Chuma Chike-Obi, MD
Chuma Chike-Obi, MD is board-certified by and is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Chike-Obi completed a six year residency with the Division of Plastic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine at the renowned Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. Affilliated hospitals where he trained include MD Anderson Cancer Center, The Methodist Hospital, Texas Children’s Hospital, Ben Taub General Hospital, Michael E DeBakey VA Hospital, and St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital. During his training, Dr. Chike-Obi gained extensive experience from recognized leaders in all areas of plastic surgery, including cosmetic surgery and reconstructive breast and facial surgery.
Dr. Chike-Obi was born in Philadelphia, where he completed his undergraduate education at the prestigious University of Pennsylvania. He then went on to complete his medical education at the University Of Pennsylvania (Perelman) School Of Medicine, the nation’s first medical school and one of the top-ranked. This was where Dr. Chike-Obi was first exposed to a unique group of innovative and talented plastic surgeons who inspired him to pursue his chosen specialty. This early exposure to masters in breast and facial surgery was crucial in shaping Dr. Chike-Obi’s surgical philosophy and attention to detail in the operating room. He then spent over half a decade at the Baylor College of Medicine, a recognized plastic surgery epicenter where the first silicone breast implant was developed. In addition to his formal training there, Dr. Chike-Obi took the additional time and effort to observe and learn different techniques from several leading surgeons in cities including New York, San Francisco, Dallas, and Chicago to further increase his surgical knowledge.
Meet Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi
It has been said that the discipline of plastic surgery is part art and part science. Dr. Chike-Obi understands the role of science in the advancement of plastic surgery. He has co-authored and published nearly twenty clinical research articles in peer-reviewed surgery and plastic surgery journals and his work has been presented at a variety of professional meetings nationally and internationally since 2007, including the International Society of Craniofacial Surgery Biennial International Congress, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery Annual Meeting, and Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting.
Plastic surgery commands a high level of artistry – creative skill and ability – the surgeon must understand the anatomy, tissue properties and behavior, and properly anticipate changes that occur during the healing process. This understanding comes not just from reading and writing about plastic surgery, but from performing a large number of relevant and challenging surgeries from an early stage in a surgeon’s career.
Dr. Chike-Obi is known by his patients for his bedside manner, his ability to individualize the surgical plan to each patient’s specific goals and desires, his attention to detail, and his dedication to safety. He strives to meet the aesthetic needs of his patients by offering: Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Liposuction, Fat Transfer (Face, Body), Tummy Tuck, Rhinoplasty, Genioplasty (Chin Surgery), Facelift, Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery), Breast Reduction, Reconstructive Breast Surgery.
Dr. Chike-Obi’s unique relationship with the outstanding dermatologists at Westlake Dermatology has heightened his awareness of skin physiology and skin care, and the recognition that not every patient needs surgery to reach her aesthetic potential and goals. Furthermore, the overall well-being of a patient’s skin is vital to the outcome of any plastic surgery procedure. This has allowed him to play an increased role in making valuable skin care recommendations and to effectively offer less invasive rejuvenation options to his patients including: Injectibles (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Sculptra), Filler (Juvéderm, Restylane, Belotero, Radiesse, Voluma), Laser therapy (Active FX, Fraxel), cryolipolysis (Coolsculpting), Ultherapy.
Dr. Chike-Obi Discusses SmartLipo On KEYE News
As a leading plastic surgeon in Austin, Dr. Chike-Obi is proud to offer compassionate care, and safe, cutting-edge procedures to his patients. He practices at the Westlake Dermatology Downtown Austin location and has privileges at major hospitals in the Austin area.
Dr. Chike-Obi is a member of the Texas Medical Association, the Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the Austin Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. He holds citizenship in both the United States of America and Nigeria, and is multilingual – fluent in English, French, Yoruba, and Ibo.
Dr. Chike-Obi Patient Testimonials:
- “My entire experience with Dr. Chike-Obi at Westlake Dermatology has been such a dream. The staff is so warm, welcoming and helpful especially his nurse Nicole. And Dr. Chike-Obi is a World Class Surgeon with a masterful technique, excellent bedside manner, and is literally the best around physician I ever had. I’ve just arrived at my 6-month anniversary after my breast augmentation and I couldn’t be happier. The procedure took very little time and the staff kept a close and caring watch on me during my first week of recovery. My incisions are very small and healing so well that they will soon be undetectable. And as for the actual augmentation, they are perfect! I am beyond grateful that I had Dr. Chike-Obi to advise me on the best size and type of implant that would best compliment and enhance my figure. If you are searching for 1st Class service and a World Class Surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Chike-Obi and his staff at the Westlake Dermatology in Downtown Austin. You will not regret it.” — Isha T. (January 7, 2019)
- “From the moment I walked in, the staff were very professional & informed. Parking tickets were validated, water offered and most importantly I was seen very quickly just as scheduled. Dr. Chike-Obi is exceptional and did a fantastic job on my surgery and his nurse (Nicole) was very accommodating as well. Without hesitation I would recommend him to any family member or friends.” — Michael O. (March 5, 2018)
- “I honestly cannot think of anything that could possibly make my visit to Westlake Dermatology Four Seasons any more enjoyable than it already is. My drive time to the appointment is over an hour but it is worth every minute. The staff is always friendly and welcoming the minute I walk in the door. Dr. Chike-Obi remembers me by name and recalls topic from our last visit about life stories I told him. It’s like coming to visit family. I love my Westlake family!” — Tamara S. (February 28, 2018)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi is Amazing! So personable! My results are incredible. I have never looked so good. I recommend him to everyone when they ask about plastic surgery.” — Amanda S. (January 26, 2018)
- “It is always an amazing experience. I don’t live in Austin anymore but I make sure to visit when I am in town.” — Julia M. (November 7, 2017)
- “Y’all had it spot on, thank you for the great help and getting me put back together. Truly couldn’t feel more blessed with how wonderful and quickly y’all treated my injuries.” — Catlin M. (November 1, 2017)
- “All staff and doctor made me feel very comfortable.” — Yanira A. (September 22, 2017)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi has been my doctor since 2014, and is a wonderful practitioner and person. Hallie (Office Manager) is always helpful with scheduling since I drive from Dallas. I am always happy each time I come and spend a few days seeing him.” — Stephanie L (September 19, 2017)
- “Everyone was great there!! Dr. Chike-Obi is so friendly and made me feel very comfortable and answered all my questions. I’m looking forward to my surgery.” — Jennifer H. (September 18, 2017)
- “I don’t know what could possibly have made my visit more enjoyable. The staff and physician were all delightful. I appreciate all the books in the waiting room, it was like being in a library.” — Laura R. (September 9, 2017)
- “Really amazing practice, I will be a patient from now on! Thank you for a seamless experience each time!” — Claire S. (July 25, 2017)
- “I love this place.” — Amy G. (July 18, 2017)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi and staff are always friendly and gracious . I highly recommend Dr. Chike-Obi. He’s an amazing surgeon and makes the whole process seem really easy and stress free.” — Esther C. (April 15, 2017)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi and staff are wonderful!! He took the time to listen to me and addressed any and all concerns. I felt completely informed and well cared for throughout every step. I am extremely pleased with the results of my procedure, and I recommend Dr. Chike-Obi every chance I get.” — Lindsay M. (March 13, 2017)
- “Amazing doctor, he is so knowledgeable and never makes you feel rushed. Listens to your concerns. The staff is so great. The doctor and his office staff is really accommodating. I appreciate them.” — M.P. (February 13, 2017)
- “I really don’t know how you could improve your excellent service. I am extremely happy with everything y’all have done. Thank you. Dr Chiki-Obi is awesome. I am 53 and I look 40. He did my facelift and upper eyes. The work that he does is incredible.” — Pam H. (February 4, 2017)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi was fabulous each and every time I saw him. Dr. Chike-Obi’s bedside manner is out of this world. He was so kind and attentive to not only my physical health, but, my mental health as well. Dr. Chike-Obi explained every aspect of the procedure. He also explained what would happen before surgery and after surgery. Dr. Chike-Obi is really a testament to the oath that he took when becoming a physician. He wants nothing but the best for his patients. I felt totally safe and at ease with Dr. Chike-Obi. I would recommend anyone who is thinking about any kind of breast augmentation to see Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi at Westlake Dermatology at the Four Seasons.” — Nicole W. (January 19, 2017)
- “Keep up the fantastic work. xoxox” — Sarah M. (December 22, 2016)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi is amazing! And all of his nurses that work with him are awesome! Thanks for making me feel more beautiful and comfortable with my body.” — Kristine T. (December 14, 2016)
- “I had a wonderful visit at WD Four Seasons. Dr. Chike-Obi was a delight as expected and I was comfortable the entire visit. His staff was approachable, sweet and knowledgeable about the task at hand. I felt safe! Thank you for all your hard work and I will be recommending Dr. Chike-Obi to all my friends who have desire to change things up.” — Andrea B. (October 4, 2016)
- “Very professional, friendly experience.” — Randy M. (September 29, 2016)
- “Extremely attentive and professional in my care. I appreciate the doctor and staff very much.” — Jean T. (September 25, 2016)
- “Everyone is always so very kind and helpful at your office. I feel like I’m coming to see friends, not a doctor’s office!” — Michelle G. (September 22, 2016)
- “Everything most excellent.” — Joe J. (August 17, 2016)
- “Amazing staff all the way from the second I walk in to check out and everything in between. Everyone at Westlake Dermatology made sure my husband and I were comfortable at all times. I know every time we go there we are in excellent hands. I came to Westlake Dermatology a 30 year old married woman with unsightly scars from a previous mastopexy. Dr. Chike-Obi and his staff gave me a new confidence and outlook on life and I will be forever thankful. I couldn’t have even dreamed of results this great. Thanks Westlake Dermatology!” — Kelly R. (July 27, 2016)
- “Everyone at Westlake Dermatology made me feel welcome and cared for. They were patient and informative throughout the whole process. Everyone was professional but yet, personable the day of my surgery which put me at ease.” — Alejandra G. (July 21, 2016)
- “I have received excellent care and service.” — Shelli C. (July 15, 2016)
- “I really enjoyed the staff but most of all Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi. I was terrified about having this surgery and especially a tummy tuck at the age of 53 years old but he made me feel comfortable and explain step by step of the procedure. He also made sure that I had as little pain as possible. I thought that I would be layed up for weeks but by the third day I was cooking my Husband dinner and was up cooking my Husband dinner. Thank you Dr. Chike-Obi for being such a great and caring surgeon.” — Melony H. (June 16, 2016)
- “Wow! Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi and his assistant made the experience worthwhile. They were both personable, kind, attentive and for that, I will be a repeat customer and recommend friends/family to this location. Great work, you two!!!” — Jai J. (May 21, 2016)
- “My step-daughter referred me to come see you all and I am glad I did. This office is a very professional and knowledgeable team. Thank you.” — Janet J. (May 21, 2016)
- “This was an amazing experience. I have never felt so beautiful as I do now. Thank you, Dr. Chike-Obi.” — Carolyn G. (March 3, 2016)
- “Office went above and beyond during my services especially with me traveling from Houston. The doctor was detailed, attentive, and knowledgeable. Great experience. Will refer patients and return.” — MP (January 29, 2016)
- “Everyone there is friendly and helpful. Dr. Chike-Obi is very thorough and genuinely cares for his patients.” — Jean D. (January 26, 2016)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi and his medical staff were excellent. My procedure went smoother than I expected, which set me up for a faster than expected recovery time. I would absolutely consider his team for any procedures and recommend them to my friends and family.” — Jordan W. (December 21, 2015)
- “I’m very impressed with the friendliness and services that I was given.” — Susan S. (December 1, 2015)
- “I drive from out of town to see my doctor and the staff and Dr. Chike-Obi are very good to me. His office is first class and I would recommend this practice to anyone.” — Stephanie L. (August 1, 2015)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi was very professional and friendly. He has a fine reputation for his work, but it is his warm personality and bedside manner that won me and my 11-year-old over. My son has confidence that Dr. Chike-Obi will take good care of him and give him good results. Allison, his P.A. or nurse, was also very informative and friendly. She put my son at ease, right away.” — Rosanne E. (May 12, 2015)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi is not just professional but a charismatic and great human being, I highly recommend him.” — Diana S. (April 28, 2015)
- “The staff was very friendly and nice from the moment I walked in the door until I left. The nurse and the doctor had a wonderful sense of humor which made me feel more at ease. Thank you for such a wonderful first visit!! Hope for many more.” — Deserie B. (January 20, 2015)
- “I’ve been to two locations and met with (and brought friends to) two doctors. Both of which are not only highly trained and outstanding physicians, but also incredible gentlemen. Seriously, an honor to be under their care. Don’t let the beautiful offices intimidate you…pricing is VERY reasonable. Such class and great concern from both Dr. Nikolaidis (Westlake) and Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi (Four Seasons). I fly from out of state to see them. They have set the bar so high, everyone else pales in comparison.” — Michele D. (December 10, 2014)
- “Loved the medical assistant who helped me today! She is always so kind and helpful. Dr. Chike-Obi always listens and makes me feel most comfortable.” — Rebecca M. (October 16, 2014)
- “Everything was very professionally handled. Great Job!” — Pete E. (July 9, 2014)
- “All my visits with Dr. Chike-Obi have been very enjoyable. His attention to detail and listening skills are above and beyond the norm. All staff at Four Seasons are very courteous and make sure you feel welcomed.” — Olga S. (May 22, 2014)
- “This was my first time visiting the Four Seasons location, I was very happy with everyone. The doctor and nurse were very caring for my situation and made me feel very comfortable.” — Amanda H. (March 10, 2014)
- “Love Dr. Chike-Obi and his staff! The care I received before and after surgery was genuine.” — Dawn C. (January 30, 2014)
- “Dr. Chike-Obi was wonderful. He’s very personable, listens to what you want and think, and makes his suggestions kindly.” — Rachel C. (January 25, 2014)
- “Nothing could make my visits more enjoyable. They are all wonderful there! I was made to feel perfectly comfortable, and would recommend Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi to all my friends. Absolutely, a great experience!” — Adrienne A. (January 21, 2014)
- “Three months post-op, i feel good and l look great. My self-confidence was not lacking prior to this procedure (my first cosmetic procedure); but the compliments have been pouring in (though folks do not know i had any type of procedure done) — i walk around with a ridiculously happy grin! I look forward to seeing the final result when my body has had enough time to work its own magic over the next couple of months. Dr. Chike-obi is going places — and rightfully so. This doctor-phobe would recommend him to anyone considering the services he offers. His deft skills, competence, brilliant bedside manner, and genuine interest in the outcome of the procedure for his patience is going to help him solidify a long and prosperous reputation. Thank you, Dr. Chike-Obi — Blessings to you and yours!” — Marina L. (January 15, 2014)
- “I felt very comfortable with the entire Westlake Dermatology staff. The process was very smooth as the staff explained pre & post procedure instructions extremely well so I felt prepared on procedure day. Jen and Dr. Chike-Obi were very professional, I felt like I was in good hands the entire visit. Thank you for taking good care of me! I will definitely recommend Westlake Dermatology to all my friends!” — Maria J. (November 14, 2013)
Follow Dr. Chuma Chike-Obi