Catherine DiGiorgio, MD
Dr. Catherine DiGiorgio is a board-certified dermatologist and Harvard-fellowship trained laser and cosmetic dermatologist.
Dr. DiGiorgio graduated with honors from Loyola University in New Orleans where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology. She earned a Master of Science in Human Genetics and a Doctor of Medicine from Tulane University School of Medicine. She completed an internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Dermatology at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans. Her interest in laser and cosmetic dermatology took her from New Orleans to Boston, where she trained for 2 years in the Harvard Laser and Cosmetic dermatology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Wellman Center for Photomedicine. During her fellowship, she conducted both clinical and basic science research to study the application of laser and energy-based devices to prevent and solve medical and cosmetic dermatology problems.
Dr. DiGiorgio is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and previously practiced dermatology in Boston, Massachusetts. She is an expert in the use of laser and energy-based devices. She is particularly passionate in the medical and cosmetic application of laser and energy-based devices including treatment of unwanted blood vessels, birthmarks, scars, sun damage, and wrinkles. She also performs many aesthetic dermatologic procedures, including the use of neuromodulators (such as Botox and Dysport), fillers, and Kybella. Dr. DiGiorgio promotes pre-juvenation to improve the process of aging and develops a personalized anti-aging regimen for each of her patients. She provides a cutting-edge treatment approach to give her patients the best results possible.
Dr. DiGiorgio has authored many peer-reviewed publications and textbook chapters. She is an active member of several professional organizations including the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and Women’s Dermatologic Society. She has been an invited speaker at many national meetings. She actively participates in dermatology resident education in her hometown of New Orleans, where she gives lectures at both Tulane University School of Medicine and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center.
In her spare time, she enjoys running, weightlifting, trying new restaurants, cooking, traveling, and visiting museums.
Testimonials about Dr. DiGiorgio
- “Great service and talent!” — Heather P. (August 16, 2019)
- “Dr. Digiorgio is so kind and always has a smile on her face! She’s super easy to talk to and very through. I highly recommend her!!” — Brianna J. (August 6, 2019)
- “I love the professionalism from staff and physicians, have had a surgery as well as ongoing skin care, facilities are also first class.” — John M. (June 30, 2019)
- “I can’t think of anything that would make the experience better. I’ve seen Dr. Digiorgio three times. She has always been very thorough, efficient, kind and caring. Highly recommend her.” — John B. (May 30, 2019)
- “Everyone was extremely helpful. Management went above and beyond to help fit me in on their busy schedule along with my busy schedule having a new born, So Thank you for the enjoyable experience.” — Nathanial K. (April 17, 2019)
- “Really enjoyed the medical assistant. My first visit with Dr. DiGiorgio was great. I learned some things I did not know and loved the time she took with me, explaining everything. Excellent.” — Brenda B. (February 7, 2019)
- “Everything is always great!!” — Jessica R. (February 6, 2019)
- “Dr. Giorgio and the staff made me feel like a VIP!” — Jorge S. (February 6, 2019)
- “I’m in and out of the office in about 15/20 minutes. Which is great, it gives me time to go get labs done (I’m an accutane patient) and call in the prescription all on my lunch break. So.convenient. I love it. Also, great staff! Very friendly.” — Katherine M. (January 24, 2019)
- “When I came in I had the thought of here we go someone who isn’t going to know and just going to give me another medication. That was not the case I came in and had a knowledgeable crew who actually asked me questions that I could really answer and get feedback from. Very professional and had a vibe of no judgement and understanding when listening to the issues I had and treated me with respect the plus being they actually took ample time to see me. Definitely recommend to anyone needing a dermatologist.” — Sean N. (January 23, 2019)
- “The physician was one of the best I’ve encountered in years of excellent physicians and PAs at Westlake Dermatology. She gave outstanding advice for both medical and non-medical (beauty) issues. I will definitely be back at the location.” — Shannon K. (December 20, 2018)
- “Only a short wait. Low pressure and professional.” — Jane K. (December 13, 2018)
- “Friendly staff. Doctors take their time to make the experience as pain free as possible. She was more concerned about making the scar as small as possible than I was.” — Elin D. (December 13, 2018)
- “The doctor was knowledgeable and helpful. I walked away educated and satisfied.” — Scarlett T. (December 12, 2018)
- “You made the entire process very comfortable and super professional.” — Louie D. (December 4, 2018)
- “This was my first visit to Westlake Dermatology. My daughter recommended your office to me. I had a great experience. I like the facility and the people very much. Dr. DiGiorgio was great.” — Valerie S. (October 18, 2018)