everyone was great and service was very prompt. They made sure I had no additional questions or concerns. Overall, very pleasant knowledgeable staff.” — Collettia M. (February 20, 2020)
- “Everyone was friendly and professional. Dr. Stevens is very kind, patient and thorough.” — Theresa K. (February 10, 2020)
- “The environment was open and nice. The desk staff is friendly and helpful. The doctors are willing to answer all your questions and make sure you are in good condition when you leave.” — Avadh P. (February 8, 2020)
- “Everything was great–I was seen early, had a thorough conversation with BOTH the medical assistant and the provider, was able to pick up prescriptions almost immediately from the pharmacy… honestly could not have been a more painless visit!” — Samantha P. (February 7, 2020)
- “Very good follow up and was called back twice with info I needed.” — Tommy C. (December 20, 2019)
- “The friendly and interested attention of all doctors and staff. As well as feeling that the doctors there are very good at what they are trying to achieve for you.” — Jackie D. (December 13, 2019)
- “Excellent experience from start to finish. Thanks.” — Trevor M. (December 10, 2019)
- “Dr. Stevens is amazing!” — Melissa K. (November 8, 2019)
- “The moment I entered the office the staff was VERY pleasant, helpful and accommodating. Dr. Stevens made my daughter feel so comfortable and prescribed the best methods for her skin. I HIGHLY recommend Westlake Dermatology.” — Carson D. (November 6, 2019)
- “Dr. Stevens was very professional, knowledgeable and kind.” — Mary B. (October 8, 2019)
- “I was extremely pleased with my visit to your facility. I was especially pleased with the medical assistant to Dr. Stevens. I was most pleased with Dr. Stevens. As Dr. S examined my face and scalp she told me of her findings and explained what she thought needed to be done. Before she began the treatment she again told me about the nitrogen and how it would feel and what to expect in the coming days. It was a very successful visit. Thank you.” — Carolyn B. (October 3, 2019)
- “I love the atmosphere. It was great to see a young female Doctor like Dr. Stevens. She was very professional and explained everything before the procedure.” — Earl S. (September 26, 2019)
- “Dr. Stevens is an amazing doctor, very thorough and extremely accommodating, anyone would be fortunate to have her as their doctor. This facility deserves its excellent reputation.” — Michael G. (September 20, 2019)
- “My appointment was enjoyable because I loved the beautiful office and excellent staff. The wait time was surprisingly fast and Dr. Stevens was remarkable. I couldn’t have asked for a better visit!” — Kerry G. (August 16, 2019)