Mary Ramirez, MD
Mary Ramirez, MD, is a board certified dermatologist who received her undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin. She then attended the University of North Texas Health Sciences Center where she earned her Masters of Science in medical sciences.
Dr. Ramirez attended medical school at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, where she earned her Doctor of Medicine. She completed a preliminary Internal Medicine internship at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM where she was awarded the Preliminary Intern of the Year award. She completed her Dermatology residency at Duke University where she served as Chief resident during her final year of training.
Dr. Ramirez has presented at many national meetings and she has authored several articles in peer-reviewed journals including JAMA Dermatology, Dermatologic Surgery, and Pediatric Dermatology. During her residency training, she received the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) Resident Scholarship allowing her to attend a preceptorship in cosmetic dermatology at The Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery in Washington, DC.
Dr. Ramirez is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, The Women’s Dermatologic Society, and the Texas Medical Association.
Her professional interests include general dermatology, surgical dermatology, skin cancer prevention and treatment, and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr. Ramirez grew up in San Antonio, Texas and has family in both San Antonio and Austin. She is a dog lover and loves hiking outside with her two dogs, Izzy and Finn. Her personal interests include spending time with her family, soccer, baking, and traveling.
Dr. Ramirez sees patient at our Lamar Central location.
Book OnlineMary Ramirez, M.D.
TESTIMONIALS FROM DR. RAMIREZ’S PATIENTS:
- “It was my first time doing PRP and everyone made me feel very comfortable going into it. The front desk ladies were very welcoming. Dr. Ramirez was great!” — Wesley C. (September 17, 2020)
- “I have been coming to Westlake Dermatology to see Dr. Ramirez for about 8 months now and it’s always a great experience. Appointment scheduling is easy and straight forward, the office staff is friendly and kind, and Dr. Ramirez actually takes time to listen to what you are wanting and is amazing at providing excellent services with a genuine interest in helping her patients feel more confident and ensuring all concerns are addressed!” — Mallory B. (August 13, 2020)
- “Very kind staff. Doctor and nurse were knowledgeable and patient with my concerns. I will return.” — Richard P. (June 25, 2020)
- “DI really appreciated that Dr. Mary Ramirez took the time to educate me on signs of progressing skin conditions. I left the appointment with knowledge I’d never been given from other dermatologists.” — Mary C. (June 4, 2020)
- “Great experience. I appreciated that they took me back to the exam room early and was seen super fast. I appreciate the efficiency and smooth process.” — Jane W. (May 29, 2020)
- “Everyone was kind and professional. The physician took time to answer all my questions, even though they weren’t related to the reason for my appointment.” — Sean E. (May 22, 2020)
- “Great location; love Dr. Ramirez!” — Tara W. (May 21, 2020)
- “I really can’t think of anything that would make my visit more enjoyable. The staff is very friendly and the doctor is great . She’s very nice and did a wonderful job.” — Linda B. (May 16, 2020)
- “Dr. Ramirez is aMaZiNg… The entire North Lamar team is super at all they do!” — Deshalae W. (May 12, 2020)
- “Dr. Ramirez was very friendly, informative, and patient with my many questions! I am very pleased as a new patient.” — Jennifer C. (May 12, 2020)
- “Dr. Ramirez and the whole Westlake team at N Lamar are so pleasant and happy to hear my questions/concerns. I’m afraid of needles, so when I had to get numbed up, the nurse distracted me and made me feel really comfortable.” — Kendal C. (May 6, 2020)
- “I was satisfied with all aspects of my experience.” — Jeffery G. (May 5, 2020)
- “I honestly can’t think of anything to suggest. I had a great experience here and will most definitely recommend this location to anyone who is looking for a Dermatologist.” — Natalie V. (March 11, 2020)
- “Dr. Ramirez and Neasy are top notch and I feel like family here!!!!” — Alisha H. (February 5, 2020)
- “My experience was really great and informative. I had a skin issue and it was dealt with the day of, which I appreciate. The doctor was also very nice and made sure I was comfortable.” — Susan G. (February 3, 2020)
- “All of my visits have been wonderful. Never a long wait. The staff is very friendly and informed. Currently pregnant and I was worried about getting off Retin-A, and started breaking out, my Dr. (also pregnant) helped switch my skincare routine to give me that “pregnancy glow”!” — Maria C. (January 28, 2020)
- “Everything is wonderful. I’m happy to be a patient here.” — Brock G. (December 5, 2019)
- “Everything was great! Dr. Ramirez is fantastic. Really picked up on my vibe and was very relatable. She explained my situation in professional yet understandable detail and gave me options.” — Kendra A. (November 26, 2019)
- “Great staff and great doctor! Leave satisfied every time I visit Dr. Ramirez at WD (North Lamar Location)” — Molly B. (November 12, 2019)
- “Everybody was very nice and professional.” — Max H. (October 22, 2019)
- “Dr Ramirez was easy to talk to about my concerns and was very reassuring that she would be there to help along the way. Would definitely recommend to anyone else who is having the same issues myself.” — Margaret R. (October 22, 2019)
- “It’s easy to feel like medical professionals are only half-listening to your concerns but that wasn’t my experience at Westlake. I feel like my concerns were heard, addressed, and beneficial recommendations were made. I felt no pressure to make any subsequent purchases which is so nice!” — Haley H. (October 7, 2019)
- “I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy going and sweet EVERYONE at the office was. Once I saw the doctor, she took the time to address my concerns and I did not feel rushed whatsoever. As I was leaving I spilled my water and the girl at the front was super nice about it even though I wanted to crawl under a rock. I will definitely be recommending this practice!” — Stephanie B. (October 2, 2019)
- “I like the cleanliness of the office. It doesn’t feel like a “doctor’s” office as most dermatologists I have visited over the course of my life. And, as I am now getting older and starting to see changes in my skin, I’m glad to know that I can explore options of how to keep it looking younger through the same outlet I take care of other skin issues. The doctors I’ve seen are fantastic and make me feel comfortable.” — Leah B. (October 24, 2019)