David Smith, PA-C
David Smith is a certified Physician Assistant with a Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies from University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. He graduated with distinction and multiple Dean’s List awards. His undergraduate was completed at Texas A&M University in Biology with honors. He created and led several organizations during his tenure including medical missions.
Prior to working with Westlake Dermatology, David was actively involved with the Texas wine industry serving both in an educational role as well as a consultant. He carries over the skills of listening, learning, and educating to further advocate for his patients. His focus is on both medical and cosmetic dermatology while learning and working alongside Dr. Laura Buford at the Dripping Springs location.
Beyond the clinic, David is actively engaged in his community both civically as well as volunteering. In his free time, he loves spending time with his wife and children, gardening, and hunting. Having grown up in the Texas Hill Country, he brings Texas passion and hospitality to his work, community and loved ones.
David is a member of the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants and Texas Academy of Physician Assistants.
Book OnlineDavid Smith, PA-C
Testimonials from David’s patients:
- “David was excellent, kind, and patient with my son. He gave him lots of good information and peace of mind. Thank you!” — Owen T. (December 22, 2022)
- “Professional, experienced, and thorough. I appreciate Dave taking time to get to know me and learn my family history and skin care goals.” — Joy P. (December 21, 2022)
- “Dr. David Smith was extremely personable and very professional! I would highly recommend him for dermatology and cosmetic needs.” — Cassi H. (December 20, 2022)
- “All of the staff members I interacted with were so friendly and helpful. David Smith was incredibly kind, gentle, and patient with answering all of my questions. I highly recommend!” — Kaylan H. (December 13, 2022)
- “The whole visit experience was great. Professional and welcoming front office staff, prompt appointment. David took the time to answer all of my questions.” — Maria R. (November 22, 2022)
- “David Smith was very nice, enthusiastic and able to figure out & relate to the patient quickly. Front office staff were pleasant & helpful.” — Alyssa L. (November 21, 2022)
- “Customer service was amazing!! David was a super cool guy and took care of me and all my million questions I had today. Would def recommend him to all my friends and family!” — Manoj S. (November 17, 2022)
- “Professional and was interested in my son and his wrestling and asked him questions. My son felt important and was not worried about the actual treatment. Very pleased. Thank you David!” — Noah W. (October 24, 2022)