David Smith, PA-C
David Smith is a certified Physician Assistant with a Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies from University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He graduated with distinction and multiple Dean’s List awards. His undergraduate was completed at Texas A&M University in Biology with honors. He created and led several organizations during his tenure including medical missions.
Prior to working with Westlake Dermatology, David was actively involved with the Texas wine industry serving both in an educational role as well as a consultant. He carries over the skills of listening, learning, and educating to further advocate for his patients. His focus is on both medical and cosmetic dermatology while learning and working alongside Dr. Laura Buford at the Dripping Springs location.
Beyond the clinic, David is actively engaged in his community both civically as well as volunteering. In his free time, he loves spending time with his wife and children, gardening, and hunting. Having grown up in the Texas Hill Country, he brings Texas passion and hospitality to his work, community and loved ones.
David is a member of the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants and Texas Academy of Physician Assistants.
Book OnlineDavid Smith, PA-C
Testimonials from David’s patients:
- “The PA was knowledgeable, willing to share his knowledge, courteous, conscious of making sure I felt safe and respected as a patient, and able to thread the needle of discussing weight loss without being remotely fatphobic.” — Amanda S. (May 16, 2023)
- “My doctor (well, physicians assistant) was so friendly and professional!” — Brian R. (May 15, 2023)
- “Both the nurse and P.A. were great with my daughter. They were both kind and engaging; I finally feel hopeful with a new treatment plan. Fastest I have ever been checking in, seen, and checked out at a provider! Thank you!” — Emery M. (May 9, 2023)
- “Dr. David Smith is the very best derm I’ve seen!!!!!” — Katy M. (April 27, 2023)
- “We particularly liked David’s level of knowledge, he was so friendly and reassuring regarding our medical issue.” — Billy B. (March 15, 2023)
- “Dr. Smith and his staff run a very efficient business. Dr. Smith took the time to speak with my teenage son about his concerns and provided excellent care.” — Julian R. (March 13, 2023)
- “I thought Sarah and David were fantastic and charming. I enjoyed my visit. Thank you for being so great!” — Leah E. (March 10, 2023)
- “I loved everything about my appointment today. David was amazing!!!!” — Georgia G. (March 1, 2023)
- “I really liked both David and the nurse that helped me. I felt seen and heard. I also felt like I received more information and kindness than any other dermatologist has given me up to this point.” — Crissie D. (February 28, 2023)
- “David was awesome. Professional, personable and makes you feel comfortable” — Spiropoulos S. (February 8, 2023)
- “Attending PA made sure I was very informed of what he was looking at and made conversation during the visit to make me more comfortable.” — Owens O. (January 27, 2023)
- “David Smith is an excellent PA.” — Zimmerman Z. (January 25, 2023)
- “Saw Dr Smith and he was awesome! Made me feel very comfortable and understood. Gave suggestions and didn’t push expensive products on me!” — Brown B. (January 20, 2023)
- “Very friendly staff and very thorough consultation. All my questions were answered and I didn’t feel rushed. David Smith PA was absolutely fantastic.” — Ellis E. (January 5, 2023)
- “The PA had a calming, social personality that made the visit easy to get through. The staff is attentive and friendly. It was nice to feel somewhat at home in a doctor’s office that can easily feel stark and cause anxiety.” — Phillips P. (January 3, 2023)
- “David was excellent, kind, and patient with my son. He gave him lots of good information and peace of mind. Thank you!” — Owen T. (December 22, 2022)
- “Professional, experienced, and thorough. I appreciate Dave taking time to get to know me and learn my family history and skin care goals.” — Joy P. (December 21, 2022)
- “Dr. David Smith was extremely personable and very professional! I would highly recommend him for dermatology and cosmetic needs.” — Cassi H. (December 20, 2022)
- “All of the staff members I interacted with were so friendly and helpful. David Smith was incredibly kind, gentle, and patient with answering all of my questions. I highly recommend!” — Kaylan H. (December 13, 2022)
- “The whole visit experience was great. Professional and welcoming front office staff, prompt appointment. David took the time to answer all of my questions.” — Maria R. (November 22, 2022)
- “David Smith was very nice, enthusiastic and able to figure out & relate to the patient quickly. Front office staff were pleasant & helpful.” — Alyssa L. (November 21, 2022)
- “Customer service was amazing!! David was a super cool guy and took care of me and all my million questions I had today. Would def recommend him to all my friends and family!” — Manoj S. (November 17, 2022)
- “Professional and was interested in my son and his wrestling and asked him questions. My son felt important and was not worried about the actual treatment. Very pleased. Thank you David!” — Noah W. (October 24, 2022)