Benjamin Bohaty, MD
Benjamin Ryan Bohaty, MD is a board certified dermatologist, dermatologic surgeon, researcher, and leader committed to the advancement of dermatology knowledge and skin treatment. His professional interests include cosmetic and surgical dermatology, including injectable fillers (e.g. Restylane, Juvederm), neuromodulators (e.g. Botox, Dysport), laser therapies, body sculpting (e.g. CoolSculpting, Ultherapy, Kybella), and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments. He also remains engaged in clinical research in the fields of cosmetic and medical dermatology.
Dr. Bohaty was born in Nebraska and raised in Ohio. After receiving his undergraduate degree from Miami University (BS, Zoology/Neuroscience) and diverse dermatology training during and after medical school at leading academic centers including Case Western Reserve University, the Cleveland Clinic, the University of Cincinnati, Northwestern University, the University of Texas – Houston, and the University at Buffalo, he successfully completed his dermatology residency training at Brown University.
Meet Dr. Bohaty
His research interests are primarily clinical, and he has served as an investigator for over thirty clinical trials covering a wide range of cutaneous conditions. As sub-investigator, Dr. Bohaty has collaborated with a number of top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies including Amgen, GlaxoSmithKline, Celgene, Novartis, Genentech, Regeneron, Merz Pharma, Anacor Pharmaceuticals, and Astellas Pharma.
Dr. Bohaty was awarded the Oxford Scholars Scholarship all four years during his undergraduate training at Miami University. In 2010, he was honored to give a presentation at the annual American Contact Dermatitis Society meeting in Miami, FL and be a winner at the Fisher resident competition for his work investigating irritant and allergic contact dermatitis to quaternary ammonium compounds. In 2014, Dr. Bohaty was recognized by the Skin and Allergy News Digital Network for his work investigating a novel sodium hypochlorite formulated wash (CLn® BodyWash) which was found to significantly improve symptoms and quality of life for children who had atopic dermatitis with Staphylococcus aureus colonization.
Dr. Bohaty is currently a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, as well as the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. His abstracts and articles in the field of dermatology have been accepted and published both nationally and internationally in a number of peer-reviewed mediums.
In his spare time Dr. Bohaty enjoys many hobbies including downhill skiing, snowboarding, hiking, backpacking, camping, and golfing. He is also an avid gearhead who has had a love of cars and motorcycles since he was young.
Testimonials about Dr. Bohaty
- “Friendly, knowledgeable, efficient. It was a great experience.” — Virginia G. (February 13, 2019)
- “All aspects from scheduling to the actual procedure went very well-no complaints or suggestions. As a first time patient, I’m very satisfied. Thanks!” — Scott M. (February 13, 2019)
- “Very friendly, quick, polite. I would recommend Dr. Bohaty to anyone.” — Marsha B. (February 12, 2019)
- “Service was very professional.” — Sandra S. (January 29, 2019)
- “My first visit at this office location and physician. I was very pleased by the welcoming environment as well as the cleanliness of the facility.” — April Y. (January 25, 2019)
- “Great experience. Very helpful employees and I really like Dr. Benjamin.” — Douglas C. (January 11, 2019)
- “Clean and courteous office, Dr. Bohaty was very personable and professional.” — Andrew S. (December 19, 2018)
- “Awesome doctor and great results!” — Shanda W. (December 19, 2018)
- “Dr. Bohaty was warm and wonderful!” — Moriah C. (December 18, 2018)
- “Very satisfied! “ — Kimberly W. (December 13, 2018)
- “Everyone was very professional and made my daughter very comfortable at her appointment!” — Mikaela L. (December 5, 2018)
- “My visit was very special and I was treated like I was someone important. My Doctor and Nurse made me feel relaxed. My Doctor explain everything in an easy way I could understand. The front staff were very nice. Thank you.” — Maria B. (December 4, 2018)
- “Loved everyone there. Dr was very sweet! Thank y’all so much.” — Vicki P. (October 19, 2018)
- “This was my first visit. You have set the bar very high as everything was exceptional.” — Amy H. (October 16, 2018)
- “Dr. Bohaty and staff were great. I had a very good first time experience. Thank you!” — Seth M. (October 2, 2018)